Boxing and MMA

Just now, Supersonic said:

"Huh... what about from this angle Reem, see a tap here? No? What about here Reem? No tap?"

Shame about wee Jojo :(

If I ever see her at thegriphouse I'll be so happy. Tough match up tonight, thought she could have won it if the fight went on into the 2nd and 3rd round but Andrade was excellent. She's so powerful.

3 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

If I ever see her at thegriphouse I'll be so happy. Tough match up tonight, thought she could have won it if the fight went on into the 2nd and 3rd round but Andrade was excellent. She's so powerful.

I can't think of a female Brazilian fighter who doesn't look like they're on roids (I know it's beyond widespread across the men, but most the women actually look normal if you know what I mean)

Poor Overeem. KO'd by Stipe, then KO'd again by Joe

balls being kicked, eye pokes, dislocated fingers, a coach getting his ribs kicked in, and crying over a non existent tap, out of all that, the only thing that i could think about was the fact that most refs tonight were midgets

10 hours ago, 7troop said:

The whole fight was a set up to an extent. Hearn is a money grabbing, shit talking knob head who constantly exploits boxing fans.

The reason it looked like Brook gave GGG a decent fight was because he deliberately emptied his tank in the first 5 rounds. Brook was able to make it look competitive for a few rounds simply because he used up 10 or 12 rounds of energy in 5 rounds which he knew he could never sustain. He knew that marketing wise he was in a win win position regardless of win or lose due to the way Hearn and his media pawns would spin it.

GGG just done his job and fought at a legitimate pace which he would've sustained for 12 rounds if necessary and it was more than enough.

Any top professional can go out and throw lots of big power shots with a high output and look good for several rounds from fresh if they don't intend going 12 rounds. Brooks game plan was to go out and try and knock GGG out and if it doesn't work and he starts to ship punishment then they will pull him out. 100%.

Hearn and Brooks camp had this set up from the start and the poor fans who paid good money on tickets and pay per view were short changed once again. Hearns claims about Brook being ahead on the official score cards also is either total fabrication or total farcical. He's a money grabbing leech.

Not being funny, but thats just a fight plan? If he wants to do that so what. It was a fantastic fight for the 5 rounds it lasted and they could hardly envisage that Brook would have fucked his eye socket or I imagine it would have went on for longer. 

I enjoyed last night and glad Brook took the fight. 

11 minutes ago, Gillete said:

The WBC president told Hearn that brook was ahead on the scorecard so it was true.

the scoring was a complete joke then. I had brook winning the 2nd and GGG the other 3 rounds 

fuck knows how brook won 3 out the 4 rounds 

Same here. 2nd round was a Brook round, 1st and 4th clear GGG, 3rd GGG but not so clear.

I could maybe see 2-2 but I though Golovkin won the others convincingly.

For the record lads Straight Edge Loyal is the resident nonsense talker in the Wrestling Thread.

How on earth was that a must win fight for punk, yes it's a sore one to take (literally) but he's walking out one fight a millionaire and is notorious for being great with his money, he's sorted for life, married to a ten, writes comics for marvel and probably has a job if he wants it in being a pundit or commentator.

But he should definitely fight again, I'm really surprised they gave him Gall, he's great on the ground and I'm impressed with him, I like his confidence. They should give punk an opponent who is poor on the ground and basically someone who's not young and fresh, he will sell PPV'S again and if you think it was loud last night for Miocic in Cleveland then wait until punk fights in Chicago (hopefully).

I doubt he will ever put his body through wrestling weekly again and SEL saying about him wrestling in TNA maybe is borderline retarted, everyone can go back to WWE and he would make millions if he wanted to work say the way Brock does.

All is good and for the record I'm a massive cm punk fan.

1 hour ago, Scott1872 said:

For the record lads Straight Edge Loyal is the resident nonsense talker in the Wrestling Thread.

How on earth was that a must win fight for punk, yes it's a sore one to take (literally) but he's walking out one fight a millionaire and is notorious for being great with his money, he's sorted for life, married to a ten, writes comics for marvel and probably has a job if he wants it in being a pundit or commentator.

But he should definitely fight again, I'm really surprised they gave him Gall, he's great on the ground and I'm impressed with him, I like his confidence. They should give punk an opponent who is poor on the ground and basically someone who's not young and fresh, he will sell PPV'S again and if you think it was loud last night for Miocic in Cleveland then wait until punk fights in Chicago (hopefully).

I doubt he will ever put his body through wrestling weekly again and SEL saying about him wrestling in TNA maybe is borderline retarted, everyone can go back to WWE and he would make millions if he wanted to work say the way Brock does.

All is good and for the record I'm a massive cm punk fan.

He shouldn't been licensed to fight the ufc regardless of the opponent.

hes a very likeable man who has been nothing but respectfull to the sport and I wish him every success in his future.

gall for me wasn't impressive at All and did exactly what most thought he would do.hes now had 2 ufc fights 1 against an mma journalist and 1against a 0-0 fighter who hadn't even fought amateur.

hopefully cm punk gets a handful of fights in before he decides to give it up but at a level he's comfortable with.

no reason he couldn't headline local shows screened on fightpass

34 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He shouldn't been licensed to fight the ufc regardless of the opponent.

hes a very likeable man who has been nothing but respectfull to the sport and I wish him every success in his future.

gall for me wasn't impressive at All and did exactly what most thought he would do.hes now had 2 ufc fights 1 against an mma journalist and 1against a 0-0 fighter who hadn't even fought amateur.

hopefully cm punk gets a handful of fights in before he decides to give it up but at a level he's comfortable with.

no reason he couldn't headline local shows screened on fightpass

Aye UFC is for killers man lol

I like Gall mate, he made the most of last night, he's 3-0 against poor opponents yeah but there's potential imo

They should put punk in against some cabbage just for the win then have him co headline the next ppv in Chicago.

Gall called out Northcutt and apparently they want the fight too so it's happening!

Werdum said in the post fight press conferences/interviews he has a pain injection for a fractured foot (from a couple weeks ago) 2 hours before the fight... then he does this :lol:

MyH0oNlh.jpg

On a shitty note, that eye poke on Rivera by Faber has given him a crack behind the retina. There's a possibility he wont regain 100% vision in that eye