Introducing The Who The F*** Cup!

OlegKuznetsov

I think we can assume that it's more £50k than £100k

Scottish League Cup finds sponsor for final stages

A sponsor has been found for the latter stages of this season's Scottish League Cup.

The three-game package with the QTS Group will cover the two semi-finals and final.

It is thought to be worth in the region of £100,000 to the organiser, the Scottish Professional Football League.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "We have been in the market for a presenting partner for the Scottish League Cup and interest was high."

The League Cup was last sponsored by the Scottish government two seasons ago when it was knows as the Scottish Communities League Cup.

"We are delighted that QTS are supporting the Scottish League Cup and talks continue with a view to bringing in a number of additional partners," said Doncaster, whose organisation is still seeking a sponsor for the league itself.

Celtic have been drawn against Rangers in the Scottish League Cup semi-finals

He described the company as a "perfect fit" for the competition as it was "an ambitious and growing Scottish business with a proud history of successful sport sponsorship".

Strathaven-based QTS, which is involved in maintenance of the rail network, already backs Scottish Premiership club Kilmarnock.

The competition will now be called "The Scottish League Cup presented by QTS".

Dundee United face Aberdeen in the first semi-final at Hampden Park on Saturday 31 January, with Celtic taking on Rangers at the same venue the following day.

The final, again at Hampden, is on Sunday 15 March.

QTS managing director Alan McLeish said: "The three matches left in the competition are a major opportunity to showcase the best of Scottish football and we want to play our part in that."

Maybe it's a good idea. I suddenly have the urge to order some rail network maintenance. :pipe:

You now know that all kick offs will be delayed at least 45 minutes or cancelled.

Mind you, Ally can claim that it's the wrong type of leaves grass on the track pitch.

I think we can assume that it's more £50k than £100k

Maybe it's a good idea. I suddenly have the urge to order some rail network maintenance. :pipe:

You now know that all kick offs will be delayed at least 45 minutes or cancelled.

Mind you, Ally can claim that it's the wrong type of grass on the track/pitch.

:lol:

And no chance of understanding the stadium announcer!

I would be happy though, if they provided a replacement 'coach' service!