Moult to Preston

backup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Don't agree with that at all tbh, he's impressed me recently. 

I believed the very same a few months back but I've done a U-Turn on him. I think McGinn is the best Scottish midfielder in the SPL at the minute. He drives his team forward, he keeps things reasonably simple, he's left sided, strong and quick in the tackle and can run all day. Exactly what we need imo. I think him sitting with Jack and McCrorie would be lethal 

99% sure he's a Tim, but I'd like to see him at Ibrox 

ETA - we should take Morgan too while we can 

Exactly what we need? He's the grandson of former filth chairman Jack McGinn ffs have we learned nothing from the moh experience? 

As somebody has already pointed out he's a stick on to end up at the nappy rippers which is the best place for him. If we can't identify somebody with a blue nose with the same or better attributes than him it's a sad day indeed.

11 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, prior to this, we were all Moult's the man. Now it looks like he's heading south, he's a cunt, shitebag, shite, not good enough, limited ability and so on.

Just fucking wow!

Aye awrite, calm down hen. 

He is a good player but chances are he'll get found out in that league. 

Hardly 'wow!!', Is it? 

No one is going on about him being a starter..... we badly need another striker for when Morelos is out or out of form and Moult looks to be ideal in that respect.

They hype is because he's a good goalscorer in this league and offers something we don't have. We keep brinigning on a Mexican donkey who Moult is far superior to and it's frustration.

Moult is gone though so no point dwelling but it's obvious why some are disappointed.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Different scenario and situation though.

Boyd did it for 4 seasons and we signed him on the back of scoring 15 league goals in 19 games, with 0 pens in a stronger league back then. Moult has 8 league goals in a weaker era with 2 pens after 15 games and people are wax lyrical over this. Boyd's finishing ability was superior to Moult's. Not to mention we had a far superior side back then that was able to hide a lot of Boyd's deficiencies.

I wasn't against signing Boyd back then, not against signing Moult either, but only as a backup striker. He's not good enough to be the number 1 striker at our club, in my view.

Boyd flopped with us in his second spell in the championship after scoring many goals for Kilmarnock the season before(22, Moult's highest is 15 in this league) and here he is again this season only 2 goals behind Moult. Should we be signing Boyd for a third time since he scores goals at this level with a weaker side? Because people seem to believe because x player is scoring goals for lesser club he's going to get 20-25+ goals with us..

Honestly can't fathom the hype around Moult on the basis of scoring 15 league goals for Motherwell, when as pointed out above Boyd has scored 22 in this league not so long ago and someone like Kris Doolan over the past 2 full seasons had scored 2 less than Moult in total, don't see people begging to sign him.

Could Moult be a good signing? Of course, but the sadness over losing out on a decent player at best is madness.

I think it comes down to knowing our resources are limited and likely to remain limited for the foreseeable, therefore there's disappointment when we miss out on options that could be good bargains