Beerman to QotS

Lloyd

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Look at the clusterfuck of a backpass Ross McCrorie made against Hamilton. Pass the ball to no-one without looking up at who is around you. Young players make mistakes.

Very true, perhaps I'm being a little harsh. However if we're comparing first team performances of Beerman and McCrorie over all it's like night and day. I do like Beerman but he doesn't seem to have that air of quality needed. 

Hope I'm proved wrong.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Very true, perhaps I'm being a little harsh. However if we're comparing first team performances of Beerman and McCrorie over all it's like night and day. I do like Beerman but he doesn't seem to have that air of quality needed. 

Hope I'm proved wrong.

IIrc, there's almost two years in age between them and Ross has played a fair bit more senior football than Myles has.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

IIrc, there's almost two years in age between them and Ross has played a fair bit more senior football than Myles has.

Also valid, but I've still not seen anything which fills me with confidence that Beerman will turn into a regular Rangers player.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Look at the clusterfuck of a backpass Ross McCrorie made against Hamilton. Pass the ball to no-one without looking up at who is around you. Young players make mistakes.

Not the only time he has been slack with passes, it happens, i love his reaction to doing it though and how he usually sprints back to retrieve the ball.

People are far too harsh on Beerman, threw in at the deep end and actually had a few decent games before that nightmare.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not the only time he has been slack with passes, it happens, i love his reaction to doing it though and how he usually sprints back to retrieve the ball.

People are far too harsh on Beerman, threw in at the deep end and actually had a few decent games before that nightmare.

The same people who demand the youths be given a chance are the same ones who slag them off after a bad game. It's mental. My favourites though are those who slag off prospective signings when they haven't even seen them play. Mind boggling.

I guess no one could have envisaged McCrorie being a part of our first team squad let alone the impact he has made to now become a regular and deserved first team starter. It would seem the loan has helped McCrorie.

Hopefully some first team football, experience, being away from us and using McCrorie as an example of what is possible can bring him on. If he works hard he'll have a chance. Good luck to him.

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I guess no one could have envisaged McCrorie being a part of our first team squad let alone the impact he has made to now become a regular and deserved first team starter. It would seem the loan has helped McCrorie.

Hopefully some first team football, experience, being away from us and using McCrorie as an example of what is possible can bring him on. If he works hard he'll have a chance. Good luck to him.

I wrote this about the pair of them a year ago:

McCrorie

"Captain of the Development side and a regular for Scotland U19s, Ross McCrorie has spent the bulk of this season playing in a slightly less familiar right back role to accommodate David Bates and Aidan Wilson in central defence. Bates is due to return to parent club Raith Rovers imminently so it could see McCrorie return to central defence. Comfortable in possession and happy to go forward in support of the attackers, McCrorie could be a feature of Rangers’ defence for years to come."

Beerman

"The Maltese former Man City youth has immediately impressed after joining the club in August. Making the left back berth his own in Murty’s side, Beerman has given an extra attacking dimension to the U20s and can play anywhere on the left side of the pitch. Great going forward, Beerman is just as confident defensively and is viewed by some as a long term successor to Lee Wallace. Beerman’s attack-mindedness would mesh well with Barrie McKay in the senior side and at only 17 years old has time on his side to continue his development."

https://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/1/5/14176142/five-Rangers-youngsters-who-could-make-the-breakthrough-in-2017

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

12 months ago we sent Ross McCrorie to Dumbarton on loan

We’ve unearthed a diamond in McCrorie. Beerman had a chance last season although to be fair I don’t think left back is his best position, I think he would be better further forward, (same as Declan John imo) I don’t see any sign of him coming back even into the squad, he can’t be rated above anyone who is in it.

Nothing against Beerman, maybe “obscurity” was too strong a word, but most of the young guys who go out on loan don’t come back and make it, do they? 

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

We’ve unearthed a diamond in McCrorie. Beerman had a chance last season although to be fair I don’t think left back is his best position, I think he would be better further forward, (same as Declan John imo) I don’t see any sign of him coming back even into the squad, he can’t be rated above anyone who is in it.

Nothing against Beerman, maybe “obscurity” was too strong a word, but most of the young guys who go out on loan don’t come back and make it, do they? 

Neither do most of the young guys who are in the academy.

He's playing a position he only really started playing when he moved here. Murty definitely rates him very highly. This season he's had a bit of trouble with injury and hasn't played anything close to as regularly as he did last term so it's a bit unfair to say he's "can't be rated above anyone who is in" the squad when much of the time he's been injured.

Not to mention that he's not long turned 18 and his development (in the short term) would be better served playing games when fit with the 20s than going along with the first-team just to make up the numbers.