A Christmas Present for Wee Josh - make your donation here.

govanblue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll pledge a tenner, having some problems with my PayPal just now - waiting on a new bank card arriving which probably won't be here for a week due to Christmas holidays etc and need the new bankcard to link to my PayPal to make payments - if you can take a tenner from the fund, I'll repay it when my card arrives and I link it to my account. Just remind me tho incase I forget.

No problem at all.  :tu:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Really nice idea from GB and if it means this wee man in pain and difficulties has an ever better Christmas then that’s fucking superb 

Surely the team should go see him and raise his profile?

I'm astounded the money wasn't raised for.his treatment tbh 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That’s one of my many, many gripes with this official Rangers charity foundation mate but I don’t like saying too much in threads like this which is about the wee man 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That’s one of my many, many gripes with this official Rangers charity foundation mate but I don’t like saying too much in threads like this which is about the wee man 

Yep exactly the sane mate.

Me and gb have had our differences but to orchestrate nearly 50k towards this wee guy is unreal. I made an anonymous donation after a good win. Was in the hundreds but it barely made a dent.

It's a disgrace imo. We both know if the RCF and players have this boy the publicity then it would happen

As you say different debate for a different thread 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

To be honest, RCF did their bit - we just couldn't follow through and capitalise or build on it.

Lord Sugar, As PM, the failure of this task lies squarely with me.    :p:

Our original target turned out to be way off target - by a factor of 100!

It's simply not an achievable target.

In terms of what we did achieve, we showed what we can do within the confines of our own little forum, and with the support of a few other members of the Rangers Family, which was pretty staggering actually.

I reckon if we came up with a more realistic ambition (no idea what that would be though), I think we could have more success getting people on board.  We would certainly have more success achieving those targets than the previous ones.  I also am very confident that RCF would continue to give us what support they can.  But I'd judge that RCF would not be able to get heavily on board with any individual cause outwith their own official ones, until such times as the media and public showed more interest in it.

And sadly, as we have clearly learned, I, and those many other fellow fund Members who have put so much time, effort and money into promoting Josh's cause - well, we simply aren't up to the job.  No shame in that.  In fact, Josh's interests aside, I wouldn't want it any other way!

So back to the drawing board - see if anyone can come up with some more realistic ambitions, achievable within RM, and just crack on with them.

Like that Christmas Present whipround there.  It won't get Josh the £5 million he needs for a new thorax, but it'll get him a wee something extra, and I'm sure his parents will be gladdened to know that we're still here for them in some way.  

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

To be honest, RCF did their bit - we just couldn't follow through and capitalise or build on it.

Lord Sugar, As PM, the failure of this task lies squarely with me.    :p:

Our original target turned out to be way off target - by a factor of 100!

It's simply not an achievable target.

In terms of what we did achieve, we showed what we can do within the confines of our own little forum, and with the support of a few other members of the Rangers Family, which was pretty staggering actually.

I reckon if we came up with a more realistic ambition (no idea what that would be though), I think we could have more success getting people on board.  We would certainly have more success achieving those targets than the previous ones.  I also am very confident that RCF would continue to give us what support they can.  But I'd judge that RCF would not be able to get heavily on board with any individual cause outwith their own official ones, until such times as the media and public showed more interest in it.

And sadly, as we have clearly learned, I, and those many other fellow fund Members who have put so much time, effort and money into promoting Josh's cause - well, we simply aren't up to the job.  No shame in that.  In fact, Josh's interests aside, I wouldn't want it any other way!

So back to the drawing board - see if anyone can come up with some more realistic ambitions, achievable within RM, and just crack on with them.

Like that Christmas Present whipround there.  It won't get Josh the £5 million he needs for a new thorax, but it'll get him a wee something extra, and I'm sure his parents will be gladdened to know that we're still here for them in some way.  

How much money did the charity foundation donate when the target was achievable before the cost rocketed? And some proof of it if possible