This summers rebuild mk5

K.A.I

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Obviously we won't have such an enormous clear out but in an ideal world:

KEEP (15):

• Tavernier - Arguably our best player.
  • McCrorie - Future Rangers captain. One of the first names on the team sheet who could be one of the best talents Scotland has produced in years.
  • Candeias - There's no argument about this lad anymore. Build the team around his partnership with Tavernier. Integral to our play.
  • Morelos - Good player with a lot to learn. His qualities - and weaknesses - are obvious but for £8m+ we should sell.
  • Murphy - His quality and experience shines through. He's done an injustice with the shite surrounding him.
  • Cummings - He's obviously good enough for Scottish football but I have my doubts that he's ever going to be a regular starter for us. Happy to be proven wrong.
  • Dorrans - It's unfair to judge him on his time under Caixinha. Like Murphy, he'd shine with quality around him.
  • Docherty - Future star but needs to be given more freedom. He's a box-to-box midfielder and isn't being utilised correctly.
  • Windass - I'm tired of this cunt but 16 goals from midfield this season makes it difficult to say he should be punted.
  • John - Good going forward, shite defensively. 2nd choice left back at most. I wouldn't mind seeing him play further forward.
  • Bates - Doesn't get enough credit. The best centre half in our squad and his rapid improvement is astonishing. Give him quality competition in his position.
  • Jack - Unconvinced but hardly a bad player to have.
  • Holt - Useful squad player.
  • Alnwick - Is there really any point in selling him if he's willing to be backup?
  • Kelly - Keep him playing in the development squad. 3rd keeper that'll likely never be called upon.

OUT (20):

• Alves - Get him to fuck. He's finished and doesn't care about Rangers at all.
  • Kranjcar - Retire.
  • Rossiter - Nothing personal but it simply can't go on anymore.
  • Dodoo - Nothing personal. Not good enough and will never get a look in.
  • Forrester - Waster.
  • Hodson - Horrendous.
  • Dalcio - Embarrassing. Convinced he was brought in to help Cardoso settle.
  • Pena - The most difficult player to get rid of. Complete enigma that we can't waste any more time on.
  • Herrera - One of the worst strikers to ever wear our jersey. Jon Daly in the Second Division would genuinely be a better option.
  • Miller - Retire.
  • Hardie - Nothing personal. He's found his level and needs to play.
  • Thompson - Nothing personal. Disappointing that it didn't work out.
  • Wallace - Legend. But we can't keep him solely for sentimental value. He's on his way out and I can see him retiring within a few seasons.
  • Foderingham - I've defended him since day one and been one of his biggest fans but his errors outweigh his impressive shot stopping ability. Sell for good money.
  • Cardoso - Jersey is too heavy for him. He could still be a decent player but we have no time to waste.
  • Martin - Nice guy but not the standard we need. His wages wouldn't be fitting of a backup role.
  • Halliday - Nothing personal but clearly nowhere near good enough.
  • Goss - Luxury player that's been found out.
  • O'Halloran - Offers nothing and is alienated for a reason. 
  • Barjonas - Loan him out.

Our priority is a quality manager first and foremost. A quality goalkeeper, two top quality centre backs, and a quality left back should be brought in before any other position.

Agree with most of the player assesments with the exception of Tav and Docherty but when we are analysing about 35-players not everyone's going to agree on all 35-players. Good post. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with most of the player assesments with the exception of Tav and Docherty but when we are analysing about 35-players not everyone's going to agree on all 35-players. Good post. 

That's fair enough. I'm not arrogant enough to pretend to be oblivious to why other people might have some reservations about Tavernier's defensive game. Docherty I do believe in wholeheartedly but as you said we aren't going to agree on everything.

On 18/03/2018 at 17:31, Courtyard Bear said:

We can’t afford a major rebuild, it will be a tinker around the edges. 

Most of any money should be spent on getting a experienced manager and what it costs to pay him. 

Everyone said that 12 months ago.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:58, K.A.I said:

The fact we have 35 players is a scandal in itself. The amount of wastage in there is unbelievable.