CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

I'm only teasing buddy - don't take it personal - take it as a lesson as to why you shouldn't post your pictures on the internet! Before facebook if someone put their picture on the internet it got passed about the online-troops like a woren wank-mag,....often photo-shopped and reposted,...hence Gogzy! I am Fastrax's pal but I am just winding ye up - no venom, no seriousness, no hatred - just bollocks for a laugh!

I can't say I care about people discussing my picture on the Internet, there's just no need to analyse it in this thread.

This clarifies your original post. It is you who have the problem, not Green. You may have been offended in the past but other people's ignorance is no reason to blame Green. "My Paki friend" is hardly a racist comment from Green to Ahmad, is it? Paki is simply an abbreviated version of Pakistani, you cannot deny that fact. If some people choose to use it in a derogatory fashion then that is a different matter. As a British Scot, I've often been referred to as English in numerous foreign locations. I don't throw "toys out the pram" with cries of racism because my sensibilities have been so offended. I know that the "foreigners" mean no offence. I joke with them and usually explain the (slight) difference. You need to lighten up over this as you are finding a problem where none exists, in the case of Charles Green. I don't know what you call the local Chinese carry out shop but for 40 years I have always called it the "Chinkie". My daughter has told me that it is (now) considered a racist term but I have never used it in a derogatory way, it was never considered insulting for years and, to be honest, I am too set in my ways to change now. It was just a slightly shorter terminology for "Chinese".

I now await a public stoning following a visit from the "thought police".

You're too set in your ways to use the word 'Chinese' instead of 'Chinkie'?

You must be remarkably lazy ;)

I take your point, perhaps a generational thing. Don't think it's too much to ask people simply not to use terms that, while you might not find them offensive, could potentially cause offence to someone else, no?

I can take it - I'm just saying if use of a word that in anyway offends you should be banned then those two should be - they are no different to 'paki'.

You are entirely correct in that,so that's why Scotland/UK is fucked when a shortened word that describes from where a person originated from,such as Pakistani= Paki (none derogatory) then why the fuck should it be banned?

Let's face it, he's more of a Paki than he is a Swede. :pipe:

I can't say I care about people discussing my picture on the Internet, there's just no need to analyse it in this thread.

Nobodys analysing it mate, just laughing at your "I wonder what its like outside" kind of appearance.

Nobodys analysing it mate, just laughing at your "I wonder what its like outside" kind of appearance.

Whatever it is, can we at least leave it now? Honestly don't care what you have to say about it, but it's hijacked this thread.

I know what ye mean pastey but you and Fastrax were gieing each other banter so it came up. I widnae huv done it but then I'm no Fastrax. Still though as it's up and you know am having a laugh which one of these is your da?...

28660.jpg

My dad has as much hair as Fastrax. ;)

Now goodnight!

This clarifies your original post. It is you who have the problem, not Green. You may have been offended in the past but other people's ignorance is no reason to blame Green. "My Paki friend" is hardly a racist comment from Green to Ahmad, is it? Paki is simply an abbreviated version of Pakistani, you cannot deny that fact. If some people choose to use it in a derogatory fashion then that is a different matter. As a British Scot, I've often been referred to as English in numerous foreign locations. I don't throw "toys out the pram" with cries of racism because my sensibilities have been so offended. I know that the "foreigners" mean no offence. I joke with them and usually explain the (slight) difference. You need to lighten up over this as you are finding a problem where none exists, in the case of Charles Green. I don't know what you call the local Chinese carry out shop but for 40 years I have always called it the "Chinkie". My daughter has told me that it is (now) considered a racist term but I have never used it in a derogatory way, it was never considered insulting for years and, to be honest, I am too set in my ways to change now. It was just a slightly shorter terminology for "Chinese".

I now await a public stoning following a visit from the "thought police".

Well said, mate.

If you come to Australia they will call you a "POMMY BASTARD" because these Kangaroo hopping convicts love "stirring the Possum"

When I came here in 1966 I've had more fucking blues than a bull can shit because I rose to the bait,but once I got the hang of it, then I went with the flow.

Made me a lot of friends and a lot less black eyes,I can tell you :pipe:

You're too set in your ways to use the word 'Chinese' instead of 'Chinkie'?

You must be remarkably lazy ;)

I take your point, perhaps a generational thing. Don't think it's too much to ask people simply not to use terms that, while you might not find them offensive, could potentially cause offence to someone else, no?

Actually my answer would have to be "NO". Where would this end? There has to be some degree of common sense brought in to the equation. If no offence is intended then there should be no offence. It is really that simple. We are all well aware of when something is said in an offensive manner or not. That HAS to be the difference.

Actually my answer would have to be "NO". Where would this end? There has to be some degree of common sense brought in to the equation. If no offence is intended then there should be no offence. It is really that simple. We are all wellaware of when something is said in an offensive manner or not. That HAS to be the difference.

Of course. And im fully aware that Greeb hasn't cone out with anything remotely nasty. There are just some common courtesies though.

Alas, my point from before simply was that regardless of whether its offensive or not, we don't need this shit. You know he means no offence. I do too. But will the Scottish media report it that way? Of course they won't. Frankly, Green can have absolutely no complaints if the media rip onto him and irritatingly, by association, the club, because he's given them the ammunition.

That's what irks me, not what he actually said but that he was daft enough to say it, surely aware if what will follow.

On that note, must sleep. Tomorrows media should be fuckin brutal