Gaffbear

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

We are at a crucial point of the season. Just scrape through by any means tomorrow and win on Saturday and all of a sudden we are in the semi and 2 points off them. Lose both and we are looking at a new manager 

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Regardless of a loss though, I still think PC will be given the season by the powers that be.

Just now, Gustav said:

Blaming referees, saying we need luck and teams only try against us is desperate. We are where we are because the manager is a dud.

Not desperate just facts stating we have been unlucky at times.......

So the managers a dud,who do you suggest then ?

13 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Meltdown was about the Thistle game .

What do you suggest ?

Sack Pedro today and go into tomorrow's game and Saturdays game with no manager. Don't you think that may do more harm than good?

More harm than good? If, as is very likely, were on the end of another humiliation on Saturday, I might just self harm.

I suggest we bin this dud and I believe I more than justified it with the bullet points in the post you quoted.

Actually, I'd leave him in charge until Saturday against them when, probably off the back of another horror show against Partick, he'll no doubt lead us to another embarrassment against celtic.

We will achieve nothing under this man. We will not win the league this season.

Get someone else in; allow them a few months with the squad, positioning themselves for the January transfer window.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

More harm than good? If, as is very likely, were on the end of another humiliation on Saturday, I might just self harm.

I suggest we bin this dud and I believe I more than justified it with the bullet points in the post you quoted.

Actually, I'd leave him in charge until Saturday against them when, probably off the back of another horror show against Partick, he'll no doubt lead us to another embarrassment against celtic.

We will achieve nothing under this man. We will not win the league this season.

Get someone else in; allow them a few months with the squad, positioning themselves for the January transfer window.

We were never going to win the league this season anyway.

If we don't beat Thistle well tomorrow and are pumped on Saturday i think he'll lose his job anyway. My issue is who would come? .McInnes is under contract with a club that would rather die than deal with us...

7 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We were never going to win the league this season anyway.

If we don't beat Thistle well tomorrow and are pumped on Saturday i think he'll lose his job anyway. My issue is who would come? .McInnes is under contract with a club that would rather die than deal with us...

That's what a DOF is for. Continuity and succession planning. We must have a plan for all eventualities like Southampton have had. 

5 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

All the above is true...

Which is why I often find it astonishing that many of our fans use Smith as a barometer to slate any manager since when not one of them has had close the the stability and resources he had.  The flip side of that is, would Smith manage any better under the circumstances?  Who knows, but I'm sure there'll be many who'll convince themselves he would.

Maybe my opinion is clouded with nostalgia but I think that if Smith was in charge of us, even if his resources were limited in comparison to what he worked with in the past, we would be in a far better place.

It wouldn't be good to watch but I'm willing to bet we would be well organised, hard to beat and we wouldn't have conceded the number of soft goals and dropped the amount of daft points that we have conceded under both Warburton and Caixinha.

Would powderpuff players like Kranjcar and Windass get regular games in a Smith side?

Would he have persisted with  Wallace & Tavernier for so long when goal after goal comes their defensive inadequacies?

Would he have splashed out well over three million on two completely untested players from Mexico and a powderpuff ball playing centre half from Portugal or would he have been more likely to have cherry picked three or four of the very best players from within Scotland with that money instead?

I'm not saying Smith was perfect, he wasn't, but the difference between Smith and guys like Caixinha and Warburton is that Smith knows exactly what sort of character is required of a player for them be a success and he knows how to win games at a club like Rangers.

Did he have better resources to work with, absolutely, but he also did a superb job with a piss poor Scotland squad because he knew how to get the very best out of very little and I have no doubts he would have us in a better place than we are in now if he was in charge.

On 18/09/2017 at 17:44, Turnberry18 said:

Anything less than 4 or 5 nil? If we won 2-0 and won at the weekend then people would be more than happy with that; Caixinha is going nowhere, and to suggest otherwise is wrong. We don't need to win by 4 or 5; getting to the next stage in the cup will do. The game after that is the most important, and it will tell us a great deal about this team, and the decisions the manager made over the summer. We have a chance in that match; we won't be favourites, but we have a chance, however slender.

After that result, don't hold your breath.