ManVFat Glasgow

Dietspam

15 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

exactly mate. people can't win. Laughed at for being fat, laughed at for doing something about it :duh:

Gyms are full mainly full of posing wee fannies with noodle haircuts at the moment anyway. Nobody should be intimated by that type, so fair play to the portly ladies and gentlemen who are giving it a bash and trying to change habits.

22 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Gyms are full mainly full of posing wee fannies with noodle haircuts at the moment anyway. Nobody should be intimated by that type, so fair play to the portly ladies and gentlemen who are giving it a bash and trying to change habits.

My yoga class is full of all shapes and sizes, no one gives a toss as you're  too busy trying to do the stretches 

and not fart

18 hours ago, plumbGER said:

That's a great idea.

Getting up and getting active is a daunting task for someone who is heavy and self conscious.

There was a lad in the gym tonight getting a few sniggers as he ran on the treadmill because he was massive, i say fair play to him for getting in there and doing something about it.

wee cunts laughing deserve a good slap, hate bullies

1 hour ago, Cammy. Watp. said:

wee cunts laughing deserve a good slap, hate bullies

Mate i was close to doing something like that, to be fair to the big lad he seemed to not give a fuck what anybody thought.

Seen him in a few times and he is always smiling.

On 2017-4-27 at 5:16 AM, MasterD said:

How long does a season last?

I could do with losing a stone or 2 but maybe not heavy enough to qualify + Sunday mornings would mean giving up Saturday nights :guiness:

14 weeks mate. The new season kicks off in June but we've had 4 guys join up in the last 48 hours and are in teams for this Sunday. The lowest BMI you can be to join the league is 27.5

• 2 weeks later...

Last game of the season today, some really decent football played. Actually surprised at how many players are there that are only slightly overweight maybe carrying an extra stone or 2. Fair amount of bears there aswell, although could always do with a few more.New season is kicking off on the 4th June for registrations, games starting back on the 11th June at 12PM. Don't wait until then though, we are arranging some preseason games between now and then. Jump on the What's App chat to get yourself into preseason matches. The link for the chat is here.

• 2 weeks later...

Activity is important but I've came to the conclusion over the years that when push comes to shove you are what you eat. I've known too many people who are lazy as hell but because they eat well and keep a normal body weight they are in good health 

13 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Activity is important but I've came to the conclusion over the years that when push comes to shove you are what you eat. I've known too many people who are lazy as hell but because they eat well and keep a normal body weight they are in good health 

I agree mate, it's not all about exercise. You can't be tanning takeaways all week and play 6s on a Sunday and expect to lose weight. MVF has given me that motivation though. If i eat poorly and put on weight through the week, it affects the team as much as if i score an own goal on the pitch. So not only do i not want to let myself down, but i don't want to let my team mates down as well. You could (and we have) lose the match on the pitch but actually win the game off it due to players losing weight and hitting their targets. It changes the final score. So you don't have to be a good footballer to help the team win games. Just a good eater :lol:

Sorry if a bit of topic, mate, but , without boasting , I am something of a health fanatic. If you want to lose weight, then eating is far ,far more important than exercise. Do all the exercise you want but if you eat shit then you won't see any difference. Here's an eating plan for you..oats for breakfast with a couple of boiled eggs; for lunch cottage cheese and lean meat, or a salmon sandwich with wholegrain bread. Protein bar as a snack along with a banana, and  for dinner, chicken breasts with boiled veg and sweet potatoes. Also start drinking protein shakes as well. And , sorry to say, cut out the drink for a while. Only drink water...vital for losing weight. No sugary shit at all, so soft drinks are out. If you do this for a month and go to the gym 3 times a week for cardio and weight training then I can guarantee you will see a big big difference. Anyway, apologies for being slightly off topic, just trying to help.  Good luck!

44 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Sorry if a bit of topic, mate, but , without boasting , I am something of a health fanatic. If you want to lose weight, then eating is far ,far more important than exercise. Do all the exercise you want but if you eat shit then you won't see any difference. Here's an eating plan for you..oats for breakfast with a couple of boiled eggs; for lunch cottage cheese and lean meat, or a salmon sandwich with wholegrain bread. Protein bar as a snack along with a banana, and  for dinner, chicken breasts with boiled veg and sweet potatoes. Also start drinking protein shakes as well. And , sorry to say, cut out the drink for a while. Only drink water...vital for losing weight. No sugary shit at all, so soft drinks are out. If you do this for a month and go to the gym 3 times a week for cardio and weight training then I can guarantee you will see a big big difference. Anyway, apologies for being slightly off topic, just trying to help.  Good luck!

Not at all off topic mate. I totally agree, as i said to Thermopylae, you can't get away with eating crap

5 hours ago, Dietspam said:

I agree mate, it's not all about exercise. You can't be tanning takeaways all week and play 6s on a Sunday and expect to lose weight. MVF has given me that motivation though. If i eat poorly and put on weight through the week, it affects the team as much as if i score an own goal on the pitch. So not only do i not want to let myself down, but i don't want to let my team mates down as well. You could (and we have) lose the match on the pitch but actually win the game off it due to players losing weight and hitting their targets. It changes the final score. So you don't have to be a good footballer to help the team win games. Just a good eater :lol:

A big plus as well is you will have a much better middle age if you watch your health while young