• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

What a fuckin meltdown after drawing away from home 

Facts are we dominated and they should have been down to 10.first half .

To use the excuse that they should have been down to ten in the first half is clutching at straws

It could be argued that we might have lost if Partick had kept eleven on the park.

You can dominate a game for 90 minutes, but when you leak goals then all the domination in the world counts for hee fucking haw.

Fucking hellski!!!

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

With so many changes bending in takes time 6-9 months according to some managers ( I know in FIFA 18 it's not a factor) - we play the ball more direct , we have more fight, more goals . Some people have become hooked on moaning and negativity and are so desperate for success that they want the team and club to do the very thing that will make sure we fail - chop and change all the time. I know patience does not come easy to many but patience is required. 

Why give him another 6-9 months when you know it won't work? I've never understood the reluctance from some to act soon and salvage the season while we still can. Prevention is better than cure.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

You really believe that pish that they aren't match fit. 

Yes.

They are miles off the pace, Herrera can barely move and Pena looks like he's just started playing the game.

If you think they are match fit then what exactly is the justification for over 3 million pounds worth of signings not starting games?

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He should get the season. 

So going by current results, 2nd place will be gone and we'll be reduced to loan signings in January as there will be no ST money left - we're then left battling for 3rd or 4th place.

Get shot of him now and there's at least a chance of salvaging something.

22 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Letting McKay go was a huge mistake, and I will never change my mind on that. I actually get sick of hearing " they don't even try" etc etc towards the players. That is just rubbish, but it seems to be the  cool thing to say these days. If you are a player and you were to read the comments on here would it give you confidence or not; obviously it wouldn't. And then you get the comments saying that they get paid enough to rise above negative comments; this is utter rubbish as well as what a player earns has absolutely nothing to do with confidence. 

It's a weird one. I always thought until we had better players or we got a silly bid we should keep him. I think 500k was not the greatest decison. 

Every fan of another team I speak to asks me why we let him go. 

He was inconsistent and question marks over his attitude but he can win a game on his own. I really think we've made a mess there. 

That being said if we'd brought a decent replacement in, I'd have maybe understood it more.

2 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

What a fuckin meltdown after drawing away from home 

Facts are we dominated and they should have been down to 10.first half .

We played nice football and attacked well in the first half . Lost our left back after 11 minutes and jack struggled second half after nearly getting his leg broken .

The free kick they got was stupid but second goal was our defence switching off

We battered them while they parked the bus for 30 minutes 

By the way.. for those talking about improvements... How much of  this sounds exactly like mark Warburton's teams. Just pish about dominating and excuses.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

So going by current results, 2nd place will be gone and we'll be reduced to loan signings in January as there will be no ST money left - we're then left battling for 3rd or 4th place.

Get shot of him now and there's at least a chance of salvaging something.

Well for one thing loan siginings was all I was expecting in Jan because this board won't find any money. 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yes.

They are miles off the pace, Herrera can barely move and Pena looks like he's just started playing the game.

If you think they are match fit then what exactly is the justification for over 3 million pounds worth of signings not starting games?

You would need to ask the manager. 

I'm holding my breath that this team will grow together and with a few choice signings in January we will be ending the season on a winning streak putting a marker down for the following season.

Albeit, im not sure Pedro will be the one in charge to end the season with some momentum.

20 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

To those that say Pedro needs more time, just how much fucking more exactly? 

It's not just pedro that needs time. The team does. The team is not yet a team. 

The players dont have cool heads when under pressure, you don't see accurate through balls or 1 2s in the final third when we really need a goal. You see rushed passes and runs or long balls with all of the thistle players in the box, composure was required.

But the blame has to lie with the defence. 2 goals were bad. The first should never have conceded the free kick and the wall wasn't good enough. For the second well the whole defence should have handled that better. 

Pedro is at fault for one thing tho, starting miller. He should either go with herrera from the start or play one uo front with the behind him with dorrans higher up the park.

I would have liked to have seen dodoo as an option as well. He has a trick or 2, pace, good link up play and a good finish. Perfect for morelos.

If we are toiling bring on a fresh miller against a tired defence. 

It also doesn't help we get booted off the park most games. 

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

It's not just pedro that needs time. The team does. The team is not yet a team. 

The players dont have cool heads when under pressure, you don't see accurate through balls or 1 2s in the final third when we really need a goal. You see rushed passes and runs or long balls with all of the thistle players in the box, composure was required.

But the blame has to lie with the defence. 2 goals were bad. The first should never have conceded the free kick and the wall wasn't good enough. For the second well the whole defence should have handled that better. 

Pedro is at fault for one thing tho, starting miller. He should either go with herrera from the start or play one uo front with the behind him with dorrans higher up the park.

If we are toiling bring on a fresh miller against a tired defence. 

It also doesn't help we get booted off the park most games. 

Sorry I don't mean to take this one bit at the end out of your entire post but that's upto us to deal with. Scotland has always been a playground for hatchet men. Good managers shape their transfer policy with that in mind or at the very least prepare for it.

The first thing Smith done when he came back, for example, was get rid of Svensson and move Papac out the road of the buses from center half and get Ugo and Weir who were experienced and physical enough.

Then brought in Kevin Thomson, who in his own words recently got ordered to get booked early and put a marker down in midfield. We don't have any of that, because Pedro like Le Guen and Warburton who also all failed don't see it that way.

Succeeding in Scottish football isn't rocket science. It may not be pretty but it's pretty simple. When people like Pedro overcomplicate things they fail.

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why give him another 6-9 months when you know it won't work? I've never understood the reluctance from some to act soon and salvage the season while we still can. Prevention is better than cure.

I don't know it won't work - nor do you. But if we keep on changing then I'll guarantee it will never work. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't know it won't work - nor do you. But if we keep on changing then I'll guarantee it will never work. 

Did you say that when McLeish came in when Advocaat's time was up?
Did you say that when Smith came in when Le Guen's time was up?

Strange thing to say in fairness. 

I do agree (to an extent) that you can't keep changing managers every year, we need stability. But that doesn't mean under-par managers can stay either. It's unfortunete but Pedro should never have been appointed in the first place. I used to take great pride in us only having about 13 permanent managers up until a few years ago but poor managerial decision after poor decision means that's up the shoot now. 

We do need stability but with the right person.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Did you say that when McLeish came in when Advocaat's time was up?
Did you say that when Smith came in when Le Guen's time was up?

Strange thing to say in fairness. 

I do agree (to an extent) that you can't keep changing managers every year, we need stability. But that doesn't mean under-par managers can stay either. It's unfortunete but Pedro should never have been appointed in the first place. I used to take great pride in us only having about 13 permanent managers up until a few years ago but poor managerial decision after poor decision means that's up the shoot now. 

We do need stability but with the right person.

You make my argument for me. Stability! 

We wont know if he is the right person till at least after the next transfer window - we certainly don't 'know' it now. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You make my argument for me. Stability! 

We wont know if he is the right person till at least after the next transfer window - we certainly don't 'know' it now. 

I think anyone with half a brain does know it now. 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's fine but these people with 'full brains', IMO, don't want the best for Rangers then. It's that simple to me. 

This from the man that has been banned twice and hates most things about our club! Aye - no worries.