Worst manager in your lifetime

stewaj3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Aye but pedro lost to hibs and drew with hearts? 

Why are you selective with what results you take into account? your in a couple of threads now only taking some bad results into account and ignoring others. It just makes you look like a mentalist. 

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So you just want to ignore Bougherra and Weiss left that summer? Weir's career ended that summer.

Walter also had Miller for half a season the year before where he scored 21 goals in 18 league matches. 

Jelavic sold in Jan. Naismith injury.

McCoist lost key players, let's not rewrite history, Jim.

Splitting hairs here anyway, we both agree McCoist was a failure.

mccoist lost weiss, weir and boughie, he brought in others including goian and bocanegra, yes naismith got injured, jelavic was sold AFTER we were behind in the league and out the scottish cup, so that point is gone

the point im trying to make is that mccoist assembled nothing, he took a magnificently successful team and when the time came for him to show his managerial skills they werent there, when the time came for him to build his own legacy he went down the chequebook route and fucked it big time

pedro may turn out to be a complete disaster, however mccoist couldnt even reach the top league with HIS side to compare results, thats how bad ally was

10 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I agree sadly, for about 70 odd minutes there was no real fight there, largely a possession game which is all well but what was clearly missing was the proper fight to get forward and push for the 3 points, they were playing as if they were already in front. 

I like Peña, I also agree about Herrera, for me Herrera should've been the choice of player to bring on, not Hardie as much as I respect giving the boy a chance it wasn't the right game to do so in my opinion.

Actually Hardie and Herrera may be the perfect foils for each other, one is robust and can hold the ball up, the other is fast with an eye for goal.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I digress,

but see when you look back, you really wonder what the fuck we were doing at that stage. McDowell didnt want anywhere near the job - and made it perfectly plain and yet we put him in charge. Then we fired in wee Murty who had least had the balls to make a fist of it. Murtys reputation didnt take a battering, but McDowells attitude for a professional in the game was an absolute disgrace.

Good post Cushy and good points 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

mccoist lost weiss, weir and boughie, he brought in others including goian and bocanegra, yes naismith got injured, jelavic was sold AFTER we were behind in the league and out the scottish cup, so that point is gone

the point im trying to make is that mccoist assembled nothing, he took a magnificently successful team and when the time came for him to show his managerial skills they werent there, when the time came for him to build his own legacy he went down the chequebook route and fucked it big time

pedro may turn out to be a complete disaster, however mccoist couldnt even reach the top league with HIS side to compare results, thats how bad ally was

?this all day long 

And after another 2 shite managers ..This should never be forgotten 

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Actually Hardie and Herrera may be the perfect foils for each other, one is robust and can hold the ball up, the other is fast with an eye for goal.

I'm quite surprised you would choose Hardie over Morelos, but I don't fault that, I hope Hardie can come on and get us plentiful goals, I respect that Pedro is willing to give him the chance to do so. It just felt in that match that Morelos was at times left on his own.

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I'm quite surprised you would choose Hardie over Morelos, but I don't fault that, I hope Hardie can come on and get us plentiful goals, I respect that Pedro is willing to give him the chance to do so. It just felt in that match that Morelos was at times left on his own.

I like wee Morelos a lot but that said I'd like to see first of all two up front and thought Hardie and Morelos may be too similar. Agree 100% about left on his own  Both Hardie and Morelos could be McCoist types who feed off the Hately's of the world.  TWO UP FRONT IS THE KEY and one is not Miller.

14 hours ago, Fuzzy said:

Would have to be PLG for me, terrible manager :justno:

He was bad but not as poor as McCoist. Football was brutal. Never a manager right enough so I'm not sure he should be counted. 

After McCoist it would have to be PLG for results and then McLeish for some of the shite he dished up towards the end of his reign. He was the opposite of PLG though as he achieved great results for a while whilst losing a lot of good players.

At least Pedro's got rid of most of  Warburtons shit .    Imagine if Mccoist would have replaced Warburton   players like Kiernan and Waggy  stroking mccosit's  huge fucking ego  we know doubt would still be enduring the likes of  them 

you can't  really compare Mccoist's record with other rangers managers as he managed mostly in the bottom tiers but the disastrous championship season must make him the worst manager at least Warburton showed how easily that could be accomplished .