Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DBBTB said:

The impatience that people show every time that it looks like somebody is coming into the club is absolutely hilarious. These things take times and usually take days to work out. It doesn’t happen in a few hours.

It does in Football Manager, so it should in real life :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You should have a look in the boardroom section cunts that think they’re ITK talking about admin one saying it’s been loosely discussed at boardroom level, if they really are in the know and the clubs as fucked as they say then there’s no chance Gerrard is coming here...

if he does takes the job fuds rattling on about admin should be banned for being shit stirring, pish talking nobody’s ?

Something that’s always surprised  me is the number of chartered accountants and business law experts who have popped up since 2012. I didn’t realise it was a such a sought after career path or pastime to so many people. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The impatience that people show every time that it looks like somebody is coming into the club is absolutely hilarious. These things take times and usually take days to work out. It doesn’t happen in a few hours.

Especially when he said himself on live TV he was coming back today for talks. The season isn't even over yet ffs :lol:

15 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You should have a look in the boardroom section cunts that think they’re ITK talking about admin one saying it’s been loosely discussed at boardroom level, if they really are in the know and the clubs as fucked as they say then there’s no chance Gerrard is coming here...

if he does takes the job fuds rattling on about admin should be banned for being shit stirring, pish talking nobody’s ?

Zero chance of administration when were in talks with Gerrard. 

Hardly go in that part of the forum

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

if he does take the job fuds rattling on about admin should be banned for being shit stirring, pish talking nobody’s ?

Mate, some are just absolutely busting for this all to fail.

Like he would even know what gets talked about in the board room, nevermind anything like that :sarcasm:

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Mate, some are just absolutely busting for this all to fail.

Like he would even know what gets talked about in the board room, nevermind anything like that :sarcasm:

Absolute bawbags mate.

33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

if he does take the job fuds rattling on about admin should be banned for being shit stirring, pish talking nobody’s ?

The guy talking about admin knows his stuff..

he’s pals with Young Bill with the magic quill...

I’m sure if he was to be banned it would be for the first time :sarcasm:

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

He's being unveiled at 12pm tomorrow if Twitter rumours are worth paying attention to which they're probably not.

Has Back up confirmed that will be before or after Admin?

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

He's being unveiled at 12pm tomorrow if Twitter rumours are worth paying attention to which they're probably not.

Bit of a mix up tbh.

The appointed administrators are called Mcallister and Gerrard..

1 hour ago, I-AM-ONE said:

Are you for real?

I think your understating the competition in our league, to expect a "competent" manager to get 3 points every game against everyone not celtic is the exact reason why cunts will hound Gerrard out the moment he suffers his first loss.

All that statement does is show how fucking inept this current board are at running this club that the team is going toe 2 toe with Hibs and Aberdeen for 2nd.

Gerrard has done nothing to prove any type of competency as a senior level manager, especially under the microscope and pressure he will get with us, and even a competent manager would struggle to get the best out of this current lot, there is still very big question marks on how much funding he will be given to recruit, and just because he's Gerrard doesn't mean players will come up here just for him, those type of days are gone - if they aren't being given good enough offers they'll fuck off elsewhere it's that simple and loaning a bunch of players because of his connections solves fuck all as there is likely hood again, they will fuck and leave us high and dry at the end.

While there is no doubt we can get back to challenging them for the title that is still very dependant on the getting the right man in for the job and also having the money to compete to recruit the right players.

And after the shit show King has so far presented, I'm dubious things will improve whilst he's in charge.  Without the proper backing the job here is fucking difficult we need to get that straight and stop thinking it's going to be an easy turnaround to get us back in the title race.

The job is difficult but far from impossible. He will need significant backing, no doubt about it. 

If (and I concede it’s an if) he is the type of coach who can galvanise a squad and get the best out of it while improving younger talent then he can challenge, and challenge very quickly. 

It was only 5-6 weeks we were a win away from being 3pts behind them and the race was on. 

For me, we need 3/4 leaders signed, two of them Centre halfs for sure. Lift the morale and confidence of players such as Tav, Murphy, Docherty and Morelos and we are on our way. 

Gerrrard’s stature in the game will help get these 3/4 leaders signed and i long for the day they all walk into that dressing room together and galvanise the club. 

Will be a tough job as we have a lot of shite on our books that some have been convincing themselves are superstars I expect a big turnover of players which can cause its own problems.

8 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I hope so but don't see it being tomorrow hopefully they get over whatever issues remain and he can possibly sign tomorrow.

I don't see the harm in waiting another week tho obviously as long as the deals signed.

Week on Monday I'd do it if it was ma decision

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I hope so but don't see it being tomorrow hopefully they get over whatever issues remain and he can possibly sign tomorrow.

I don't see the harm in waiting another week tho obviously as long as the deals signed.

Why would you wait? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yes, everyone knows that long periods of uncertainty are just what companies need.

Archived