Goram Or Klos?

Joscro

anyone who says klos is uneducated on the subject

I saw both and am not uneducated on the subject, for me 2 great keepers, but I genuinely feel Klos had the edge, and remember Goram was probably profiled higher due to 9 in a row and his legendary status, maybe people not judging Klos as fairly as they should.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goram or Klos? Really stupid question if you seen both in action.

Both great shot stoppers but Goram was better at corners, crosses and especially the back pass.

Goram was better than Schmicael 92-93 season, yet all we heard about was how Man Utd won the league in 25 years, we went 48 games unbeaten at home and abroad and were cheated out of the Champs League final.

I don't think we will ever see a 48 unbeaten run at home and abroad again in a season .

Really stupid question if you saw both in action? I must be stupid then, but to say that must be a stupid thing to say in itself, 2 great keepers and not much in it, this no contest stuff is rubbish. it would be a titanic contest. But then that's my opinion.

Both great shot stoppers but Goram was better at corners, crosses and especially the back pass.

Goram was better than Schmicael 92-93 season, yet all we heard about was how Man Utd won the league in 25 years, we went 48 games unbeaten at home and abroad and were cheated out of the Champs League final.

I don't think we will ever see a 48 unbeaten run at home and abroad again in a season .

Its like asking which one of your kids your prefer!! But in all honesty The Goalie was in my eyes the best, that is taking absolutely nothing away from Der Goalie. 2 of the best keepers in my lifetime. We could do with someone like either of them now.

Goram is the best shot stopper I have ever seen. Klos was a good keeper, but nowhere near Goram. Andy Goram was the main difference for us during our nine in a row era. Without him Tommy Burns' team would have stopped it. Goram always came up with the big saves in the important matches. Leeds Utd home and away. Van Hoojidonk penalty are a few that spring to mind. Even when his legs were gone he still had it.

Both arguably world class goalkeepers, Klos won the Champions League and then signed for us a year or two later was it? So we knew we were signing someone special.

I've obviously seen Klos more due to my age but when I watch saves that Goram made, his character on the pitch as well was amazing. It has to be Goram for me.

One thing we've always seemed to have other celtc is a solid defence and a better goalkeeper

Obviously it's changed now but hopefully next season when we're back we will get back to that. Gordon is a ticking timebomb, he will be due a bad injury any time.

Which one of Goram and Klos do you think was the better goalie? Goram, a great winning mentality and a Gers legend made some out of this world saves, and was a 9 in a row stalwart, but I reckon Klos was a better technical keeper and towards the end of his time Goram was getting easier beaten with hard low shots.

Neither.

Steve Simonsen