The tims and racism..

This is their manager's reaction to when one of his ex-players was given a ban for racism towards another player. 

The Uruguayan remains very much part of the Liverpool "family" and the club's "future".

Luis Suarez: Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers criticises FA over ban

This is their reaction to when one of their on-loan players was charged with racism towards another player

"Celtic Football Club is extremely disappointed by the outcome of the Scottish FA's appeal tribunal. We will be approaching the Scottish FA to seek to address this issue."

Celtic said they will continue to give the player their "full support" and hinted that they will further challenge the decision.

Yes, this is point scoring. But I'm not sitting back whilst they're up on their high horse trying to tarnish our club's name. That's only a few examples I've put in the OP. Feel free to post more, like Walters getting bananas chucked at him etc. Their deluded club and fans will do well to remember their own abhorrent history. 

IMG_2798.JPG

Remember  just after 9/11 where the whole civilised world was in outrage and shock. Cue the next OF game at Ibrox and the tim  making aeroplane gestures to Claudio Reyna.

The truth is the press are scared shitless of doing anything to upset this lot no matter how low they stoop. 

Agreed. All racists are filth. Fullstop. However, it's not point scoring to complain about the fact that certain organisations aim to use it to tar and feather Rangers and some are far less vocal when it involves sellic. That's a fair complaint.

2014. Sellic fan calls Diouf a 'vile little fucking monkey' and Aluko a 'black monkey bastard' and is jailed...

http://www.scotsman.com/news/celtic-fan-jailed-for-racist-tweets-to-rangers-duo-1-3428339

Remember how there were days of furrowed brows and anguish over how it affected the players over that instance of racism?

Me neither.

2 hours ago, centenarystand said:

Remember  just after 9/11 where the whole civilised world was in outrage and shock. Cue the next OF game at Ibrox and the tim  making aeroplane gestures to Claudio Reyna.

The truth is the press are scared shitless of doing anything to upset this lot no matter how low they stoop. 

This. 

And it has to be asked why. They're a fucking football team. Not a political party (although they think they are). It angers me beyond words at how things are. 

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

You've got it in one, though. Celtic are a decidingly political football team in a way few other teams are, deriving from their beginnings and the continued taint of Irish republicanism.. Rangers are defined by winning football and being the best. Celtic are defined by some sort of 'historic struggle' and their own special brand of perpetual identity politics as the 'Irish Catholic team.' And they're particularly aggressive about pushing or spinning a particular image of themselves as a socially conscious, 'progressive' football club, who play 'attractive' football and who have the 'greatest fans in the world.' We know it's bullshit, we've seen their racism, their lashing out at opponents, their campaigns against referees, their constant peddling of propaganda, the inherent ugliness when the mask slips, but they're aggressive about how they push their image, with a media all too ready to push that message too. They are the establishment club of twenty-first century Scotland with it's current political climate and all the rest of it - that's not a criticism, that's fact, fair play to them for having engineered such a feat. And just check out their fans on social media - there certainly seems to be more of them then there are of us sometimes, and it's almost as if they're are of one hive mind, constantly working in the same direction - Admin, Big Tax Case, 'Rangers are deid', 'Refs are against us' 'We're the nicest club in the galaxy be our pals' etc. Hell, the Chinese state-sponsored bloggers could probably learn a thing or two from them.

Can't disagree with any of that mate (not that you were disagreeing with what I said haha). 

It's fucking foul. The fact they still insist there is a conspiracy against them is laughable lunacy. Has to be the worst "conspiracy" I've ever seen in my life. 

What in the fuck happened for us to be so apathetic and weak in a "political" sense? (Political in terms of PR etc). 

they aren't perfect and neither are our fans. The difference is they keep hounding every outlet till they get something done or get people to feel sorry for them. I remember this game well. Wasn't long after the 9/11 and their fans made airplane gestures towards Reyna (usa international). In the video I have posted you clearly see one of them doing it. This is one of the most shocking things I have witnessed the majority of world where in mourning or shocked yet these idiots done this and it was as usual the Celtic way swept under carpet. Some would deem this point scoring i myself deem it as just raising awareness and letting some of the younger fans know how horrible this lot are. 

11 hours ago, Bluenose1986 said:

What in the fuck happened for us to be so apathetic and weak in a "political" sense? (Political in terms of PR etc). 

The "Dignified Silence" happened! It gave us no voice for many years, because we had the  moral high ground, or we thought we did....

17 hours ago, davis1986 said:

they aren't perfect and neither are our fans. The difference is they keep hounding every outlet till they get something done or get people to feel sorry for them. I remember this game well. Wasn't long after the 9/11 and their fans made airplane gestures towards Reyna (usa international). In the video I have posted you clearly see one of them doing it. This is one of the most shocking things I have witnessed the majority of world where in mourning or shocked yet these idiots done this and it was as usual the Celtic way swept under carpet. Some would deem this point scoring i myself deem it as just raising awareness and letting some of the younger fans know how horrible this lot are. 

This

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Bluenose1986 said:

This. 

And it has to be asked why. They're a fucking football team. Not a political party (although they think they are). It angers me beyond words at how things are. 

They are the club that brought religion and politics into the footballing world.