*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Not for me. He could hardly help who the players were seeing as though they were what he inherited.

I agree i still think he did a fantastic job to get us to a final but he's guilty by association now. This appointment has to be inspiring and McCall does not get me excited to see his Rangers take on Raith Rovers next year. I'd worry that someone like Nick Law for example would continue to get a game when his performances don't warrant it.

Not for me. He could hardly help who the players were seeing as though they were what he inherited.

If he had achieved promotion he would rightly got the credit. You can't have it both ways. Promotion - "Well done Stuart". Fail - "Well done Stuart, not your fault anyway."

If he had achieved promotion he would rightly got the credit. You can't have it both ways. Promotion - "Well done Stuart". Fail - "Well done Stuart, not your fault anyway."

So by that criteria he should have told Rangers to fuck off when they invited him to take over as caretaker.

I don't buy that reasoning.

I agree i still think he did a fantastic job to get us to a final but he's guilty by association now. This appointment has to be inspiring and McCall does not get me excited to see his Rangers take on Raith Rovers next year. I'd worry that someone like Nick Law for example would continue to get a game when his performances don't warrant it.

So if Warburton and Cathro had have been caretaker managers and we didn't go up, then we'd not want them either?

So if Warburton and Cathro had have been caretaker managers and we didn't go up, then we'd not want them either?

Pretty much. There would be at least the same clamour to replace them.

McCall was brought in on a short term basis. It's not the same as saying this is our manager now if he gets us up fair enough but he'll be given time to rebuild regardless.

So by that criteria he should have told Rangers to fuck off when they invited him to take over as caretaker.I don't buy that reasoning.

What, why? He obviously thought he could do it.

If he had achieved promotion he would have been a shoe in for the job and that would have been popular. He failed so at best he should be bottom of the list.

No they weren't but if people think they are such great candidates why would such a short term spell in charge have mattered?

Its that kind of short termism that is disasterous for clubs.

We are the masters at short-termism.

What, why? He obviously thought he could do it.

If he had achieved promotion he would have been a shoe in for the job and that would have been popular. He failed so at best he should be bottom of the list.

That is nonsense. Why should he be a shoe in just for getting us through the play offs (which in the scheme of things is no big deal)? Why should he be bottom of the list simply because we lost to a team a division above us?

That is nonsense. Why should he be a shoe in just for getting us through the play offs (which in the scheme of things is no big deal)? Why should he be bottom of the list simply because we lost to a team a division above us?

You don't think promotion is a big deal?

You don't think promotion is a big deal?

Of course i do, it meant everything to me at the time. What I'm trying to convey is that in terms of finding the best man for the job long term I don't think the only criteria for judging one man is winning 2 games against a team a division above us with someone else's team. Presumably, by looking at other managers the powers that be have other targets in mind than mere promotion via the play offs and I think personally it is a shame that we dismiss from our thoughts a man who was brave enough to take the job on when we were at our lowest ebb and who may still be the best candidate available.

Of course i do, it meant everything to me at the time. What I'm trying to convey is that in terms of finding the best man for the job long term I don't think the only criteria for judging one man is winning 2 games against a team a division above us with someone else's team. Presumably, by looking at other managers the powers that be have other targets in mind than mere promotion via the play offs and I think personally it is a shame that we dismiss from our thoughts a man who was brave enough to take the job on when we were at our lowest ebb and who may still be the best candidate available.

I'm not dismissing him on the basis of two games, i don't think he's good enough to be Rangers manager. I apprecite him stepping up but thats gone now and it's time to look for a long term appointment.

I still don't know what is wrong with Stuart McCall. He is easily the best candidate in my opinion.

Would be some anti climax to end up with him, he has absolutely nothing going for him.

Let's just employ them all.. Pereira, Cathro, and Warburton.. Co-Managers. Mendes, Weir, Rae, and McCall as assistants with Magath, Smith, McLeish and Wotte as directors of football and development Mulholland, Durie and Durrant as coaches.

Let's just employ them all.. Pereira, Cathro, and Warburton.. Co-Managers. Mendes, Weir, Rae, and McCall as assistants with Magath, Smith, McLeish and Wotte as directors of football and development Mulholland, Durie and Durrant as coaches.

Let's kid on King has the money to pay that lot.

Its really hard to judge McCall when he came in the players had chucked the towel in, they were fucking pathetic.

i think bar playing too many games in the Play offs we could have went up under him.

My worry was his substitutions and some of his tactical decisions they were not that good, the changes against Hearts when we were roasting them made me think the job was maybe too big for him.

I think the board will go with someone new in the hope it sells season tickets but will be a hard sell in this division again.

Ask Mrs Warbuton. Allegedly seen this weekend moving into Michael Ball's old home that the club own. Said lady seen last night with a gentleman remarkably look-a-like for Mr Warbuton in Bearsden Area watching CL Final.Could be a coincidence.