RIP William Logie

MisterC

Found myself on the Scotsman website of all places earlier and saw an obituary to William Logie who played for us back in the 50's. Can any of the older bears remember him? Can't say I had heard of him before but he was the first British player to be sent off in a European tie which is a claim to fame I guess....

Trust the scotsman to try to disgrace a former Rangers by weaseling about finding a negative on his death, low life jacobite backstabbing scum. No wonder the Duke of Cumberland took the cold steel to them! R.I.P. Brother William Logie, a Ranger then, a Ranger now, a Ranger forever ! :sherlock:

4 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Played 23 matches for us around 56/57 season as a LB and was signed from Cambuslang Rangers and left for the sheeps at the end of that season and then went on to play for Arbroath.Brechin and Alloa. RIP William 

Only played that season 56/57, 24 matches, 16 league, 3 friendlies, 2 Glasgow cup and the 3 games against Nice in Rangers first venture in the European cup, that alone puts him in the history book! :sherlock:

From the Rangers Collectors page on Flickr.

Rangers side in front of 65,000 was :-

Niven, Shearer, Caldow, McColl, Young, Logie, Scott, Simpson, Murray, Baird and Hubbard.

Maxie Murray scored Rangers first ever European goal that evening.

RIP William

image.jpeg