And So How Far Have We Now Come

BridgeIsBlue

11 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

What price a 33 year old Carzorla in this Rangers team. What a fkn ball player. 

I know what you’re saying & he did set up their 2nd.

For me, it seemed like he’d brought a lot of Arsenal’s style to Villarreal - they were strolling around as if it was just going to happen for them.

Except it didn’t!

And our guys did really well to keep them within range, until our opportunities came.

Couple of welcome bits of clinical finishing were just reward for us.

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

I know what you’re saying & he did set up their 2nd.

For me, it seemed like he’d brought a lot of Arsenal’s style to Villarreal - they were strolling around as if it was just going to happen for them.

Except it didn’t!

And our guys did really well to keep them within range, until our opportunities came.

Couple of welcome bits of clinical finishing were just reward for us.

Tbf he can't do much when two diddies up front miss glaring chances, carzorla was outstanding last night, dominated our midfield and probably didnt break sweat 

15 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Wasn't  happy at all with the first half. Players looked to have no belief when they had the ball and kept giving it away cheaply but full credit to them second half, they came out and gave us performance to be proud of

I think it was a bit deceiving tbh.  It did look we were under the cost in that first half,  but when they showed the highlights at HT all they could show , other than the goal , was a bread and butter shot 5 minutes from HT . 

Other than the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half and injury time , I thought we contained them pretty well .

Wigan playing Bristol city on sky, the cameras panned onto Joey Garner & Josh Windass warming up together......18month ago they were warming up together for Rangers.....results like last night would never have been achieved if guys like that were still at our club....like it or lump it but lower level championship suits these guys to a T

47 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

farWigan playing Bristol city on sky, the cameras panned onto Joey Garner & Josh Windass warming up together......18month ago they were warming up together for Rangers.....results like last night would never have been achieved if guys like that were still at our club....like it or lump it but lower level championship suits these guys to a T

You know,  this post shows just how far we have progressed under Gerard, well said Hammer93, and a very good reflection on how  far we have come.