Gerrard Tactics Breakdown

BlueKnight87

Interesting stuff . 

Before Saturday it did seem a weird stat of such a poor start , as it was at odds from what I was watching , although a lot of that was dropping 4 points to two last minute goals . 

Worth bearing in mind it's still early days , and despite a couple of dodgy performances , I'm more than happy where we are . 

29 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Interesting stuff . 

Before Saturday it did seem a weird stat of such a poor start , as it was at odds from what I was watching , although a lot of that was dropping 4 points to two last minute goals . 

Worth bearing in mind it's still early days , and despite a couple of dodgy performances , I'm more than happy where we are . 

The poor start in the league isn’t great but the media overstated it. They really loved pointing out it’s our worst league start since 1989 but failed to point out we won the league that year under Souness.

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

The poor start in the league isn’t great but the media overstated it. They really loved pointing out it’s our worst league start since 1989 but failed to point out we won the league that year under Souness.

Very true . We also didn't have a great start when Souness first arrived , again winning the league . These things take time and we are still at a very early stage . 

The scum got us on a weakened and tired day .That along with Collum being the ref.Was always going to be a tough one 

The pleasing thing is .The scum haven't evolved on their last few seasons .They are coming back at a rapid rate 

They still see us as the team they have to beat but are very capable of relaxing for many other games now 

Consistency is the key for me

Get WWWWW and we are always going to be on their tails applying the necessary pressure 

At 6/1 to win the league ..For the first time in 7 years.That is definitely worth backing 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good wee listen that. 

He made 2 mistakes and it’s cost us 4 points, you could say he’s been unlucky to have been punished so much for those mistakes. 

Aye we have lost 4 points but don't you feel a damn sight better with the gaffer in charge? i know I sure as hell do and most of our problems have not been our play but our refs.

13 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Aye we have lost 4 points but don't you feel a damn sight better with the gaffer in charge? i know I sure as hell do and most of our problems have not been our play but our refs.

Lot better mate, I knew he would make mistakes just a touch perturbed he made the same mistake twice more or less and got punished in the exact same way. 

We still have to find a way to control games when we aren’t playing well but that will come with better players and the squad just getting to know each other better. 

Good wee watch.  We are way more solid and a much better team than we were last year.  Our league position doesn't do us justice right now.

I think this team is capable of going on a decent winning run and puttin real pressure on them this year, The tarriers don't like pressure, they are notorious bottle merchants.  If we don't get complacent, this could be our year.  It's still the way too early to tell, but I feel way more confident than I did over the past few seasons.