*** RM Erskine Fund – Season 2016/17 - Accounts, Members, Donations, Discussion, Action

7 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Aye of course! If I send you 12p it will make £1690 :lol:

Go to the top of the class Billy! :thumbup:

I was going to give you a clap, but even that emoticon has gone. :sadface:  

So you'll have to settle for a ride instead.

:ride:

It's not often that we see 3 of my biggest heroes in the same picture...

15589976_1146019388848280_30363244629051

100 Heroes for 100 Years Medals have been presented to Connal Cochrane and Colin Stewart in recognition of their wonderful support to our veterans over many years. Connal is the Director of Rangers Charity Foundation. Colin is Director of both Rangers Youth Development Co. and Rangers Lotteries. Both men thought they were meeting Colin McPhail from our fundraising department to talk about fundraising, but instead they were surprised with the medals as a thank you for their support. One of the medals will be displayed in the Rangers FC Trophy Room.

-----

It's great to see RCF and RYDC honoured by Erskine.

Now they've finally got a medal just like ours...  :lol:

erskine-medal_zpsuxonr4lo.jpg

And I see that the John Niven Loyal RSC continue to look after our Erskine Veterans in Edinburgh, as is their tradition...  

Erskine Edinburgh Home manager Alison and staff were overwhelmed yesterday when a special Christmas delivery arrived from Edinburgh John Niven Rangers Supporters Club. ? The club members, their families and friends donated 97 shoe boxes, filled with gifts for our veterans to receive on Christmas Day. Portobello People generously contributed by donating 28 of the boxes. Thank you to Edinburgh John Niven Rangers Supporters Club and the people of Portobello for your wonderful gifts which our residents will love and we wish you all a Merry Christmas. ? 

15541619_1144737915643094_20368161671987

:rangers:

Look everybody...

A Twibbon!

587419d5dbe16_Josh2.png.99f36701a7f220e1

A Twibbon is simply a "ribbon" (which is just a small banner) that sits below your profile photo on Twitter, and helps highlight the particular cause.  That's it.  Simple. (it took me two days to get to this level of understanding!)

So if you have a twitter account, please add this Twibbon, and let's see if it does any good.  If nothing else, it looks good!  :thumbup:

http://twibbon.com/support/joshua-burns-adair

Since the next game is a cup game, there's good seat availability, including the front of the Enclosure, which is Erskine's favoured spot (no stairs).

So I've bought another 4 tickets for Erskine Park.  (The other Homes don't need any more tickets for this one.)

Cost: £65

So that's a total of 14 tickets for Erskine (and 4 for Combat Stress)

:thumbup:

Here's what Erskine Bishopton did with our Christmas Cheque...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GB and all at RM,

Can i on behalf of all the Residents at Erskine Home Bishopton, thank you for the fabulous cheque for £200 you gave to us for a Christmas treat.  

It was put to great use.  Oh Yes it was!

panto.jpg

As you can see from the poster, we didn't go to the pantomine  -  the pantomine came to us (oh yes it did!), which meant over 50 residents got to see it in the comfort of the recreation department, instead of having to travel out to a cold draughty theatre. They also enjoyed a few whiskeys and sherries,  mince pies and many many other treats during the show, all paid for by RM.  

So on behalf of all our Residents, Staff, Carers and our many Volunteers, a Million thanks for your fantastic gesture, one of many you have given us over the years past.  All that remains to be said is have a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A GREAT 2017 ..................

FROM ALL AT ERSKINE HOME  BISHOPTON

A wee last minute bonus

We've managed to obtain a wheelchair space for Dinger for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

The poor fellow hasn't been to a game in ages, so I'm delighted we've managed to get a hold of this one for him!

EBI_07_zps9su5r5t9.jpg

Cost: £15

I forgot to mention that I got an email from Erskine earlier in the week...

---------------------------------------------

GB,

just a short note to thank you for the use of [ ] wheelchair space for the motherwell game at Ibrox.  Dinger was absolutely delighted as he hasn't been to ibrox in a while. It actually put a smile on his face! :lol:

also we also had a new resident with us [  ] who had a great day out and he has asked me to thank all at RM for making it all possible. Keep up the great work .................

FROM ALL AT ERSKINE BISHOPTON

THANKS TO ALL AT RM ............

WATP

-------------------------------------------

And they also enclosed a photo of their most recent acquisition, which they are very, very proud of...

Erskine_Queen_Rangers.jpg

Click on it a few times to see it in high definition)

And here's a picture of Dinger almost smiling...

EBI_08_zpsrdjvmmug.jpg

:rangers:

Next up, we're looking for a couple of spare tickets for the next home game, for one of the Erskine Bungalow residents.