An SPL statement read: "It was agreed that, in future, any decision on the transfer of a share to a newco from any club will be considered by all member clubs, rather than the SPL board, with the felxibility to impose sanctions appropriate to each individual circumstance."
now consider this, the vote on the 4th of July will simply be a YES or NO. If it is YES we are passed to transfer our SPL share from the oldco to newco.
After that happens, we are now open to have sanctions placed upon us. Undefined sanctions with no limits it would seem. Sanctions that the other clubs will decide upon, and then impose on us before the new season kicks off. Sanctions could range from anything from points deductions, to financial penalties, to suspensions & exclusions, or a mix of all of those options.
Let's be clear, we will not be told of sanctions before a vote, the sanctions are anyones guess, and will only be applied to us after a YES vote goes through. Our only option to oppose any sanctions will be to appeal them.
So with that in mind, what would you prefer. Would you prefer Green to go ahead with the SPL application & roll the dice on whatever sanctions come out way shoudl we win, or would you rather we just applied straight to the 3rd division?