Tartan trannies face bill for flags at Wembley.

SCOTLAND fans will have to pay £1,500 to fly giant flags at this summer’s Auld Enemy clash at Wembley.The barmy health and safety levy pays for EIGHT workers to move the banner around the ground.And anyone who does stump up the cash will still have to provide stadium bosses with a FIRE SAFETY certificate.Last night the Tartan Army’s Hamish Husband raged: “This decision is completely ridiculous, it’s bizarre.“Despite this, I’m sure our end will be covered in tartan and Scotland flags.”Up to 20,000 supporters will head south for the August glamour game — the first between the sides since 1999 — with tickets expected to cost as much as £67.But Wembley and the English FA have a policy of charging £1,250-plus VAT for banners that pass over heads.Yeovil Town supporters discovered that to their cost when they tried to take a banner in to Sunday’s League One play-off. And safety rules for the £798million arena in London state: “A Fire Retardant certificate is required to be sent to Wembley before the match, and a copy must be brought to the match.”Last night an FA spokesman said: “A contractor has to bring in eight people to ensure the flag is manoeuvred safely over the heads of fans.“We have to make sure we are looking after safety.”

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17k, and 26k posts, and that's the best you could come up with between you? I suppose in your little world, no Bears support or play for Scotland. Grow up.

17k, and 26k posts, and that's the best you could come up with between you? I suppose in your little world, no Bears support or play for Scotland. Grow up.

Could flip it and say your not a true Bear if you support they skirt wearing pricks

Could flip it and say your not a true Bear if you support they skirt wearing pricks

I could flip it back, and say, no true Bear would abandon their country, and label the fans, "scummy pricks". We could be here all night....

I could flip it back, and say, no true Bear would abandon their country, and label the fans, "scummy pricks". We could be here all night....

I've not abandoned my country

The Scottish football team does not hold a monopoly on all things patriotism

Why would abandoning my country not make me a true bear anyway? Explain that one

I've not abandoned my country

The Scottish football team does not hold a monopoly on all things patriotism

Why would abandoning my country not make me a true bear anyway? Explain that one

It doesn't. Much in the same way as supporting your country, doesn't make you not a real Bear. You see my point.

No one forces you to support Scotland, but to go out of your way to slag off the people that do, is petty, and childish. I would guess that Rangers fans still make up a decent % of the Scotland support.

It doesn't. Much in the same way as supporting your country, doesn't make you not a real Bear. You see my point.[\b]

No one forces you to support Scotland, but to go out of your way to slag off the people that do, is petty, and childish. I would guess that Rangers fans still make up a decent % of the Scotland support.

No I don't see your point

It's a team full of tims, a fan base full of national anthem booing supporters that hate our club and run by a body that tried to kill us off then strip our titles

If you can't see how that annoys the majority of Rangers fans then your the ignorant childish one in my eyes

Rangers - either with us or against us and I include McCoist in that who's so pally with our enemies

I will enjoy it mate, thanks a lot.

Looking forward to the World Cup.

I often wonder how people like your good self would act, if it was england that were pish, and Scotland were in the world cup. I'm sure you would still be kicking about in your 3 lions jersey, come the summer. The english laugh at scottish people that support them.

. The english laugh at scottish people that support them.

Not the ones I know

In fact I find the English a lot nicer and less childish than the Tartan Trannies when it comes to football

I don't think Bombay cuts about with England tops on he's supporting them in this one game as a few Rangers fans will be doing

I'm not a fan if the English national team myself personally as I hate international football in general

No I don't see your point

It's a team full of tims, a fan base full of national anthem booing supporters that hate our club and run by a body that tried to kill us off then strip our titles

If you can't see how that annoys the majority of Rangers fans then your the ignorant childish one in my eyes

Rangers - either with us or against us and I include McCoist in that who's so pally with our enemies

I can see why some of us don't fully support the national team, but it's hardly full of tims. The last game had 5/6 ex-Rangers players starting. Not giving them your full backing, is a far cry from calling them "scummy pricks", and cheering for our oldest enemies.

Let's not forget, the head of the so-called body that is so against us, is in fact, english. You actually couldn't make this shite up.

As for the booing, do you think the england fans will boo Flower of Scotland in August? if they do, will you be offended, or will you just brush it off as what happens at football?

That one Englishman as much as he is a dick can't make those decisions that crippled us himself - there's execs and a committee and a board

Regarding Flower Of Scotland I hope it does get booed its an anti English piece of crap and if us Bears can't sing the Fanine Song then Flower Of Scotland should go too

And the 5 ex Gers from last game they were cunts like Naismith, McGregor, Whittaker who walked out on us

Hardly the best example to use to drum up Gers support

Forgot to mention that earlier thanks for reminding me

That one Englishman as much as he is a dick can't make those decisions that crippled us himself - there's execs and a committee and a board

Regarding Flower Of Scotland I hope it does get booed its an anti English piece of crap and if us Bears can't sing the Fanine Song then Flower Of Scotland should go too

Rebellious Scots to crush, verse 6, of "our" national anthem, seeing as we're petty, point scoring. Is that racist too?

Rebellious Scots to crush, verse 6, of "our" national anthem, seeing as we're petty, point scoring. Is that racist too?

Edit, didn't mean "racist", meant anti-scottish. piece of crap.