***UEFA Champions League 2014/15***

G.E.C.

Away from home against the better teams, definitely.

See to be honest mate, it's just against the 'big' teams now. Too much fear of being beat.

Sometimes you just need to accept that you may get beaten by the better team, but they have the best side in the EPL. Don't fear sides like United or Liverpool. Attack and be on the front foot!

See to be honest mate, it's just against the 'big' teams now. Too much fear of being beat.

Sometimes you just need to accept that you may get beaten by the better team, but they have the best side in the EPL. Don't fear sides like United or Liverpool. Attack and be on the front foot!

I could buy it last season as they weren't as strong as they are this season but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd be a bit frustrated with his negativity. It won't cost them the league but it definitely could in Europe.

I could buy it last season as they weren't as strong as they are this season but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd be a bit frustrated with his negativity. It won't cost them the league but it definitely could in Europe.

Very true. I think it's easy to accept when, apart from City, there are no real challengers to the title. But this will effect them and inevitably cost Jose his job when they don't capitalise on having a year head start on a number of teams.

Their strong point at the start of the Season was their defence and it's stability and now that's been shown to be fragile. Footballing emphasis right now is on your use of the ball, more than anything, and Chelsea don't use it enough.

Very true. I think it's easy to accept when, apart from City, there are no real challengers to the title. But this will effect them and inevitably cost Jose his job when they don't capitalise on having a year head start on a number of teams.

Their strong point at the start of the Season was their defence and it's stability and now that's been shown to be fragile. Footballing emphasis right now is on your use of the ball, more than anything, and Chelsea don't use it enough.

The English teams in general are just so far behind Real, Barca, Bayern and Atletico. They always just look so short technically.

No doubt one of them will win the CL now :lol:

The English teams in general are just so far behind Real, Barca, Bayern and Atletico. They always just look so short technically.

No doubt one of them will win the CL now :lol:

They always have done. The only way they've ever beaten them is by outspending them, in later years of course.

I mean City are fairly decent technically but injuries just hamper them, and Arsenal are so defensively naive in Europe they never stand a chance.

I'd back Atletico for the CL to be honest.

They always have done. The only way they've ever beaten them is by outspending them, in later years of course.

I mean City are fairly decent technically but injuries just hamper them, and Arsenal are so defensively naive in Europe they never stand a chance.

I'd back Atletico for the CL to be honest.

City are yeah but they usually get found out against teams like Bayern, this year and Barca as Pellegrini plays two in the middle (one of them usually being Toure who just doesn't defend). Although they did beat Bayern at home this season tbf.

Yeah, they're looking really good aside from their slip-up at the weekend. Griezmann has been superb.

City are yeah but they usually get found out against teams like Bayern, this year and Barca as Pellegrini plays two in the middle (one of them usually being Toure who just doesn't defend). Although they did beat Bayern at home this season tbf.

Yeah, they're looking really good aside from their slip-up at the weekend. Griezmann has been superb.

Even though they've beaten Bayern twice in the last two years! Albeit in dead rubbers for Bayern. Toure has been poor this Season, in my opinion, especially in the CL. He needs to played in the middle of a front three against big teams as like you said he just doesn't bother to defend.

I'm surprised Atletico got Griezmann, but they have got something out of him differently by playing him up front.

Even though they've beaten Bayern twice in the last two years! Albeit in dead rubbers for Bayern. Toure has been poor this Season, in my opinion, especially in the CL. He needs to played in the middle of a front three against big teams as like you said he just doesn't bother to defend.

I'm surprised Atletico got Griezmann, but they have got something out of him differently by playing him up front.

Yeah, agreed about Toure. Kompany's been poor as well but he hardly ever gets criticised for some reason. The amount of times he charges out and leaves a lot of space in behind is ridiculous.

They really spent the Costa and Luis money wisely. Well apart from the 16m euro keeper who can't get in their team :BELM:

Yeah, agreed about Toure. Kompany's been poor as well but he hardly ever gets criticised for some reason. The amount of times he charges out and leaves a lot of space in behind is ridiculous.

They really spent the Costa and Luis money wisely. Well apart from the 16m euro keeper who can't get in their team :BELM:

Kompany is the currently English media darling. Even if they highlight a mistake it is put down to an 'injury' or 'match fitness'. Right now I honestly think Demichelis is their best CB and he's a bit like an EPL type Davie Weir.

Very true :lol:

I'd love to see a Bayern vs Atletico match. Barca are coming onto form but they don't need to fear them or Real at all. But Bayern would be different.

Kompany is the currently English media darling. Even if they highlight a mistake it is put down to an 'injury' or 'match fitness'. Right now I honestly think Demichelis is their best CB and he's a bit like an EPL type Davie Weir.

Very true :lol:

I'd love to see a Bayern vs Atletico match. Barca are coming onto form but they don't need to fear them or Real at all. But Bayern would be different.

Agreed, wouldn't expect to be saying that when Demichelis first signed for them but he's been quite good.

I could see it being similar to the Real vs. Bayern games from last season. Atleti just doing them on the counter attack and from set pieces, although I don't think the score would be so lop-sided. I hope there's some fresh ties, Chelsea-Real or Bayern-Atleti like you said.

Agreed, wouldn't expect to be saying that when Demichelis first signed for them but he's been quite good.

I could see it being similar to the Real vs. Bayern games from last season. Atleti just doing them on the counter attack and from set pieces, although I don't think the score would be so lop-sided. I hope there's some fresh ties, Chelsea-Real or Bayern-Atleti like you said.

Yeah I don't think Bayern would cope with how well Atletico could defend and definitely not cope with how they would counter.

For sure, the re-occuring ties are becoming boring. Some fresh groups would have been nice too!

Kompany is the currently English media darling. Even if they highlight a mistake it is put down to an 'injury' or 'match fitness'.

Usually it's put down to his blameless defensive partner.

Kompany is a good athlete and a woeful, utterly brainless defender.