SFA Panel punishments in breach of its own rules

boss

The Judicial Panel Protocol:

1.6 The Protocol comes into effect on 7 June 2011 ("the Effective Date").

The findings:

Name: Craig Whyte, Director, Rangers FC

Dates: 6th May 2011 to 6th March 2012

Name: Rangers FC

Dates: 6th May 2011 to 6th March 2012

Haha, spot the complete balls-up on this one.

Boss I do so hope you are right in all of this and I have no reason to doubt you.

Just one question on this. Although the protocols come into effect from 7 June 2011 do they not apply to whoever was in charge of the club at that time?

Please excuse my ignorance if I am wrong but we have had so many false dawns recently that it would be good to know we are on totally solid ground on this one.

Please excuse my ignorance if I am wrong but we have had so many false dawns recently that it would be good to know we are on totally solid ground on this one.

Smoking ban comes into force on (say) 1/1/2010. You were found guilty of smoking on 31/12/2009. Does that stack up?

Smoking ban comes into force on (say) 1/1/2010. You were found guilty of smoking on 31/12/2009. Does that stack up?

But if it's until june 2012, does it not mean we would be 'guilty' from May to June?

I hope your right, I just can't believe that an organisation, as stupid as the SFA are, would get something like this wrong!

Ok get that one as it falls under criminal/civil jurisdiction, just wasn't sure if SFA legislation did not require to follow similar parameters.

Delighted that if so the SFA appears to have screwed up. What does surprise me however is that they must have known the backlash of their decisions and I am truly surprised these decisions were not fine toothed and combed by their legals before being announced.

However as stated I am delighted if these decisions are flawed and well done to you for flagging it up.

Are they not just listing the dates Craig Whyte was director? I don't see anything wrong here.

The SPL are looking at bringing new rules into play on 30 April which will still punish us even though we were under the old regime.