130 Years Ago Today.

24TH March 1887.

Rangers required funds to help with the move from Kinning Park to First Ibrox  subsequently  a committee was formed which was chaired by Tom Vallance.

The ‘’Monstre Concerts’’ which were organised proved to be extremely  popular and quickly sold out.

The  outlets shown at the bottom of the advert show that tickets could be purchased from Harry and Peter McNeil’s shop on Union Street , and from George Gillespie and James Watson who both played in that legendary series of games that was the 1877 Scottish Cup Final.

This was the lads who’d formed our Club, and others from our early years, fund-raising to help their dream become a reality.

This was the Rangers in the process of moving to Ibrox and somewhere we could call home.

rje1y0.jpg

The Waterloo Rooms stood on the corner of Waterloo Street and Wellington Street.

2nc47yb.jpg

In 1910 it  became The Alhambra Theatre which was demolished in 1971.

Today it’s the Alhambra House office block.

dn0ark.png

I don't think I could ever be more appreciative of your team of historians, educating us all, as well as future generations, on the rich past of Rangers spanned across three centuries. Every time you post I have giddy excitement like a four year old child. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, The Moonlighter said:

24TH March 1887.

Rangers required funds to help with the move from Kinning Park to First Ibrox  subsequently  a committee was formed which was chaired by Tom Vallance.

The ‘’Monstre Concerts’’ which were organised proved to be extremely  popular and quickly sold out.

The  outlets shown at the bottom of the advert show that tickets could be purchased from Harry and Peter McNeil’s shop on Union Street , and from George Gillespie and James Watson who both played in that legendary series of games that was the 1877 Scottish Cup Final.

This was the lads who’d formed our Club, and others from our early years, fund-raising to help their dream become a reality.

This was the Rangers in the process of moving to Ibrox and somewhere we could call home.

rje1y0.jpg

The Waterloo Rooms stood on the corner of Waterloo Street and Wellington Street.

2nc47yb.jpg

In 1910 it  became The Alhambra Theatre which was demolished in 1971.

Today it’s the Alhambra House office block.

dn0ark.png

I assume Andy Cameron was further down the bill