***** The Official Ryder Cup 2018 Thread *****

Decent order for the singles although id probably have led with poulter, then rory and possibly casey and then a few rookies, still though looking at the matchups europe should be winning this from here

However the yanks had the same feeling at medinah..................... 

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

He's playing Mickleson as well and if you could pick an opponent based on poor form so far you would pick him.

He must surely have the bet up now if its each way given its only fleetwood that can beat him, no one else is close think, maybe an odd 3 but i cant think who

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

oft 

I presume with Each Way he got top 4. On that basis the Each Way part is guaranteed. The win is also guaranteed if Fleetwood loses or Molinari wins. Molinari and Fleetwood are on 4 points and Thomas and Spieth are on 3 points. No one else can catch them.

That said Molinari vs Mickelson IMO is the most one sided match tomorrow. The ONLY thing that stops Molinari winning is fatigue but even then Mickelson will miss most fairways and fall apart so I would fully expect Molinari to win. However Fleetwood could very well win too so it might be a dead heat winner plus Each Way return, which to be fair won't be too shabby!

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I presume with Each Way he got top 4. On that basis the Each Way part is guaranteed. The win is also guaranteed if Fleetwood loses or Molinari wins. Molinari and Fleetwood are on 4 points and Thomas and Spieth are on 3 points. No one else can catch them.

That said Molinari vs Mickelson IMO is the most one sided match tomorrow. The ONLY thing that stops Molinari winning is fatigue but even then Mickelson will miss most fairways and fall apart so I would fully expect Molinari to win. However Fleetwood could very well win too so it might be a dead heat winner plus Each Way return, which to be fair won't be too shabby!

aye 800 for the each way I've got it at and over 3k for the win

some fucking bet man 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

aye 800 for the each way I've got it at and over 3k for the win

some fucking bet man 

Superb bet although as mental as it sounds you'd still be a little gutted if Molinari AND Fleetwood win and you get the dead heat. Very rarely do you get 5 out of 5 points but for 2 players to do it it's even more unique! He's going to be rolling in it regardless though...........

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Superb bet although as mental as it sounds you'd still be a little gutted if Molinari AND Fleetwood win and you get the dead heat. Very rarely do you get 5 out of 5 points but for 2 players to do it it's even more unique! He's going to be rolling in it regardless though...........

he was a big fat bastard with a chef uniform n 5 aside trainers on. clearly a peado. but now a rich peado 

I think on paper USA have the best players overall. although it's really close. I also think they will feel more comfortable in singles effectively playing for themselves. However, many of them just aren't used to courses like Paris. They are just used to bombing drives into the rough, everywhere and anywhere, and still being able to stick it in tight on the PGA. If they go in the rough here, they're dead. In fairness a few of our guys have found it tough too. It's not surprising though. It's a tough course.

Should be interesting. The first few matches are obviously key and will set the tone. The first few games could go either way........

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'll raise you this...............

That is just ridiculous, should go back to GB and I after Brexit. I just don't get false support for TeamEurope - still it is a good format, would like to see the return of the old Dunhill cup with national teams playing at St Andrews in October. 

13 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That is just ridiculous, should go back to GB and I after Brexit. I just don't get false support for TeamEurope - still it is a good format, would like to see the return of the old Dunhill cup with national teams playing at St Andrews in October. 

We’d get absolutely mullered every other year if it was GB & I in my opinion. I don’t know the numbers but I’d hedge a bet to say the Americans have at least 10 times the number of pro golfers than ??

7 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

We’d get absolutely mullered every other year if it was GB & I in my opinion. I don’t know the numbers but I’d hedge a bet to say the Americans have at least 10 times the number of pro golfers than ??

That's a pretty fair point. You'd be looking at something like Casey, McIlroy, Rose, Fleetwood, Poulter, Hatton, Fitzpatrick, Fisher, Wallace, Lowry, Sullivan & Knox with guys like Westwood, Dunne, Donald, McDowell, Harrington, Donaldson, Ramsey, Gallacher, Laird, Lewis, Horsey etc trying to get in. It wouldn't be terrible but USA would be massive massive favourites................

48 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Sometimes feel it's more anti-usa arrogance that fuels and unites the Europeans. Instead of European pride.

15 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Hole in one with that comment.

Nah I don’t buy into that, it all started to go mental in 99 at Brookline. I think the Yanks set a the future tone there. The abuse Monty took and the behaviour of the team when Leonard sank the putt, running over the green when Olazabal still had a putt for a half. I quite like it. The Europeans know what to expect when they’re stateside and vice versa here. It makes winning away much sweeter, bit like pumping the scum at the tattiedome. 

2 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Nah I don’t buy into that, it all started to go mental in 99 at Brookline. I think the Yanks set a the future tone there. The abuse Monty took and the behaviour of the team when Leonard sank the putt, running over the green when Olazabal still had a putt for a half. I quite like it. The Europeans know what to expect when they’re stateside and vice versa here. It makes winning away much sweeter, bit like pumping the scum at the tattiedome. 

Aren't you agreeing with us then? Their dislike for USA fuels them...

I doubt many fans are bursting with European pride.