Worst manager in your lifetime

stewaj3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Ally McCoist and John Greig are on equal footing as the worst ever managers in my life time but also contenders for the greatest ever player

John Greig won a Scottish Cup. McCoist couldnae win Ā the Petrofac / B&Q or whatever despite 3 attempts.

I don't think any of the previous managers would have managed to lose over two legs to the fourth best team in Luxembourg, and I include McCoist, McDowell and Murty.

And any future manager offered the chance of working under this board will jump at it, safe in the knowledge that even losing over two legs to the fourth best team in Luxembourg is deemed acceptable.

Aye I'mĀ still raging about that, I said before the Hibs game that the only way I would forgive him for that was ifĀ he won the League - two games later were among the also-ransĀ already, andĀ the thought of those bastards sailing into the CL group stages tonight is making me feel worse ?.Ā 

McCoist is in a league of his own. Lets not forget his managerial career was in all the Scottish lower divisions where we should have been pumping teams 5-0 every week, no bother.Ā  I'm unsure whether to include the temporary managers like McDowall, McCall and Murty, it's probably being unfair as it's not their players.

Warburton was rotten and for me Pedro hasn't looked any better, the loss to Progres being the shite on the cake.

Looking at win ratios, Warburtons was 65%, Pedro's is 53% albiet he's had less games.