Weiss snr wants Vlad in a 'stong european league''

Boab

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only3 players I can remember leaving the SPL to better themselves, Gatusso, Larsson and Van Bronkhorst. Is he as good as these? I would have to say no.

They're the only three players? What planet are you living on?

Hes not good enough to play in a stronger league ......one of the reasons he hardly ever got a game for us

He started 17 league games, plus 6 off the bench. That's a fair amount of games, considering he's been injured since March. And in those games he's got 9 assists - the SPL leader - and 5 goals. That's pretty good returns as well. I think he could easily do well in Spain or England. Probably more likely Spain though.

ogbg

How many 90 minutes did he play in this easy SPL again ?

What's that got to do with anything? If he delivers the goods, it doesn't matter whether he plays 90 minutes, 60 minutes, or 30 minutes. Are you not satisfied with 9 assists and 5 goals from 17 starts? Who said the SPL was easy anyway?

Considering our manager thinks Gregg Wylde is better than El-Hadji Diouf, i wouldn't read too much into Weiss' lack of starts

An overly cautious manager who hasn't accomodated a flair player properly since Laudrup 17 years ago. Weiss would stroll into at least 10 EPL sides.

Gordon - went from first choice keeper for his country to what? Fletcher - just about to get relegated AGAIN, Berra - getting relegated. Adam - possible relegation. Thanks for correcting me on that one.

They are all considered better than they were though...

They are all considered better than they were though...

excellent, considered better than they were. Wrong! Gordon was considered world class, now he's considered a flop. Berra hasnt went up in reputation. Adam is the only one of those that has really been made to look better but I don't think he's any better than he was at Rangers.. Point is, not many players go on to better themselves. The ones that did were the ones I mentioned before. Weiss isnt in the same class as they players.

He's clearly a much better player now than he was at Ibrox

Not saying he isn't, you could tell when he was with us that he was going to be a top drawer player, but the question was, who has went on to better themselves? until he gets a move to a top team and starts winning trophies then I say he hasnt bettered himself. When he retires, all his medals he shows to his grandchildren will have 'Scottish premier/cup' written on them. That's marks of success. Not mid-table mediocrity with Everton or Real Socidad or whoever it was he went to after us

Gordon - went from first choice keeper for his country to what? Fletcher - just about to get relegated AGAIN, Berra - getting relegated. Adam - possible relegation. Thanks for correcting me on that one.

:angsum:

Sounds to me like your rating the teams, not the players. Aside from Gordon of course who, through no fault of his own (McGregor is a god) is now Scotlands number 2.

:angsum:

Sounds to me like your rating the teams, not the players. Aside from Gordon of course who, through no fault of his own (McGregor is a god) is now Scotlands number 2.

Ok then. How many are first choice players for their country? If they were that good then they would be first choice for a shite Scotland team. Oh wait.... they're not

excellent, considered better than they were. Wrong! Gordon was considered world class, now he's considered a flop. Berra hasnt went up in reputation. Adam is the only one of those that has really been made to look better but I don't think he's any better than he was at Rangers.. Point is, not many players go on to better themselves. The ones that did were the ones I mentioned before. Weiss isnt in the same class as they players.

Gordon is still highly rated - he's just been injured most of the season. I haven't seen much of Berra but he's obviously not doing very well if he's part of that Wolves defense so can't argue with that one.

Your definition of bettering themselves is quite strict. So they have to win the league or win the CL trophy?

Another one who has done well - Petrov.

Gordon is still highly rated - he's just been injured most of the season. I haven't seen much of Berra but he's obviously not doing very well if he's part of that Wolves defense so can't argue with that one.

Your definition of bettering themselves is quite strict. So they have to win the league or win the CL trophy?

Barry Ferguson? I'm pretty sure he was a major player for Birmingham to beat Arsenal in the Cup.

I was going to try and convince Redwhiteandblue that there are more than three players who have left the SPL to better themselves but judging by some of the stuff he is coming out with I would probably be wasting my time!

Ok then. How many are first choice players for their country? If they were that good then they would be first choice for a shite Scotland team. Oh wait.... they're not

Well, to be honest I don't really rate Berra but I would say playing in the Premiership week in week out will have certainly improved him.

Fletcher's been kept out of the side by Kenny Miller, but he would certainly be in the squad if he didn't decline selection. He's going to be an important player over the next few years hopefully.

And Charlie Adam, well I think he's a regular now and will continue to be for the next 5+ years probably.

What about McGeady? He looks pretty sharp for Spartak now, much better than when he was at Celtic. Like someone else said Mikel Arteta has improved greatly since leaving the SPL.

Robert Snodgrass has improved out of sight.

James McCarthy certainly looks like an improved player. As does McCarthur.

Danny Wilson will probably improve at Liverpool (be honest, its likely).

I'm not saying some of these players haven't done well. The point is, when players say they want to leave Rangers, ALL fans say "they will end up at some pish mid-table English team" so in that case, I dont want to hear another person ever say that, because theyre "obviously" bettering themselves. We all know the majority of players that leave us end up regretting it. Cash aside, the players I first mentioned are the only ones that have truly bettered themselves.