Doncaster in Trouble

Blue Nosed Babe

Apparently the SPFL Board made it clear that any reviews regarding finance were NOT to include Rangers and the events of 2012. 

From letters he published as we know mentions us. The SPFL board have accused Doncaster of misrepresenting the position to the SFA and faces a grilling by the SPFL board.

As an aside our board have written about how this is unfolding.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no issues him in the firing line for this. He acted on the bequest of one member, against another, apparently contrary to set spfl guidelines.

But the bheast has arguably played a blinder here if Doncaster had served his purpose and his removal was their end goal. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If he was to be bulleted then his successor could well be even more dangerous to us.

3 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Imagine a world where we had football governing bodies who acted professionally, impartially and in the best interested of all member clubs.... our club just has a big target on its back 

If only mate. These cunts will forever try to grind us down but we will always be here for the fight. 

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I have no issues him in the firing line for this. He acted on the bequest of one member, against another, apparently contrary to set spfl guidelines.

But the bheast has arguably played a blinder here if Doncaster had served his purpose and his removal was their end goal. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If he was to be bulleted then his successor could well be even more dangerous to us.

Yup, this could've been the bheasts plan all along 

If your a Rangers fan the last few years has been an eye opening experience and once your eyes are opened agendas become clear. Doncaster has pinned his colours to the mast here - as so many have done against us over the last few years. His position is now untenable imho.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont agree with that. Doncaster done what cellic wanted. Why would they then remove him?

I agree.  They have just fucked it up really.  Hibs statement a few days after the letter conversation was published, took any credibility away from the 'requests' that there was left.  Now the SPFL are having a pop at their spokesman.  Farce if correct.

It is probably just me thinking this, and I expect to get pelters for saying it but here goes......

Does it feel to anyone else like the press coverage in general is starting to swing back a little bit in the way of neutrality.

When this latest assault by celtic on the review kicked off, I was expecting the press to go into full 'Sporting Integrity' mode. Almost instantly though, things took a little bit of a turn against celtic though and now Doncaster. Reports of 'no appetite' and reporters suggesting it is 'time to move on'. We even have defensive columns from the likes of DJ with (as yet) no counter piece from the likes of Sutton or others.

Dont get me wrong, the coverage they get when a bam runs onto the pitch and attempts to assault a PSG player was simply glowing in comparison to when our supporters 'threw missiles' onto the pitch against Progres in the form of deadly paper planes.

Hopefully the start of the power transition back to us, but no doubt im being overly optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont agree with that. Doncaster done what cellic wanted. Why would they then remove him?

Only question I have is that they encouraged / forced him into the firing line. Apparently now it seems against spfl policy.

It could be argued he's expendable to them. It works in their favour great. It doesn't then Doncaster catches shit including potentially his job.

If they have thought this way, which isn't out with the capabilities of Liewell, then they'll sure as hell have given thought to his successor.

Paranoia? Maybe 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Only in Scottish football can this shit happen.

People still justifying the non-statement, if anything this means we need to make one MORE.

The silence from us thus far, is correct IMO, as we could have made a cunt of it without all the facts/inside info.  Having said that, as more information is coming to hand, we should now be building a response in preparation for putting everyone back in their place.  

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is probably just me thinking this, and I expect to get pelters for saying it but here goes......

Does it feel to anyone else like the press coverage in general is starting to swing back a little bit in the way of neutrality.

When this latest assault by celtic on the review kicked off, I was expecting the press to go into full 'Sporting Integrity' mode. Almost instantly though, things took a little bit of a turn against celtic though and now Doncaster. Reports of 'no appetite' and reporters suggesting it is 'time to move on'. We even have defensive columns from the likes of DJ with (as yet) no counter piece from the likes of Sutton or others.

Dont get me wrong, the coverage they get when a bam runs onto the pitch and attempts to assault a PSG player was simply glowing in comparison to when our supporters 'threw missiles' onto the pitch against Progres in the form of deadly paper planes.

Hopefully the start of the power transition back to us, but no doubt im being overly optimistic. 

honestly mate? no i dont see that at all.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Only question I have is that they encouraged / forced him into the firing line. Apparently now it seems against spfl policy.

It could be argued he's expendable to them. It works in their favour great. It doesn't then Doncaster catches shit including potentially his job.

If they have thought this way, which isn't out with the capabilities of Liewell, then they'll sure as hell have given thought to his successor.

I think they have made a huge mistake, rather than it being a big cunning plan

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I don't think so.  But, the press are leaches and will often take the side that has the upper hand in scenarios, so maybe get a bit of support from them if this does blow up in celtic/SPFLs faces as a total shambles.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

honestly mate? no i dont see that at all.

Dont get me wrong, I think it is still massively in their favour. Its just that this story has not played out in the papers and media as I would have expected.

Usually I would expect the fuckers to get treated like the custodians of truth and virtue, where as they really are coming across as desperate, petty bullies. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think they have made a huge mistake, rather than it being a big cunning plan

I agree. They've shown themselves up to be amateurish nobodies who have no place in a position of any sort of authority. 

I think they (but especially celtic/Lawwell) were taking for granted that the knifes were still out for Rangers and thought everyone would be onboard after they pressed ahead without their consent. 

I don't forgive or forget, but the same teams that treated us like shite first time round have done the decent thing this time round. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I agree. They've shown themselves up to be amateurish nobodies who have no place in a position of any sort of authority. 

I think they (but especially celtic/Lawwell) were taking for granted that the knifes were still out for Rangers and thought everyone would be onboard after they pressed ahead without their consent. 

I don't forgive or forget, but the same teams that treated us like shite first time round have done the decent thing this time round. 

Theres nothing in it for them. I dont think decency has anything to do with it mate.