Reject the SPL but retain the share, thus screwing them badly.

How's about this?

We have the share, in the oldco at least.

We need the share to play in the SPL, but so does anybody else.

If we simply retain it, they cannot invite another club unless we agree to the transfer.

Perhaps we should sell it for £1billion.

Or perhaps we should hold out for silly money. ;)

----------------------------

OK, on reflection, perhaps not my best idea ever, to put it mildly.

There was more than a hint of anger in the thinking behind it, largely because of the unending shaftings we're being dealt on a daily basis. We really are being pushed towards the precipice with great glee by many.

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that it's turning into a brutal gang rape on our club. That's maybe why we're getting a bit more strident.

lol, your bonkers. its up to the spl who they give a share to. if a team gets relegated they cant say "well.... we're no handing our share over to [the team that won promotion]"

RFC PLC own the share. It's not the SPL's to "give".

They are merely authorising a transfer of ownership of the share.

I think we can have them on this technicality.

Why?

As it stands the SPL are merely voting on the transfer of it from oldco to newco.

I say retain it indefinitely, and therefore suspend the league.

I don't know, if i tried to come up with any reasons i'd be lying but i just doubt it would be that easy.

lol, your bonkers. its up to the spl who they give a share to. if a team gets relegated they cant say "well.... we're no handing our share over to [the team that won promotion]"

That could be an issue, but they would need to sort the ownership of the share out, before the league started.

A few weeks could be enough to blow the whole gaff apart.

The can't reject "ownershp" of the share.

It's not theirs to determine ownership of.

He didn't say reject, he said revoke. Which the SPL would be able to do on the basis that the holding company is entering liquidation and it does not have a football club with which to benefit from the share in the league.

Article 6 of the SPL

A Share may only be issued, allotted, transferred to or held by a person who is the owner and operator of a Club and if a Member shall cease to be the owner and operator of a Club then such Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share.

Rangers Old Co no longer is the owner and operator of Rangers Football Club, therefore ceases entitlement to hold the share.

How's about this?

We have the share, in the oldco at least.

We need the share to play in the SPL, but so does anybody else.

If we simply retain it, they cannot invite another club unless we agree to the transfer.

Perhaps we should sell it for £1billion.

Or perhaps we should hold out for silly money. ;)

I tried to establish this point a couple of days ago, still not sure what would happen if the oldco is still in admin at the start of the season and not yet in liquidation, do the players contracts not still belong to the oldco??

Why?

As it stands the SPL are merely voting on the transfer of it from oldco to newco.

I say retain it indefinitely, and therefore suspend the league.

Each team receives an annual share each at the seasons outset. Once that season is up, they no longer hold the share and the new shares are handed out at the start of the next season. Like a rolling share which has a 1 year shelfline, so if relageted you lose it etc./

Article 6 of the SPL

A Share may only be issued, allotted, transferred to or held by a person who is the owner and operator of a Club and if a Member shall cease to be the owner and operator of a Club then such Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share.

Rangers Old Co no longer is the owner and operator of Rangers Football Club, therefore ceases entitlement to hold the share.

Well that ends that fucking argument stonedead.

OK, hands up. On reflection, perhaps not my best idea ever, to put it mildly.

There was more than a hint of anger in the thinking behind it, largely because of the unending shaftings we're being dealt on a daily basis. We really are being pushed towards the precipice with great glee by many.

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that it's turning into a brutal gang rape on our club. That's maybe why we're getting a bit more strident.