Jock Stein Tainted Title.

If John "Jock" Stein CBE the ex celtic manager is found to have been aware or even implicated alongside Jim Torbett in the alleged sexual assaults that took place at Parkhead on youths in the 60s and 70s  should he be stripped of his tainted CBE title ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Jock_Knew

I think I am correct in saying nobody has ever denied that he knew. 

At some point someone in power will have the balls to take this issue on and he will be stripped of his CBE and they will be forced to rename that Stand. 

When the Hillsborough prosecutions were announced Sheffield Wednesday could not be prosecuted because a different company owned the club and nobody still worked there.  Presumably they would claim the same precedent. 

When I see a picture of him I feel a bit  nauseous.

Tainted title? Least of their problems.

Tainted history? Most certainly.

I actually take no pleasure in their squalid, vile history because of the lives they have ruined and behavior they have covered up or turned a blind eye to. And yet they take the 'sporting integrity' moral high ground. Sickening, sad and unjust to everyone affected.

I said this the other day but if the taigs lose titles then it could be as much as 14 league titles including 11 Scottish cups and 5 league cups and the European cup Jim torbetts disgusting actions started in 1967 and Celtic hid it right up to 1996 and that doesn't include all the other dirty bastards that were at that stinking shitehole of a club

Jock Stein was not the problem it was the directors who were directors of Torbetts company's and making plenty of money from Torbett that was the problem. This was way above Jock Stein at Celtic park as he was only an employee, the past owners were the problem.

To blame Stein is playing right into their hands blame the real culprits. Celtic football club .

Jock Stein's only crime was he did not report it and that would have came from the very top and the Celtic board.  

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Jock Stein was not the problem it was the directors who were directors of Torbetts company's and making plenty of money from Torbett that was the problem. This was way above Jock Stein at Celtic park as he was only an employee, the past owners were the problem.

To blame Stein is playing right into their hands blame the real culprits. Celtic football club .

Jock Stein's only crime was he did not report it and that would have came from the very top and the Celtic board.  

That's quite a fucking big one to be fair.

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Anyone who knows a crime is being committed (especially this kind) is duty bound to report it above and to the Police.

9 hours ago, Carling1873 said:

Anyone who knows a crime is being committed (especially this kind) is duty bound to report it above and to the Police.

I'm thinking out loud but if a person, any person, was to make a very loud claim about any or all of the alleged activity, and named names, would any of the named and alleged perpetrators have the bottle to sue in court? We need a fall guy to do the honours and bring the exposure required.

12 hours ago, Carling1873 said:

I know that , you know that, but his employers called the shots on this one and that's whynthe club must be punished as this came from the very top 

15 hours ago, JamieD said:That's quite a fucking big one to be fair.

Yes it is Jamie, butbhenwas told to,protect the good name of Celtic by the families who owned Celtic to keep,Celtics good name clean. 

He was the only one who challenged Torbett and kicked his arse out the door but once Stein left the board let Torbett back in and Celtic must be hammered for this as we already know of one man who Torbett abused on his return. 

As a club celtic must be held accountable and pay compensation to every victim 

28 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yes it is Jamie, butbhenwas told to,protect the good name of Celtic by the families who owned Celtic to keep,Celtics good name clean. 

He was the only one who challenged Torbett and kicked his arse out the door but once Stein left the board let Torbett back in and Celtic must be hammered for this as we already know of one man who Torbett abused on his return. 

As a club celtic must be held accountable and pay compensation to every victim 

I appreciate that what he did was marginally less heinous than what the directors did, but that's not much of a defence. If my boss ordered me to cover up child abuse I would kick his teeth down his throat. I wouldn't give a fuck about the good name of the company. I'd like to think that's true of most of us.

41 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I know that , you know that, but his employers called the shots on this one and that's whynthe club must be punished as this came from the very top 

You say that like he had no option. The alternative option was to ignore his employers and go to the police, like any decent person would, and sue the club for all it was worth if he suffered financially.

Just now, Copland bear said:

But he did not and the rest is history 

Yes, hence people quite rightly criticising him and finding no grounds to understand why he did what he did and no excuse in the fact he had pressure from above.

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Yes, hence people quite rightly criticising him and finding no grounds to understand why he did what he did and no excuse in the fact he had pressure from above.

It was all about Celtic and never about the victims.  And after all Stein did for them on and off the park they still never made him a director shafted him because he was a Protestant 

And they say we were bigots for not signing Catholics? But funny how they forget how their great club treated Stein in the end yet name a stand after him? 

On 7/12/2017 at 8:38 AM, Ryju84 said:

Boys club was a separate entity:whistle:

This is bullshit to escape liability

If this was a "seperate entity" then why did Celtic involve themselves and their lawyers when Cairney was found out in the New Jersey incident.  These " lawyers" and celtic convinced the families that Frank Cairney would be removed and that no police involvement was needed.

So what or who gave celtic the power to sack people from this "seperate entity" which apparently had nothing to do with craptic?