Doncaster in Trouble

Blue Nosed Babe

45 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Rangers sent a furious letter to SFA chief Stewart Regan over attempts to hold a judicial review into the Ibrox club’s use of EBTs.Gers chiefs were left “angry and upset” that SPFL supremo Neil Doncaster penned a letter to Regan calling for a judicial review which focused on how Gers’ financial demise was handled.

SunSport Online understands it was agreed by the SPFL board that the focus of any investigation into how Scottish football dealt with clubs’ financial difficulties should not be concentrated on Rangers.

But while the content of Doncaster’s letter sent last month didn’t focus on Rangers, the subject heading read: ‘Independent review of use of tax avoidance schemes at Rangers FC and actions of Scottish football authorities’.

It is believed that Doncaster will be forced to answer serious questions about why Rangers became the focus at a meeting next Thursday morning with some members of the board unhappy that their views were misrepresented.

Doncaster’s correspondence also prompted Gers bosses to send their own letter to Regan making it clear they were “angry and upset” that Doncaster had made their club the focus of attention.

In the letter – which was also sent to Doncaster – Rangers went on to ask Regan why “certain individuals” appear to have so much influence over Scottish football and questioned the governance of the game.

News of the Rangers letter comes eight days after we told how Hoops chief Peter Lawwell wrote to Regan in 2012 calling for a judicial review into the circumstances surrounding the Ibrox club’s financial woes.

In that correspondence – sent shortly before Gers’ liquidation – Lawwell asked that “retrospective sanctions” be considered if wrongdoing was established.Lawwell then wrote to Regan earlier this month to claim it was “disturbing” that he had snubbed calls for a judicial review.

But four days ago Regan hit back by claiming celtic are the ONLY club out of the SFA’s 108 members who want a review

SunSport Online has asked the SPFL for comment.

Glad to hear that letters have been sent by our board, but the fans should also have been told by a statement that these letters had been sent. I would have accepted that the content would not be released at that time but reassurance that it was being dealt with. All IMO of course. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

oncaster’s correspondence also prompted Gers bosses to send their own letter to Regan making it clear they were “angry and upset” that Doncaster had made their club the focus of attention.

In the letter – which was also sent to Doncaster – Rangers went on to ask Regan why “certain individuals” appear to have so much influence over Scottish football and questioned the governance of the game.

Going directly for Doncaster and the "certain individual". Not in underhand, public or through the media way  either, proper channels, unlike the scum from the East.  Let battle commence...

Good to see the club directors have responded. And although we all wanted to hear it ourselves it's much more in keeping with club traditions to do the dirty washing in the background.

lets face it- the board release a statement and it gets twisted and pulled apart by a fenian taigy peado loving media.which is then the focus for the actual taigs and Peado sympathisers to phone in and swamp radio phone ins. By the time 8:00 pm arrives the Rangers statement is forgotten about and lies takes its place.

good show from the Rangers board 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I have no issues him in the firing line for this. He acted on the bequest of one member, against another, apparently contrary to set spfl guidelines.

But the bheast has arguably played a blinder here if Doncaster had served his purpose and his removal was their end goal. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If he was to be bulleted then his successor could well be even more dangerous to us.

In what way mate . Liewell himself ?? Who else could me more blatant and clearly bought than Doncaster himself ?

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Good to see the club directors have responded. And although we all wanted to hear it ourselves it's much more in keeping with club traditions to do the dirty washing in the background.

lets face it- the board release a statement and it gets twisted and pulled apart by a fenian taigy peado loving media.which is then the focus for the actual taigs and Peado sympathisers to phone in and swamp radio phone ins. By the time 8:00 pm arrives the Rangers statement is forgotten about and lies takes its place.

good show from the Rangers board 

How do we know our club responded ??

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is probably just me thinking this, and I expect to get pelters for saying it but here goes......

Does it feel to anyone else like the press coverage in general is starting to swing back a little bit in the way of neutrality.

When this latest assault by celtic on the review kicked off, I was expecting the press to go into full 'Sporting Integrity' mode. Almost instantly though, things took a little bit of a turn against celtic though and now Doncaster. Reports of 'no appetite' and reporters suggesting it is 'time to move on'. We even have defensive columns from the likes of DJ with (as yet) no counter piece from the likes of Sutton or others.

Dont get me wrong, the coverage they get when a bam runs onto the pitch and attempts to assault a PSG player was simply glowing in comparison to when our supporters 'threw missiles' onto the pitch against Progres in the form of deadly paper planes.

Hopefully the start of the power transition back to us, but no doubt im being overly optimistic. 

Absolutely not . Jesus . You were sensible last week  but I will never accept that our media could be anything other than scumbag lovers

7 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Every single thing they put out to the media serves a purpose. Fuck even back in 2009 we'd just win the league for 1st time in 4seasons but all the talk was strachan being sacked- takes the spotlight from us and deflects it on to us when events such as Tuesday happen.

i don't doubt for a second that Doncaster will leave but mark my words, the replacement will have business links to celtic one way or another.

The spfl are simply Scumbag Fc

When formed , they had a beggar lover as their chief . Things only ever got worse and they more powerful .

For me , when things went bad for us . They more than most were instrumental in causing us the maximum damage .

Where Sfa come in . Not quite so sure

I have said all along . They are now all mates .

Are we to believe . Regan has went out on a loop with his old buddies ?

Liewell want Rangers titles because the unwashed want them, so it takes pressure off him during a difficult week. Liewell tells Regan to start the process to reopen old wounds, Regan say no, to much time and trouble. Doncaster is told by Liewell to drum up support to put Regan on the spot. Doncaster tries to blag it, thinking that he will get support from the usual Rangers haters. Regan gets the feel of how other clubs feel and because he does not like being pushed into this by Doncaster, he goes all transparent with the info.

Liewell is about to throw Doncaster under the bus because he broke the first rule " don't get caught". Liewell is moving on to Euro stuff and reckons he will come out untarnished but his arrogance lead to him using people like Doncaster.

Rangers are now asking pointed questions and may expose a devious, manipulative lier who has been telling the SPFL and SFA what to do. This is far from finished as Rangers are now at the side line looking to ask the most difficult questions and may want their pound of flesh. This could go very badly for Liewell if Doncaster flaps and blubs  to the world what Liewell has been up to in the background.

I think we're giving Doncaster and Liewell too much credit here , they've messed up by overrating their position , I really don't believe there is any more to it than that . 

If we look at the order of events that led up to this . First , joe orourke , a representative of the celtic supporters association , sent an open letter to both Regan and Doncaster . I won't put the crap on here , but this bit did stand out - 

''' The supporters of Scottish Football are calling for change, they are demanding change. I will be meeting with representatives of all the other honest teams in Scotland tomorrow morning, we will be looking at ways of forcing that change. '' 

Weeks / months later , orourke did indeed meet with Doncaster . One has to wonder , is where Doncaster got the idea of the support of all the clubs . Surely the Chief Executive of the SPFL didn't rely on the word of joe the bigot . Far fetched ? Perhaps , but we do know Doncaster didn't canvas his members for their thoughts - so maybe not that far fetched after all . 

For me , the quick succession of letters from both Doncaster and Liewell are too much of a coincidence , and were a double barrelled attack on Regan to put pressure on him to change his mind for a review ( a precursor for title stripping imo) or , if necessary , remove him for someone more pliable . Regan , to be fair , has publicly published these letters , mentioned Doncaster's meeting with the csa , and , publicly called Doncaster out by  revealing nobody has come to him in support of the review . There certainly seems to be a bit of tension between the two . 

Doncaster's position is now untenable . He's abused his position of Chief Executive of the spfl . Instead of representing all 42 clubs , he's reduced himself to nothing more than a spokesperson for one club . He lied . I don't know what Rangers have written about , and I'm glad they have , but I sincerely hope that within that letter are calls for his resignation or at the very least a vote of no confidence on Neil Doncaster . 

Like I say , sometimes we look too deep into things , when the obvious is staring us in the face . We have an opportunity here to kick out Neil Doncaster , I just hope the Board realise this and take advantage of it . That really will signal that we are back . 

I said it back in the days of the 5 way meeting. We should have quit scottish football and applied to the FA. 

Yes we would have been in the "Northern Unibond Conference League C" or what ever but we would have been a huge club within 10 years again competing with all and sundry. With our fanbase and infrastructure some oligarch would have snapped us up. 

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I said it back in the days of the 5 way meeting. We should have quit scottish football and applied to the FA. 

Yes we would have been in the "Northern Unibond Conference League C" or what ever but we would have been a huge club within 10 years again competing with all and sundry. With our fanbase and infrastructure some oligarch would have snapped us up. 

I would still take that rather than play in this shithole

Interesting point from gmcf about the letter from orourke, had never heard of him. Anyway I think slanty eyes has fucked up big time with this, he thought the other clubs would join in in trying to hurt us further but seriously misjudged their appetite.  Then they went after Regan but he fucked them by revealing only one club asked for an enquiry, call it what you will.  Now Doncaster is being thrown under the bus because...... well just because things haven't gone as planned. As for MM suggesting things are starting to swing our way with the media, while I'd like to think it was true, I think they're just bending with the wind and will change just as quickly.  Good to know our board have sent in a letter of complaint and I'll admit I thought they should have issued a statement but perhaps they've done the right thing.  Slowly, slowly, catchee  slanty eyed monkey.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

the FA would have told us to bolt, well not them but the member clubs who would need to vote on our application, plus no european football ever again had we done that

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:12, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I have no issues him in the firing line for this. He acted on the bequest of one member, against another, apparently contrary to set spfl guidelines.

But the bheast has arguably played a blinder here if Doncaster had served his purpose and his removal was their end goal. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If he was to be bulleted then his successor could well be even more dangerous to us.

Like your big picture thinking mate. Good Point.

On 15 September 2017 at 15:58, Bears r us said:

Glad to hear that letters have been sent by our board, but the fans should also have been told by a statement that these letters had been sent. I would have accepted that the content would not be released at that time but reassurance that it was being dealt with. All IMO of course. 

A furious letter is as good as their furious fuckin statements they don't amount to a hill of furious fuckin beans bud, dungcaster and rhegan have did their damage, what they brought in for by slitty eyes fuck face, if they get bumped they walk away with plenty, damage is done and will continue to be done until we have somebody with balls to fight them proper instead of limping along appeasing them !

image.gif.fd6a02dcbf85f57b813ff2988f91fd12.gif

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

A furious letter is as good as their furious fuckin statements they don't amount to a hill of furious fuckin beans bud, dungcaster and rhegan have did their damage, what they brought in for by slitty eyes fuck face, if they get bumped they walk away with plenty, damage is done and will continue to be done until we have somebody with balls to fight them proper instead of limping along appeasing them !

image.gif.fd6a02dcbf85f57b813ff2988f91fd12.gif

I was trying to be charitable BD, but you are also right, damage has been done and my confidence in our board is not high that they will really fight our corner. :headwall:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I was trying to be charitable BD, but you are also right, damage has been done and my confidence in our board is not high that they will really fight our corner. :headwall:

Not got the strength or finances to fight them mate, any leeway we get from rhegan and co will be charity because they need our fans money, that'll be the only reason!??

image.gif.d99a92246075cac52093f177d534039c.gif