Rocksport - Steven Davis

RDFM

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Brown Brogues said:

He's a rat bastard though....

He is  however we gave 7-thousand rat bastards their jollies in our Broomloan Stand yesterday and however many more watching on the telly - I'd take one rat bastard back to end days like yesterday. Bigger picture is all. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

He is  however we gave 7-thousand rat bastards their jollies in our Broomloan Stand yesterday and however many more watching on the telly - I'd take one rat bastard back to end days like yesterday. Bigger picture is all. 

Yeah I agree totally, but its usually the first thing people say when guys like Davis are mentioned. We need to do whatever we can to win the league as soon as possible, and Davis still has a lot to offer imo.

8 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

Yeah I agree totally, but its usually the first thing people say when guys like Davis are mentioned. We need to do whatever we can to win the league as soon as possible, and Davis still has a lot to offer imo.

cant argue with that but at the same time there are other options other than Davis and id rather go with someone who hasnt already stabbed us in the back 

if he was willing to come for cheap that would be fair enough but hes 33 and not getting any younger so its not unlikely wed be selling him on for a profit in a few years

dont see why theres such a thing with us about wanting to bring back ex players, traitor or not, id rather see fresh young faces than sign someone that i would have a level of mistrust towards and have a grudge against from the get go

14 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

cant argue with that but at the same time there are other options other than Davis and id rather go with someone who hasnt already stabbed us in the back 

if he was willing to come for cheap that would be fair enough but hes 33 and not getting any younger so its not unlikely wed be selling him on for a profit in a few years

dont see why theres such a thing with us about wanting to bring back ex players, traitor or not, id rather see fresh young faces than sign someone that i would have a level of mistrust towards and have a grudge against from the get go

I appreciate that he is not a youngster but I can't off the top of my head think of many we could afford that would do the job and would come here. If we could get someone younger who could and then be sold on then that's ideal 

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

For me it would have to be on a bosman, i wouldnt want the club to pay a fee due to his age, plus he will be on a decent wage, could be a costly excersise with no sell on value.

I agree with most of the second part, In an ideal world we would be in a postion to move on from players like davis, but due to our current finances i think we need to swallow our pride, but only if they would improve us. We definitely dodged a bullet with Naismith, he looks finished to me.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Spot on. 

Whatever it takes from this day on now. Players, Managers, investors  etc,  just whatever the fuck it takes to put us back where we belong.