Lee Wallace

MrMckee

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

He did well in his first season and Papac was still playing well.

He was 23, had a good reputation, was on the cusp of the national team and was attracting Premier League interest when we signed him. Lower league football killed him.

Seemed clear he was going to be Papac's long term replacement

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's been out for three months and has had two surgeries, one on his stomach and the other on his groin injury, but aye never injured, okay very good.  

This is his 7th season and first time he has missed any significant time.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's been out for three months and has had two surgeries, one on his stomach and the other on his groin injury, but aye never injured, okay very good.  

The stats never lie.  Wallace is far from injury prone. 

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Always strange how some are determined to be harsh on Wallace, his time may well be coming to an end but he can hold his head high about his Rangers career regardless and there's not been many players in recent times that can do that

I would not disagree with that but he's missed almost 6 months, is 30 and sometimes the body takes longer to recover and in addition he was better going forward than he was in defensive.   

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I would not disagree with that but he's missed almost 6 months, is 30 and sometimes the body takes longer to recover and in addition he was better going forward than he was in defensive.   

Like has been clarified it's his first major injury absence so I'm willing to give it a bit more time before deciding that he's finished

I dont want Lee Wallace to walk back into the first team when he is fit... on a playing level, nothing personal.

He isnt great at LB... but does make some decent runs going forward.

However, he wont be match fit and able to do those runs. So not sure whst role he could play.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

I dont want Lee Wallace to walk back into the first team when he is fit... on a playing level, nothing personal.

He isnt great at LB... but does make some decent runs going forward.

However, he wont be match fit and able to do those runs. So not sure whst role he could play.

He isn't great, but he's better than John

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Regardless of whether he gets 10 years, he should get a testimonial type game when he leaves. Legend.

I'd agree with that and I'm not one to be overly sentimental about players, him deciding to stay on when he did was a massive boost at such a difficult time

9 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

In what way is Wallace better than John?

pace? John

final ball? John

Technical ability? John

defending? Both poor

Defending, far better.

pace, Wallace is hardly slow himself. 

Final ball, just the same. 

Technical ability, John a bit more skilful I’ll give you that.

Just now, GOAT said:

Defending, far better.

pace, Wallace is hardly slow himself. 

Final ball, just the same. 

Technical ability, John a bit more skilful I’ll give you that.

Wallace definitely not slow but John is rapid. Final ball I can’t remember Wallace putting in a decent cross on a consistent basis. 

Dont get get me wrong I really like Lee Wallace, but he should not get a place in the team until it is warranted and I just can’t see it right now. 

2 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

Wallace definitely not slow but John is rapid. Final ball I can’t remember Wallace putting in a decent cross on a consistent basis.

Dont get get me wrong I really like Lee Wallace, but he should not get a place in the team until it is warranted and I just can’t see it right now. 

Neither does John.  The one thing that always annoyed me about Wallace, he always ends up on the overlap and gets the ball and cuts it back and there’s no one there.  Whether that’s Wallace’s fault or our strikers fault I don’t know.