Bohemians away

Skelf

Great stories lads, love hearing about the good days,

I'm in Deep South just now working and fuckin sick of it, seeing the tricolour everywhere makes me sick, would love the bears to take over a part of this country at some point but doubt it will ever happen again

I was in Dublin for this game. Went over on the 'jimmy Clark loyal' bus which ran from the original louden tavern in duke street. The only thing of note I remember about the journey to Dublin was when the bus crossed the river boyne which prompted a victorious sing song.

The real fun started when we arrived in Dublin about 5pm & rush hour. My big mate (Brian Wilson from the calton) wrapped a massive union flag round a passing cyclist as we walked towards the city centre, who fell off his bike & started fkn screaming like a big wean. Before we knew it we were surrounded by the Garda who threw big Brian in the back of a meat wagon. I managed to escape the scene & found a pub heaving with bears. There was all sorts of carnage taking place during the game , but running the gauntlet from the Garda trying to find our bus after the game was horrific. Them animals were smacking lumps out of anyone who was within reach with truncheons & big plastic shield things. I seen a young bearette about 16 getting kicked in the back by one of them bastards.

Within about 15mins of leaving Dublin we didnt have a window left on our bus. We were all lying on the floor to avoid bricks , bottles etc which were raining in on us. I remember overtaking a car & (confession time here) I threw a bottle threw the windscreen of the car , but to my horror , it was full of Rangers fans! Just as I let the bottle go the driver started waving a Rangers scarf out the window. If your reading this , I'm sorry!

Eventually got home the next afternoon & my big mate who got lifted was on the front page of the evening times. The cyclist that he 'assaulted' was a top barrister apparently.

All in all it was absolutly mental.

Sorry again to the bears I threw the bottle at.

I was in Dublin for this game. Went over on the 'jimmy Clark loyal' bus which ran from the original louden tavern in duke street. The only thing of note I remember about the journey to Dublin was when the bus crossed the river boyne which prompted a victorious sing song.

The real fun started when we arrived in Dublin about 5pm & rush hour. My big mate (Brian Wilson from the calton) wrapped a massive union flag round a passing cyclist as we walked towards the city centre, who fell off his bike & started fkn screaming like a big wean. Before we knew it we were surrounded by the Garda who threw big Brian in the back of a meat wagon. I managed to escape the scene & found a pub heaving with bears. There was all sorts of carnage taking place during the game , but running the gauntlet from the Garda trying to find our bus after the game was horrific. Them animals were smacking lumps out of anyone who was within reach with truncheons & big plastic shield things. I seen a young bearette about 16 getting kicked in the back by one of them bastards.

Within about 15mins of leaving Dublin we didnt have a window left on our bus. We were all lying on the floor to avoid bricks , bottles etc which were raining in on us. I remember overtaking a car & (confession time here) I threw a bottle threw the windscreen of the car , but to my horror , it was full of Rangers fans! Just as I let the bottle go the driver started waving a Rangers scarf out the window. If your reading this , I'm sorry!

Eventually got home the next afternoon & my big mate who got lifted was on the front page of the evening times. The cyclist that he 'assaulted' was a top barrister apparently.

All in all it was absolutly mental.

Sorry again to the bears I threw the bottle at.

I was trying to be diplomatic and only mention them. But now you're at it, and the wine is working, I remember we passed a cyclist on the way home in the middle of nowhere and somebody lobbed a seat out the broken window and knocked him over. How he didnt fall under the wheels of the bus was a miracle. Poor guy, probably didn't know a thing about football !

Only went to the second leg at Ibrox, but I remember it was a really weird atmosphere and we made heavy weather of it before eventually going through. That was in the days of Cammy Fraser and Co, when we thought a Rangers team couldn't get any worse,

Thankfully they didnt. Souness was just round the corner. But it was a scary night.

I was on the Cumbernauld Loyal that trip too back in September 84. Picked me up a Millerston on the way through. Remember stopping off in Sandy Row that day and getting bladdered before we switch onto the old Ulster bus. I never knew why the seats where removable. Soon found out right after leaving Dalymount Park and the Garda sent us down towards the mob waiting for us at the bottom of the road. Bricks , bottles being pelted at us. We got the command to baton down the hatches and everyone got the seats up at the windows as barricades. The UB drivers where immense , how they could drive through that i will never know and then we literally drove through the bandit country roads with no lights on! I had broken glass in my hair and clothes for ages afterwards.

Inside the ground I remember an oil drum getting dropped on riot police from above the terracing entranc, a Garda getting cornered at the fence and a plain clothes cop run across the park and pull a pistol to make the guys giving the cop a kicking back off. A tricolour was then set a light in the Rangers end but they couldn't get a Union Jack to burn!

Then the return leg at Ibrox we thought it was all going to build up again and sogave them the full Broomloan stand and they literally had 30 fans with them ! Late goal I think got us through .

Them where the days .

Did they not get embarrassed when the Union Jack wouldn't burn , they moved and tried again.

I thought I'd seen the gun as well ! It was on the trackside at half time ! But none of the guys i was with saw it and saw nothing in the news about it so just thought I'd misread it all. The way i saw it, it was like a decoy because when it happened the riot polis tried to come in at our back ( which is what my mates were watching ) . But they made an arse of it cos the bears threw those yellow oil cans at them and the first row fell causing a domino effect.

Your the only guy that I know that saw the gun . Fuck me for 30 years I would swear it happened with noone to back me up !

Think that was bus I was on . Did it pick up at George Sq at 4-5 morning. I was with 5 guys from Kildrum.

Just before h/t a fight broke out between a group of about 20-30 and 2 cops, the cops were getting a right doing, 2 plain clothes cops ran across the pitch, while the game was on, 1 pulled out a gun and aimed at the Rangers fans, everyone scattered, then the Dublin riot squad charged in from the side, picked up their 2 cops, the rangers support regrouped and charged the riot cops who legged it and closed the gate, Ref blew for h/t.....Then the fun began!!!!

fxxgro.jpg