Concerns about Ally

theblueoysterbar

My main concern about Ally is about the way he approaches the job and I think if you compare him to Walter, this is where his shortfalls appear obvious.

Both Rangers legends, both "decent guys" to paraphrase the media.

What I think Ally lacks is the authority that Walter had in spades.

Are any players scared of getting a bollocking off him for a poor performance? Or is it a case of, "Ach, it's Ally... he'll be laughing and joking about this later"?

Couldn't disagree more.

I dare say he will still like a joke and a laugh in the dressing room but when it comes to

the real stuff I can't see him being slow in telling the players, he sent big Lafferty up

the road for a start so I don't see him letting the players away with shit.

I for one wouldn't have liked to be in the dressing room after QoS yeah we see the

cheeky chap smiling and having a laugh but I bet on the other side he can kick nuts.

Just wonder if he has the profile, the standing and the guts to deliver a swift and deserved boot in the baws.

I suppose a problem he might have is switching from nice guy trying to keep players at the club, to being the baw kicker.

Ally quite clearly likes a joke and a laugh but I sometimes think this is over exaggerated, since he retired as a player I mean.

Anyone can see from looking at him through this mental period in our history, he loves this club and he bleeds blue. You can also see a steely determination to succeed. He is certainly serious about being manager of The Rangers and I think sometimes his drive and determination are overlooked.

Characters don't come much bigger than Gazza at his peak and I remember Ally putting him in his place in an argument during a match. Ally always had that as a player and it was not unusual for him to be at the centre of confrontations.

this idea of him being some silly chappy is nonsense

Remember it was not Walter who was going to slap the lemon :pipe:

I recall reading an article written, I think, by Richard Gough, in which he said that Ally most certainly has a dark side which we, the fans, don't get to see. Apparantly he can go toe to toe with the best of them, so I don't believe we have anything to worry about on this front.

Given the time restraint that he had for signing players and not being able to bring in who he really wanted, Ally has a job on his hands but he is nobodys fool. I think you will find that any player who continues to put no effort in will get Ally's boot up their arse and shown the door as soon he can without depleting his squad further. Ally may look soft on the outside but he is as hard as nails inside,like a smiling assassin. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY.

I think everyone has had their doubts and rightly so but you have to remember how much his hands have been tied by off field problems, although he was a number 2 for a long time Ally is still learning as a manager. I think peoples expectations were that we would win every game and stroll through the leagues, it won't be that easy. Every time we play a team its like a cup final for them. Ally will get us back to where we belong.