Sheffield United v Wednesday

G.E.C.

Just now, Henders82 said:

hoof ball after hoof ball, pish!

Thought this might have a bit of blood and thunder to it, you wouldn't even know it's a local derby.

Not surprising.

5 minutes in a United player ploughed in and battered a ball off a Wednesday player and it barely got a whimper from the crowd.

11 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

They wore that one back in the 60s I remember.

You obviously go back further than me, but I was thinking more of the early 90s kit worn by the likes of Hirst, Sheridan and Waddle, when the Sheffield derby had a bit of fire & steel with the two teams in the top division.

1 minute ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

You obviously go back further than me, but I was thinking more of the early 90s kit worn by the likes of Hirst, Sheridan and Waddle, when the Sheffield derby had a bit of fire & steel with the two teams in the top division.

I probably do :lol: 

For some reason I recall Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup Final in I think 1966, only players I can think of are Jim  McCalliog and the goalie Ron Springett.

Can remember United having a good team in the 70s to 80s with players like Tony Currie and Trevor Hockey.

33 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I probably do :lol: 

For some reason I recall Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup Final in I think 1966, only players I can think of are Jim  McCalliog and the goalie Ron Springett.

Can remember United having a good team in the 70s to 80s with players like Tony Currie and Trevor Hockey.

Tony Currie was some  player in his heyday.