James Tavernier, Embracing Rangers

I honestly cant stop watching the images of Tav and Mackay after the wee man embarassed Broon and stuck it in the top bin.

Tav is fucking over the moon and you can tell he loves wearing the red white and blue. Hope he stays for a long long time with this footballing family.

Never have I slagged a Rangers player from day one. Tav had up and down games but he was never deserving of some of the criticism some gave him.

One player I did not like from the off was John Daly.

But Sundays game was just right for Tav. OK he missed a penalty, better players have done so also.

Glad he is playing for us, and happy he is happy being here.

Love the big guy.

still not convinced about him defensively, he had heehaw to do on sunday given how shite the tarriers were, i think he could be an issue defensively at grounds like tynecastle and aberdeens shitehole next season

but by fuck does he love playing for this club, his expression when mckay battered in that screamer was one that every fan would have had as well, you can see its more than a job to him, he actually loves this place

One for the oldies, How about changing the words to a bit of Charlie Pride : Crystal chandelier.

Oh big James Tavernier lights up when he is on the ball.

We marvel at his skills when hes shooting at the goal.

We've won promotion thanks to Tav we have something to cheer.

Like us he's one of the people

Tavernier.

10 hours ago, WGOH said:

There was a guy on another thread telling me that he 'says it how he sees it' and said that he thought Tav was shite and doesn't see a future at Rangers for Tav :lol: 

That was me and it's you that's making shite up. I said I didn't know if he had a future with us and I didn't think he had a particularly great game on Sunday.

I don't expect him to play like he did in the first 3 month after joining but since then up front he's not been the same and at the back he's been suspect. Nearly all his profitable play early in the season was because he was coming inside defenders. He seems to have stopped that now and always tries to go outside which isn't working. Him and Wallace are playing as wingers and it's been noticeable for a while that we're much, much stronger down the left than the right. At the start of the season we were equally strong on both wings.

But if that's me saying he's shite then it's obvious you'll believe what you want to anyway

13 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

That was me and it's you that's making shite up. I said I didn't know if he had a future with us and I didn't think he had a particularly great game on Sunday.

I don't expect him to play like he did in the first 3 month after joining but since then up front he's not been the same and at the back he's been suspect. Nearly all his profitable play early in the season was because he was coming inside defenders. He seems to have stopped that now and always tries to go outside which isn't working. Him and Wallace are playing as wingers and it's been noticeable for a while that we're much, much stronger down the left than the right. At the start of the season we were equally strong on both wings.

But if that's me saying he's shite then it's obvious you'll believe what you want to anyway

Haha ok mate. 

Don't get the criticism he's had. For me he goes between outstanding and good the vast majority of the time, and is 'quiet' occasionally. He's never been bad, even with the odd defensive lapse. I think his early season form set the bar so high people's expectations were raised as well, such that his 'quiet' days (and even some 'good' days) were seen as worse than the actually were.

"Weve got Tav, James Tavernier,

I just don't think you understand,

He's red white and blue

He's better than Cafu 

We've got Tavernier" 

That's actually pretty good!! I'm not even a bit ashamed I've blatantly ripped off the Delle Ali / Mesut Ozil song ?

6 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

He doesn't need a song, the fact he's known as the blue Cafu pishes all over any song

If you were a sportsman what would you prefer - 50,000 belting out a song about how great you are while you're playing, or a few dozen guys on the Internet calling you the blue Cafu? Of course, having both is an option as well. 

2 minutes ago, Iguana said:

If you were a sportsman what would you prefer - 50,000 belting out a song about how great you are while you're playing, or a few dozen guys on the Internet calling you the blue Cafu? Of course, having both is an option as well. 

If there's a song that goes then fair enough sing it but his name is awkward as f**k to sing about??, 

1 minute ago, daverfc13 said:

If there's a song that goes then fair enough sing it but his name is awkward as f**k to sing about??, 

Dave, you need to check my suggestion for a song two posts above yours. I think you'll find its fucking awesome. Still no likes though right enough :( 

43 minutes ago, Iguana said:

"Weve got Tav, James Tavernier,

I just don't think you understand,

He's red white and blue

He's better than Cafu 

We've got Tavernier" 

That's actually pretty good!! I'm not even a bit ashamed I've blatantly ripped off the Delle Ali / Mesut Ozil song ?

And the Hibs one about McGinn. So thats that oot windy. :D