We drew 2.2

Gaffbear

3 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

If only we could have won.

Quite a few results going our way today too.

Makes it all the more hard to take.

Starting team needs a change, preferably players in correct positions.

We're pulling away from Ross County thanks to celt*c. At this rate they will never catch us.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So the real impact of last night's draw was the bheasts moving 2 points further ahead of us, and a missed opportunity for us.

The rest of the top 6 drew or lost.

Sheep drew at home to killie.

Hibs and Motherwell drew.

St Johnstone lost at Dundee.

I'm not saying it's great nor that it was a point gained. But in the battle for 2nd, which this season is for me, last night is not the catastrophe some believe it to have been.

A mere observation. Looking for a tin hat now......

Whilst you aren't wrong in what you are saying, it actually says more about us overall that we are looking at Aberdeen and St Johnstone/Hibs results in regards to where we are and making a case for the result not being disasterous in the grand scheme of things.

It's because of Pedro (and the board too to be fair) that we are in this position that our standards are so low. 

I struggle with where we are at because it doesn't have to be like this. The taigs are rampant but we need to be a lot better too. 50% win ratio is ridiculous. 

It illustrates we are where we should be based on loads of factors.

We're a top half team, hopefully a place 2 team.

There's loads of factors in that - Board, Pedro, players to name but 3, - but the reality is the table accurately reflects what we are at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with striving to be number one.

But given all our issues having that as an expectation as some do, not saying you, is counterproductive.

I'm also not saying results are good enough, or Pedro deserves sacked or to stay.

I just think we should be judging against a more realistic expectation and if he fails to achieve that then fine what will be will be.

4 hours ago, Misteral said:

We should not have dropped an important 2 points last night so it's not good enough.

The Jury's still out on Pedro with me. Performances and results against Thistle in the cup and against the taigs and sheep will give us a clearer picture. I hope it's not a negative one. 

This is my take on it too, desperately want this team to get a run going though it's looking increasingly unlikely with our flaws in defence and no midfielder that grabs the game by the balls and orchestrates everything.

Remember leaving the savilledome last September fucking distraught that our season was over,  we need a victory next week at Ibrox or its a repeat of last year which is unacceptable.

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's loads of factors in that - Board, Pedro, players to name but 3, - but the reality is the table accurately reflects what we are at the moment.

But given all our issues having that as an expectation as some do, not saying you, is counterproductive.

I'm also not saying results are good enough, or Pedro deserves sacked or to stay.

I just think we should be judging against a more realistic expectation and if he fails to achieve that then fine what will be will be.

Aye I agree that you can't just expect to win all the time because we are Rangers in name, you need to back it up and deserve it - but we need to aim high too. We need to get the winning mentality back. It's lost thanks to years of abuse by McCoist, Whyte, Easedales, Leech, Paul Murray, Dave King, Stuart Robertson, Mark Warburton, Pedro Caixhina, Rob Kiernan's, Andy Halliday's, Jason Holt's, Danny Wilson's, James Taveneir's, Steve Simonsen's, Fraser Aird's, Robbie Crawford's you name it and fans (not you but in general) just accepting it. 

5 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

What a fuckin meltdown after drawing away from home 

Facts are we dominated and they should have been down to 10.first half .

We played nice football and attacked well in the first half . Lost our left back after 11 minutes and jack struggled second half after nearly getting his leg broken .

The free kick they got was stupid but second goal was our defence switching off .

We battered them while they parked the bus for 30 minutes 

It wasn't ideal but you'd think we'd lost  3.0 . There has been vast improvements this season .

Cardosso and alves will gel . Jack and doreans look 10 times halliday and Barton.

Candeias looks a player and Tav is attacking.brilliantly and we now have a goal a game striker . Sure we have frailties but unlike the child abusers weve not had £90m in CL money 

Fair points mate but we are still constantly dropping points week in week out, lots of potential but fuck all to show for it !!!

Threads like this just undermine how far we have fallen and how sub standard some folks expectations and standards are regarding our club.

There is no positives drawing to one of the worst if not the worst team in this tin pot joke of a league. It's a total red neck to add to the other ones we have had under this clueless manager. 

Next it will be praising the effort of the team in not shipping more than 3 goals against the taigs.

For me it's a tough one and I am one of the "flip floppers". As a supporter I always try to support the manager and the players regardless of who they are. I always try to look at the positives. 

I go to every game expecting to win as do the majority of our fans, especially against teams like Partick, it should not be a given that we will win these games but with our team and budget it is not unrealistic to assume that we will.

I like Pedro and really want him to succeed so when he wins I'm excited and happy and always think that maybe he's turned a corner. Unfortunately the stats speak for themselves and he has never won more than 3 games in a row since he came to us. That simply is not good enough. 

Looking at the bigger picture I, hand on heart, do not think Pedro is the one to topple them off the throne and win us 55. But who can? Who can come in that is affordable and can make this team perform? 

As someone else said the problem is that the board are thinking finishing second is acceptable and that's why Pedro will not get sacked before the end of the season.

48 minutes ago, jintybear said:

For me it's a tough one and I am one of the "flip floppers". As a supporter I always try to support the manager and the players regardless of who they are. I always try to look at the positives. 

I go to every game expecting to win as do the majority of our fans, especially against teams like Partick, it should not be a given that we will win these games but with our team and budget it is not unrealistic to assume that we will.

I like Pedro and really want him to succeed so when he wins I'm excited and happy and always think that maybe he's turned a corner. Unfortunately the stats speak for themselves and he has never won more than 3 games in a row since he came to us. That simply is not good enough. 

Looking at the bigger picture I, hand on heart, do not think Pedro is the one to topple them off the throne and win us 55. But who can? Who can come in that is affordable and can make this team perform? 

As someone else said the problem is that the board are thinking finishing second is acceptable and that's why Pedro will not get sacked before the end of the season.

Good post 

6 hours ago, blueretro said:

I'm not one to lose the plot and start shouting for sackings every time we have a bad result. But a 2-2 draw against one of the bottom teams is never acceptable for Rangers. It doesn't matter how you dress it up

We have been drawing and dropping points to bottom of the table teams for as long as I can remember.  Every one of them is a pisser but it's football, it happens.

drawing away to partick thistle and cunts dont get upset because the rest around us are just as shite or even more shite, no thanks, last night was abysmal 2nd half, we dont have any consistency and we had a miserable 4 shots on target the whole game i think thats fucking dung

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you think we were shit last night then your not looking at us objectively. 

Yes we have faults, massive ones in defence but we are better than under Warburton. 

we had Nine points under Warburton in the first six games i'm sure we have 11 under Pedro under Warburton we had also played the filth in one of those games.

Not much in it.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think anyone with half a brain does know it now. 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with that - but those of us will full brains know that it's far to soon to judge! 

lol this was a funny little exchange.

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It's been spoken about a few times already ITT, but one of our major problems is consistency.  It's so frustrating.

And I really don't know how a coach /manager addresses that.

Shout or scream; practice more; drop them (who for?)?

It's a tough one..

Especially When it's not match by match but inconsistency during a game.

I think it's likely a mindset thing, as we have shown good ability for periods plenty times this season. We just don't maintain it.

I think we need more genuine leaders, tough bastards that might not be the best in the world but won't tolerate anything but 100% from better player's than him in the team.

For the 5 captains Pedro identified- Wallace, Miller, niko, alves and dorrans-  he is being short changed in the leadership qualities shown.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye I agree that you can't just expect to win all the time because we are Rangers in name, you need to back it up and deserve it - but we need to aim high too. We need to get the winning mentality back. It's lost thanks to years of abuse by McCoist, Whyte, Easedales, Leech, Paul Murray, Dave King, Stuart Robertson, Mark Warburton, Pedro Caixhina, Rob Kiernan's, Andy Halliday's, Jason Holt's, Danny Wilson's, James Taveneir's, Steve Simonsen's, Fraser Aird's, Robbie Crawford's you name it and fans (not you but in general) just accepting it. 

I see exactly what you are saying and here are my thoughts. I am still out on Pedro at the moment.

Over the last 5 years we have been served up a Rangers that are substandard compared to what went before 2012. Some, now think that is our normal standard. I see where we are now standard wise, as a stepping stone to improvement. Septic are not that good but we are not at the standard to take them out. Each position in the team needs to be filled with some one who is that standard of pre 2012.

We have improved but we need to improve more as some in our team are still championship standard. If Pedro stays, I hope he replaces these players in the next window; if he goes, I hope his replacement replaces these players in the next window. Taveneir, Wallace, Windass, Nico and Miller are not a good enough standard and should be replaced. On top of that we need 4 or 5 players of better standard to improve the squad so we can deal with suspensions and injuries. So, I think Pedro / who ever needs to bring in 9 to 10 better standard players in the next window before we stand a chance of challenging for the league.

Pedro has done well to improve the squad in the closed season but much work is still needed. The team is gelling but substandard players have / are letting us down game after game. We need the formation, players roles and style of play bang on and then the players to fill the positions. At the moment the formation and player roles is not clear to me. I see the style of play that Pedro is attempting but we are let down by substandard players breaking up the flow of the move or not even being in the right place at the right time because they have wandered. Now is the time for Pedro to be brutal and demanding, switching off halfway through a game is unacceptable but several Rangers players have done it over several games. Now Pedro has to show his management skills.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A fair assessment and a well blanced view.

it will never catch on.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Unfair to say Pedro accepts it, he might be lacking technically but you don't get as animated as he does at the side of the pitch when you're happy to accept anything other than a win.

5 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Unfair to say Pedro accepts it, he might be lacking technically but you don't get as animated as he does at the side of the pitch when you're happy to accept anything other than a win.

Pedro lives in la la land with the shite he spouts - he said 2-days ago he doesn't even know what position we are in the table. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he thought he was doing a grand job.

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

We have been drawing and dropping points to bottom of the table teams for as long as I can remember.  Every one of them is a pisser but it's football, it happens.

I think a lot of people forget this. I can remember us drawing and losing games under Walter than on paper should have been easy. Now I'm not comparing Pedro to Walter, not at all, but I think due to the tarriers having a great run of form we're becoming slightly more impatient and frustrated when we don't win every game.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I think a lot of people forget this. I can remember us drawing and losing games under Walter than on paper should have been easy. Now I'm not comparing Pedro to Walter, not at all, but I think due to the tarriers having a great run of form we're becoming slightly more impatient and frustrated when we don't win every game.

50% win ratio in the league so far this season and 4-point's behind the taigs after 6-games. 

Dropping points against shite teams over the course of a season is normal but not at this rate.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

50% win ratio in the league so far this season and 4-point's behind the taigs after 6-games. 

Dropping points against shite teams over the course of a season is normal but not at this rate.

5 points mate and 3 behind the sheep.

Going for 55