Stuart McCall -What a quandry

In normal circumstances any SPL manager would relish the chance of competing in the Champions' League qualifiers.

But for Stuart McCall there must be a sense or irony in the manner in which Motherwell F.C. has attained this entitlement.

As a True Blue, Stuart will be gutted at the ongoings within his beloved club which has allowed this situation, whilst at the same time on a personal and professional level,he will be delighted at being afforded the opportunity to try and qualify to participate in Europe's premier competition.

I think that we should be grateful that if we cannot be at that party, we are in some way represented by a manager who has a deep love of our club and who is truly one of us.

I would like to wish Stuart all the very best in the qualification rounds as a token for the many great years of service and success he brought to Rangers Football Club.

Love the guy and would rather have him in Europe than any tim.

Manager of the year as well. (tu)

Oops, I accidently gave that post a thumbs down instead of a thumbs up.

Could someone please do me a favour and give that guy a thumbs up to get his post back to normal again.

Much appreciated.

Just me being pedantic mate. Enjoy your night.

Cheers mate - had to laugh as well when I realised what I'd done. We've not had much to laugh about recently but last night sitting at Ibrox made me feel how good it is to be a Bear.

Was there with my boy who saw his first game as a 5 year old. He is now 25 and we went to the club shop where he bought a few items then suddenly discovered he'd "left his money in his other jacket!!" Guess who paid?

Was thinking nothing has changed in 20 bloody years!

Just as well his name is Billy :D

Cheers mate - had to laugh as well when I realised what I'd done. We've not had much to laugh about recently but last night sitting at Ibrox made me feel how good it is to be a Bear.

Was there with my boy who saw his first game as a 5 year old. He is now 25 and we went to the club shop where he bought a few items then suddenly discovered he'd "left his money in his other jacket!!" Guess who paid?

Was thinking nothing has changed in 20 bloody years!

Just as well his name is Billy :D

It's hard to remember that it's all about the football when we have all this nonsense flying about. Football for the G'Fathers, Fathers, Sons and on it goes. But tonight was great for everybody.

My son is 8 and plays for the Buddy's so he won't be getting any of the Teddy's Memo. He's pinned his colours to the mast and gave me a hammering for it that dreadful day we lost to them. So onwards and upwards to more great nights and make sure the next time it's your son's treat.

About 6/7 years ago I was in Glasgow visting relatives and wanted to take a football match in, the closest that day was at Fir Park (Rangers were playing the next day) Motherwell v celtic I ended up in a pub and bought a ticket for the celtic end, a large number of the 'Well fans were singing the Sash and Billy Boys throughout the match while I had to stand with the animals chanting about the ira, I was very proud of the Motherwell fans that day, and it is something that has always stuck with me..

Motherwell FC ....... Good crowd

If any team was to have the Champions League spot instead of us I wouldn't mind it being Motherwell, don't really bare any grudges against them. Albeit they will get trounced in the qualifiers, they could play runner up in Russia! Ha

Love the guy and would rather have him in Europe than any tim.

Manager of the year as well. (tu)

Well said Sir, and may I add that I have enjoyed numerous evenings in Tam Parks in Wishaw with one of my mates, from said town, and during such Protestant nights have met many of the Steelmen who I have always found to be very good guys.

Good luck Motherwell and one of our own, Stuart McCall.

If any team was to have the Champions League spot instead of us I wouldn't mind it being Motherwell, don't really bare any grudges against them. Albeit they will get trounced in the qualifiers, they could play runner up in Russia! Ha

Which could possibly be one of 6 teams.

Anzhi, CSKA, Dinamo, Spartak, Lokomotiv or Rubin Kazan.

I think any of them would destroy Motherwell with their reserve team. I would love it if the Well got through to the group stages though. Would be great for the co-efficient.

I also can't believe how many teams there are in Moscow!?

Mental.

Which could possibly be one of 6 teams.

Anzhi, CSKA, Dinamo, Spartak, Lokomotiv or Rubin Kazan.

I think any of them would destroy Motherwell with their reserve team. I would love it if the Well got through to the group stages though. Would be great for the co-efficient.

I also can't believe how many teams there are in Moscow!?

Mental.

When were they formed?

A lot on here are very forgiving , outside the Rangers I'll never support another Scottish side in Europe.

I'd like to see any Scottish team apart from Celtic do well in Europe, just for the good of the Scottish game.