Boxing and MMA

Yata-Yata-Yata...Blah-Blah-Blah... You must have been watching a different fight, my man.

So you think you were watching WWF?

I think you should probably go and watch UFC if you desire to see ill-disciplined brawling.

Wladimir Klitschko is a boxer for the purists. Too many people would like to see the heavyweight division return to fatties, thuggery and swinging blindly at each other for three minutes a round.

What are you talking about, are you high or something.

How does a boxing match between a bum who can't even show basic footwork or the ability to dodge a punch, and a giant who just grabs,holds and clinches a guy who he could easily knock out in a second if he wanted to. Why do you assume that if someone doesn't like a completely retarded and one sided fight, they somehow want to see fat cunts slugging at each other.

Normally I've been a big fan of both K brothers but for the past year or so some of these fights have just been downright embarrassing.

Solid stuff from Mares.

He looks the real deal eh

Looking forward to this big fight now. The more I'm listening to these "experts" the more I'm thinking Guerrero has a chance here. PBF does look old the more I look at him.

Floyd on points

What are you talking about, are you high or something.

How does a boxing match between a bum who can't even show basic footwork or the ability to dodge a punch, and a giant who just grabs,holds and clinches a guy who he could easily knock out in a second if he wanted to. Why do you assume that if someone doesn't like a completely retarded and one sided fight, they somehow want to see fat cunts slugging at each other.

Normally I've been a big fan of both K brothers but for the past year or so some of these fights have just been downright embarrassing.

No, I'm not high.

But I am glad you are normally a big fan of the Brothers Klitschko.

I think Wladimir Klitschko is very underrated in P4P terms, as well as ATG terms. Rarely has a fighter been so completely unbeatable over such a long time as what Wlad has been since he moved under Steward, whom did a terrific job with him. Granted he is literally head and shoulders above everything except his brother in the heavyweight division, but he's a winning machine just now, and a very under appreciated fighter, probably due to his cautious, unexciting, methodical approach.

This version, post Manny Steward, of Klitschko with his sheer size, combined with good footwork and good skills make him incredibly difficult to beat. He certainly wouldn't beat all of the top 20 heavyweights of all time, but he doesn't lose to them all either, and neither does Vitali. Both give problems to all the greats.

Wlads problem is no serious contender wants to fights him anymore, as they've either already lost or are not interested. Povetikin is the only real challenger who can't hide behind the 'not ready', or already been beaten excuse, and he seems not interested at all to fight either brother. I get the impression the up and coming how's are waiting a couple of years for Wlad to get old.

Watching the Mayweather fight, Mayweather did exactly what you'd expect Mayweather to do. At 36 there is going to be some decline, but unless that decline is rapid, it's difficult to see who might beat him in the next couple of years. His style is one that ages gracefully, and he is an absolute master of his craft. If he'd be willing to take a few losses he could probably box on for another 10yrs. Although some young pups will eventually beat him due to youth, like Hopkins, he'll always be hard to beat.

Apparently there is a £23m purse bid for Povetkin-Wlad, but that would mean the fight wouldn't be on Wladimir's terms so it will be interesting to see if his team accepts it. They should, as Povetkin isn't all that great.

As for Mayweather, my gut feeling is that he wants to remain at 147 rather than go up to 154 again. And if that is the case then it's hard to see any guys at 147 or 140 beating him.

His legs are slower, but he's still incredibly hard to hit clean due to his lateral movement and his fundamentals of defence are sound as well, unlike Roy Jones who's defence was based pretty much solely on his reflexes and athleticism.

The Klitschko's are very underrated in my opinion. For two brothers to be such a dominating force in boxing for so many years is incredible. They are also very intelligent and have led very interesting lives. For anyone who hasn't seen it i recommend their film. Quality watch for boxing fans.

I think Klitschko v Povetkin goes pretty much the same way as Klitschko v Chagaev. I cannot see Povetkin winning.

Be interesting to see if the fight as made, as I'm pretty certain Povetkin doesn't want to entertain it unless the offer is too good to refuse.

As shit a fight as it was, haye is the only person I've seen fight Wlad and not look like hes about to killed.

People complain about that fight caus Haye never went for it, but both fighters were fighting very conservatively, and Haye was never going to outscore Wlad, not with his legendary jab.

IMO Haye is still the only person I believe has a hope in hell of beating either K bro, but I don't see any of them making that fight. It's just not worth the risk anymore, especially for Vitali.

As shit a fight as it was, haye is the only person I've seen fight Wlad and not look like hes about to killed.

People complain about that fight caus Haye never went for it, but both fighters were fighting very conservatively, and Haye was never going to outscore Wlad, not with his legendary jab.

IMO Haye is still the only person I believe has a hope in hell of beating either K bro, but I don't see any of them making that fight. It's just not worth the risk anymore, especially for Vitali.

I've no interest in seeing Haye fight Wladimir again. And my interest in seeing him fight Vitali isn't great either.

Floyd went back to his old style of pot shotting and tying up. Cotto apparently convinced him that staying in the pocket wasn't such a good idea after all.

He was relatively entertaining for a few fights there, on the other hand he could probably fight till he's 45 in this style.

Pac to fight Rios November 24.

Pac to fight Rios November 24.

Arum wants to be big in China. 3 minutes of headliner action might not be such a good thing though, i wonder if Arum will ask Pacquiao to go easy on this bum for a couple of rounds at least.

Arum wants to be big in China. 3 minutes of headliner action might not be such a good thing though, i wonder if Arum will ask Pacquiao to go easy on this bum for a couple of rounds at least.

Rios is not a bum.

Rios is not a bum.

He absolutely is, he is a skill-less come forward plodder with decent power and a good chin. He was outboxed by Abril then Alvarado who is pretty crude hismelf, but in the rematch he actually tried to box a little and made Rios look like an amatuer. The guy never made weight for 2 world title fights in a row which also says alot about his professionalism. He is leagues behind Pacquiao, i'm not even convinced he beats alot 2nd tier-140 pounders never mind Pacman.

I

I don't see it quite as straight forward as that. It will be target practice for sure but Rios is pretty tough with zero quit and plenty power of his own.

It'll be fun and Pac will probably end up with a ko but there are a few questions IMO.

He absolutely is, he is a skill-less come forward plodder with decent power and a good chin. He was outboxed by Abril then Alvarado who is pretty crude hismelf, but in the rematch he actually tried to box a little and made Rios look like an amatuer. The guy never made weight for 2 world title fights in a row which also says alot about his professionalism. He is leagues behind Pacquiao, i'm not even convinced he beats alot 2nd tier-140 pounders never mind Pacman.

Have you seen him fight on the inside? What did you think of Margarito? Was Hatton also a bum?