SFA Panel punishments in breach of its own rules

boss

Rangers were found guilty in respect of Rule 2.

Rule 2: Each member shall procure that its officials, its Team Staff and its players act in accordance with Rule 1.

But we were found Not Proven in respect of Rule 1. Whyte wasn't even charged under Rule 1. So who was found guilty under Rule 1 which formed the basis for our guilt under Rule 2?

Haha, the SFA scum have completely ballsed this up.

For reference, Rule 1:

Rule 1 (b): All members shall:

(b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers were found guilty in respect of Rule 2.

Rule 2: Each member shall procure that its officials, its Team Staff and its players act in accordance with Rule 1.

But we were found Not Proven in respect of Rule 1. Whyte wasn't even charged under Rule 1. So who was found guilty under Rule 1 which formed the basis for our guilt under Rule 2?

Haha, the SFA scum have completely ballsed this up.

For reference, Rule 1:

Rule 1 (b): All members shall:

(b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;

Get this sent to as many influential people/persons/mhedia/organisations/Duff and Phelps asap.

In fact I'm sure Jim Traynor or Keevins or someone would love to do an article in the rhags based on this, if it is indeed as flawed as it seems.

Looking at it again though, is Rule 1 not a rule dealing with the club as a whole, whereas Rule 2 is dealing with individuals involved with the club? i.e. the in accordance with Rule 1 is only the fact that individuals representing the club broke those rules set down by the bodies mentioned, whilst the club didn't, hence the guilt on Rule 2 and not on Rule 1

Looking at it again though, is Rule 1 not a rule dealing with the club as a whole, whereas Rule 2 is dealing with individuals involved with the club? i.e. the in accordance with Rule 1 is only the fact that individuals representing the club broke those rules set down by the bodies mentioned, whilst the club didn't, hence the guilt on Rule 2 and not on Rule 1

And that means? It's not in breach?

Unfortunately I see it the same way :anguish: this is the shite Reagan was talking about when he said We (RFC) are at fault for Craig Whyte's actions as we told them he was fit and proper. A load of bull i know but the meaning behind rule 2.

And that means? It's not in breach?

My point is that Rule 1 appears to be a general rule stating that expressely a CLUB cannot break the rules set by SFA/FIFA/UEFA etc. However, Rule 2 says that any club representatives cannot breach the rules referenced in Rule 1 ("in accordance with Rule 1). So as far as I see it they are saying that the Club can be dealt with under Rule 1, which cannot be proven that we broke, but Rule 2 (which is exactly the same as Rule 1 except that it deals with individuals) was broken by a club official, for which the club is being held responsible, so therefore in the SFA's book we are in breach. It does amount to them admitting that our "wrongdoing" was due to the actions of Whyte, but it still maintains that as a club we can be held responsible for his actions.

My point is that Rule 1 appears to be a general rule stating that expressely a CLUB cannot break the rules set by SFA/FIFA/UEFA etc. However, Rule 2 says that any club representatives cannot breach the rules referenced in Rule 1 ("in accordance with Rule 1). So as far as I see it they are saying that the Club can be dealt with under Rule 1, which cannot be proven that we broke, but Rule 2 (which is exactly the same as Rule 1 except that it deals with individuals) was broken by a club official, for which the club is being held responsible, so therefore in the SFA's book we are in breach. It does amount to them admitting that our "wrongdoing" was due to the actions of Whyte, but it still maintains that as a club we can be held responsible for his actions.

Thanks for clearing that up (tu)