***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

On the updated Database, changed the editor so we were straight into the champs league groups and came 3rd in a group with barca, Cska moscow and Genk.

top of the league 3 points clear with the tims sitting in 7th :D

Cleared out the staff and got my own squad in,

Got Welbeck on loan (950k fee) 17 goals in 22 apps! and Barry Bannan(210k fee) aswell got Dani Fernandez from Feyenoord for 975k and Legrottaglie on a free

not sold anyone but sent some youngsters out on loans

Looking about for a right mid to come in, in the january transfer window any suggestions? only got 4 mil but will ned some of that as im pushing the wage budget

Putting a superb young team together.

Start of my 3rd season with Rangers and this is my team

Renan (just over 1 million pounds - BARGAIN)

Joshua gouliovagli sp* - 21 - 1.6 million from st ettiene

Uros Cosic - 20 - 1.5 million from CSKA Moscow. Absolute Rock

Dedrick Boyata - 21 i think - loan

Jordan Spence - 21 - loan

Bakary Sare - 22 - 600k from Anderlecht

James Mcarthur - 24 - got offered him for 2 million from Wigan :drool:

Ryad Boudebouz - 23 - Cost me 5 million in the summer just there but alot is in installments

Mateo Kovacic - 18 - 1.5 million. Fucking Bargain. he just runs games with mcarthur

Bashkim Kadril - 21 - 1.6 million. The guy is an absolute god i advise everyone to buy him.

Yaya Sanogo - 20 - 3.5 million. Picked him up at the end of the first season and he has been worth every penny ovcourse.

Couple of subs worth mentioning.

Frederic Bulot - 21 - signed from Monaco Reserves for 1.5 million and has came on leaps and bounds. He fights it out with boudebouz in the Attacking mid spots.

vitaly kivnestsov. - 20 - Not how you spell his name at all. Signed for 2.1 million from Dynamo kiev but cant get kadril out the team. Good sub to have though.

Jan Chramosta - 21 - The guy is an absolute goal machine as a poacher and is great to have is sanogo goes off the boil a bit.

Ondrej Novotny - 17 - 6'4 central defender recommended to me by chramosta. Scouted him for a bit and he stayed at 1.5 stars potential but brought him anyway as he was a beast in the air and just wanted to see how he would do in the u19's. Started off worth 30k. Hes now worth 700k with 3.5 star potential and is still just 17. Never seen someone improve so much so quick from being so shit.

So what are your current teams. What do the players bring to the table ? who would you reccomend to others etc ? If you can be arsed lol

Won my next 2 qualifiers at Hampden against Lithuania and the Czechs 2-0.

6 games unbeated in the group with 2 left to play. Unfortunately for myself the Czechs done the unthinkable and beat Spain in their own back yard 1-0, so the top 3 in my group are separated by 1 point. Hopefully Spain thump the Czechs and I beat Liechtenstein away and I'll have qualified for the play-offs at least :D

Won a nervy game in Liechtenstein 2-0, one of my goals in the last minute of stoppage time. So, off to Spain needing a point to top the group, but I couldn't hold out and went down 2-0. Got Switzerland in the play-offs now.

I managed to adjust my budget, so I brought in Goodwillie for £3.5M which was good business considering Dundee United wanted £7M during the summer. He wasn't registered in time for the Champions' League, but came on against Kilmarnock and got an assist.

We started off shite, but. We drew nil-nil at Easter Road, then lost one-nil in Sweden against Brondby before going one-nil down at home to Kilmarnock. We went on to win that game three-one, though, and leathered Brondby four-nil at Ibrox to book our place in the Champions' League group stage. We're in Group 'H' with Chelsea, Twente and a mob from Serbia called Javor who's stadium can't possibly be at UEFA standards.

I signed Craig Conway on a free, but he picked-up a knock in the last game of pre-season and, on his competitive debut, tore his hamstring, keeping him out for five months. Hes not settled in well, as you can imagine.

In the first team, I've got Ross Perry, Andy Little (Who I want to loan for first team experience), Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde and John Fleck who are all products of Murray Park, so thats good for the european registration stuff. I also had Kyle Hutton, but he's away to Dundee on loan until Christmas.

I'm in October and we're sitting third, having won three and drawn four in the SPL.

In the Champions League, we've been fucking causing it. Three games, three wins. We won two-one at Stamford Bridge, won one-nil late on at Ibrox against Javor before leathering Twente six-one at home, as well.

We were lucky in the League Cup, but. I sent a young side up to Elgin and they scrapped through, two-one in extra time.

After using the new database, I thought going West Ham would be a fun game to start up, and try completely re-building the team. I've turned off the option to make signings in the first window, but already know who I'm targeting and who I want rid of. Players like Parker, Nolan and Gary O'Neil are all on £50,000+, so will be looking to move two of them on at least. Faubert as well is on £35,000, and have a number of targets to replace him anyway. Brought in a German scout, so I've got him scouring Germany for some hidden talents. Looking to bring in a few that MuirendBear recommended; Mateo Kovacic I'd scouted before in another game, so will definitely look to sign him at some point. Likewise with Bulot, although he's just signed a new contract. I've been told that winning the league is the least they expect, so I have quite a job on my hands.

Fancied an International game so started with the troubled France , notice the word troubled ...

most of the first team missing for between 3-6 games due to the WC fiasco left me scambling to find players for the Euro qualifiers , managed to scrape 2nd spot in a group consisting of :

Belarus

Bosnia

Romania

Albania

Luxembourg

Belarus won the group after holding me home and away to 0-0 draws , the group also saw me drawing games with Bosnia (away) and Romania (away) while winning the remaining 6 games to finish with 22 points , got Serbia in the play-offs and got through 4-0 on agg.

Just got a couple of friendlies before i embark on my first major championship and in my group i have drawn :

Germany

Turkey

Portugal

Team will have to improve dramatically to qualify tbh Benzema is carrying the team tbh and he doesn't even get first team football at RM and Gamiero is just not cutting it at International level .

Drew 1-1 with the Swiss at home, so went away knowing we had to score. Set up attacking and managed to go into half-time 1-0 up, and changed it about to go a bit more defensive. Couldn't hold out though and conceded, and into extra-time we went. My team talk must've worked because we blew them away and ended up winning 3-1. So I qualified for the Euros 4-2 on aggregate :D

Also took the job at struggling Roma, who are 10th in Serie A and it's nearly December.

10zaixd.png

Interesting. :pipe:

Going fairly well thus far with West Ham. Beat Coventry 3-0, Palace 2-0 and Watford 2-0 in the league, although lost to Millwall. :dry:

Beat Cheltenham 3-1 and Brentford 4-1 in the cup, got Doncaster in the next round.

Signed a young French free agent, Firmin, doing well for me. Has decent potential, so if anyone is struggling for players I'd suggest him.

ive dl the new datebase what folder do i put it in now ?????

Go to your Documents, look for the Sports Interactive folder, then choose Football Manager 2011, then 'editor data' and place the file in there.

You must first extract the file with winrar though.

Didn't notice this thread :pipe: Well thought I would start as Arsenal because the SPL totally bores the hell out of me. Came 4th two years running after bad results at the tail end of both seasons :dry: but got to the final of the Champions League in the second season but was beaten by Barca in pens after them equalising in the last minute of normal time :anguish: . In my third season, put out of Champions League at the 1/4 final stage by Udinese and after being first most of the season, ended up finishing third, only because I beat Man City last game of the season or it would have been fourth again! Anyone know what I can do to stop my team falling away at the end of the season? But anyway, at the end of the season, Sir Alex has retired and Man Utd offered me the job, and I happily accepted :D, reunited with Fabregas who I had sold for 50M two seasons previous. Not started that yet but will post updates! At work just now but when I get home I'll post up some transfers and staff I had at Arsenal (tu) .

Didn't notice this thread :pipe: Well thought I would start as Arsenal because the SPL totally bores the hell out of me. Came 4th two years running after bad results at the tail end of both seasons :dry: but got to the final of the Champions League in the second season but was beaten by Barca in pens after them equalising in the last minute of normal time :anguish: . In my third season, put out of Champions League at the 1/4 final stage by Udinese and after being first most of the season, ended up finishing third, only because I beat Man City last game of the season or it would have been fourth again! Anyone know what I can do to stop my team falling away at the end of the season? But anyway, at the end of the season, Sir Alex has retired and Man Utd offered me the job, and I happily accepted :D, reunited with Fabregas who I had sold for 50M two seasons previous. Not started that yet but will post updates! At work just now but when I get home I'll post up some transfers and staff I had at Arsenal (tu) .

Not being a shite manager often helps with results :sherlock:

I might start a Gunners one, just to prove how a good manager handles them :D

Not being a shite manager often helps with results :sherlock:

I might start a Gunners one, just to prove how a good manager handles them :D

Bumders these days :rolleyes:

Spending a lot of time playing FM now rather than the xbox, miss playing clubs on Fifa though TBH :(

Bumders these days :rolleyes:

Spending a lot of time playing FM now rather than the xbox, miss playing clubs on Fifa though TBH :(

Aye I'm barely on either, somtimes have a bash at FIFA but only for a few games then I'm bored as fuck :lol:

Aye I'm barely on either, somtimes have a bash at FIFA but only for a few games then I'm bored as fuck :lol:

:lol: aye same, end up playing people ranked with 10K points and when I'm beating them with the might Gers they quit! Will be getting 2012 mind you, looks good :pipe:

:lol: aye same, end up playing people ranked with 10K points and when I'm beating them with the might Gers they quit! Will be getting 2012 mind you, looks good :pipe:

Aye defos, I'll hammer you at that aswell though :D