CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Rangers FC will never get another penny of my money until Charles Green comes out and apologises for saying "I’ll say ‘How’s my Paki friend?’". Fucking disgraceful.

Seriously ! !

Surely it's in the context.

I've told people to fuck off and meant it. I've also told my best pals to fuck off and we both laugh about it.

Fuck me. What's the world comin to ?

I think that many of you are missing Green's point which is that both Charles and Imran are friends and business partners and that Charles referring to Imran as "my Paki friend" is in no way derogatory. It is a term of endearment which also recognises Imran's Asian heritage. "Paki" is no worse than Scot, Scotty or Jock, it is simply an abbreviated way of saying "Pakistani".

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

I don't know what I'm more angry at : CG's comment or the ammunition he's given those in the Asian community in Glasgow who consistently spread bile that Rangers are a "racist club"...

I'll leave it at that. You're all entitled to your own opinion.

I think that many of you are missing Green's point which is that both Charles and Imran are friends and business partners and that Charles referring to Imran as "my Paki friend" is in no way derogatory. It is a term of endearment which also recognises Imran's Asian heritage. "Paki" is no worse than Scot, Scotty or Jock, it is simply an abbreviated way of saying "Pakistani".

Paki could only be considered offensive if you are Indian and being referred to as a paki, OR, 'bastard' immediately follows the use of the word paki to sensitive friends or a complete stranger.

And of course, the entirely sensible Scottish media will point this out in their reporting of it...

I don't find it overly offensive (though I can appreciate that some will and I cannot really knock them for that) but surely the point here is simply, why the fuck would you give folk more ammunition against us? It's just plain daft, regardless of opinions of whether it is offensive or not, surely?

Paki could only be considered offensive if you are Indian and being referred to as a paki, OR, 'bastard' immediately follows the use of the word paki to sensitive friends or a complete stranger.

Im just glad he has no aussie mates.

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

I don't know what I'm more angry at : CG's comment or the ammunition he's given those in the Asian community in Glasgow who consistently spread bile that Rangers are a "racist club"...

I'll leave it at that. You're all entitled to your own opinion.

You definitely not coming back then?

Why don't you ask the OP why he holds his opinion, rather than brand him an idiot.

It's sheer ignorance on your behalf.

No it isn't. The ignorance is the OP's and yours. You choose to look for offence where none was made nor was it intended by Green and you both know that but choose to ignore that fact to toe the politically correctness line. Greens bluntness may not please you but he clearly has no racist hatred of Imran Ahmad. If Imran isn't offended, why are you and the OP?

I normally wouldn't react to people like you, but people like you seriously piss me off.

I'm of an age when we referred to people from Pakistan as Pakis. Just the same as I've been called Scots, Scotch, Scotty, Haggis, Jock, in fact I can't remember what else. It isn't what they called me, it's how they called me it that would concern me. Americans are Yanks, French are Frogs, Germans are Krauts, etc. Scots are tight-fisted, Americans are loud-mouths, Germans have no sense of humour, Italians are cowards, these are all simply jocular stereotypes. English people are haughty, Irish are thick (so are Belgians), Spanish are lazy, etc.... Nobody in their right mind takes these stereotypes seriously except the political correctness brigade. Normal people simply laugh and move on. When there is no animosity then there should be no offence.

You're entirely correct. There is some fucking shite being spouted on this thread from where I'm looking at it. He was either born in Pakistan or comes from Pakistani stock, so he's a Paki.

I'm going out to a BBQ shortly and i'll be in the company of my long term pals who consist of a wog(greek) an Iti (Italian) an Abo (aborigine) a couple of Pommy cunts (English) a few Haggis fuckers (all given the moniker of;Jock bastards) and of course some colonial convict pricks (White Australians) plus a Polish born bawbag who talks with a Scottish accent, so we call him Heinz 54 because he's a fucking mixture.

Thank fuck I live in Australia.