The Special One

Don't rate him or Chelsea, when you consider how much money they have spent their record in Europe is pretty poor. How much debt are they in these days?

Record in Europe poor?

:lol:

How many other managers have won the CL with 2 different clubs.

He also took a Porto side to back to back European titles from the UC to the CL against teams who spent comfortably much more than he did in Portugal.

English clubs in general have a woeful record in Europe.

Look at how much United, City, Arsenal and Liverpool have spent in the past 3-4 years and what do they have to show for it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keech.

The most successful manager on the planet, bar none.

Compared to ManC, ManU, Arsenal, he has spent little.

He IS the man!

To be fair, Mourinho, alone, has spent over a billion in the last 10 years. Only City have spent more.

Although I really don't understand why Mourinho has the his spending used against him when the likes of Ferguson, Guardiola, Benitez, Pelligrini, Mancini, Redknapp, Wenger, Ancelotti, Klopp and even Simeone get off scot free as if they've been working with nothing.

Moirinho is a joke who would be nothing without his magic chequebook and who has the nerve to smeat others with his own faults. Even with his big spending he was shit at RM.

:lol:

He won two European trophies including the CL with Porto FFS!

A 2 time CL winning joke. :lol:

You obviously don'the remember the late 70s and early 80s. They really enjoyed their trips to Cambridge and Luton and I distinctly remember standing in a half full Shed watching them play Middlesbrough. Proper Chelsea legends playing then Mickey Droy and Peter Rhoades-Brown for a start. Hazard has nothing on those two. :D

Oh I remember the 80s alright,went to a few games(my brother supports Chelsea)maybe a crowd of just over 20k in the ground,but they had a shite team and no money after building that stand. If you look at averages around that time Arsenal avg 25k Spurs similar Newcastle half what they pull in now , to be fair the 80s saw a big drop off for most clubs.I do not care to think what our averages at Ibrox were in the same period : :D I think if you were to take their average gate from formation to now it would be in the low 30 k mark,so they have always had a solid fanbase.