Anyone know this cunt?

GOAT

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

some folk just want to watch a game of fitba you know. Get up in the morning, bacon roll and head out the door for a few beers with the mates and head up to the game not giving a fuck about any other team or what they do or say.

some want to do more, say more, act more - than just watch the fitba and that's also fine.

There is nothing anybody from any party/council etc can do if we score more goals than the opposition on the day we play them and win stuff, cups, leagues and the like, that is good enough for loads of people and that should be respected by fellow bears.

So stopping Rangers in its attempts to raise revenue doesn’t have an adverse effect on the club, while they give our closest rivals a helping hand. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Aye I fear for our support too, when only a small section of our support contribute to any sort of atmosphere in Ibrox for a full 90mins at every home game. I play my part. 

No doubt you just sit quietly throughout the game before pissing off 20mins early, that's if you even go. Part time-supporter at best, but more likely an obsessed taig. 

😂😂 Comedy Gold. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So stopping Rangers in its attempts to raise revenue doesn’t have an adverse effect on the club, while they give our closest rivals a helping hand. 

is that the Fanzone? 

anything else? football wise 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So they are happy to see their team held under by their political party. The same singleminded xenophobic bigoted belief inside their party that stretches far beyond just Rangers FC. 

So in a nutshell those that don’t waver are so blinded by that one goal of independence they will stomach anything their party will do. That is a very dangerous stance to take in any society and should be shunned. 

You talk about democracy there, we had a democratic vote they lost. Remember that once in a lifetime vote, my god it’s been a short life. 

Happy? You did read my whole post, right? Including the bit where I said 'disappointed'.

There's nothing inherently single minded about being disappointed by some aspects of your movement or party, but ultimately believing it's best for you. Quite the opposite, actually, if you can both vote for it and admit its failings. There's no way that's more single minded than some of the angry Unionists you get on here. Maybe it's telling that you want to put such a complicated decision in a nutshell, I dunno.

They're not blinded, but regard other things as more important and/or have a different take on things (like 'xenophobia', or whatever else) and weigh up the importance of different thing differently to you. This is not dangerous, it's the essence of democracy. As for democratic votes, this is getting down to the specifics of differing opinions, which as I say, is besides the point.

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

if it bothers folk that some fans support Scottish Nationalism, and they can't handle folk voting, in a democracy, for what's best for them and their circumstances, then that's their problem. 

Again, I appreciate your logic. However, I don't think it's a question of "their problem" or "our problem". If the SNP eventually get their way it will be everyone's problem. 

Isn't it simply a matter (for many of us) of feeling passionately about something that's a part of you (i.e. Rangers FC, The Rangers Family, a strong sense of identity and heritage) and being disappointed that part of your club's support actively promote (and help give oxygen to) an entity that you can see is damaging (and could potentially be disastrous) to your club, community, country.

If you can see a nefarious, small-minded political party pushing a harmful agenda then surely it's important to try to enlighten those who might be misguided enough to believe its hollow rhetoric, twisted patriotism and empty promises. Before it's too late. 

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

Again, I appreciate your logic. However, I don't think it's a question of "their problem" or "our problem". If the SNP eventually get their way it will be everyone's problem. 

Isn't it simply a matter (for many of us) of feeling passionately about something that's a part of you (i.e. Rangers FC, The Rangers Family, a strong sense of identity and heritage) and being disappointed that part of your club's support actively promote (and help give oxygen to) an entity that you can see is damaging (and could potentially be disastrous) to your club, community, country.

If you can see a nefarious, small-minded political party pushing a harmful agenda then surely it's important to try to enlighten those who might be misguided enough to believe its hollow rhetoric, twisted patriotism and empty promises. Before it's too late. 

Labour and the Tories have also both pushed agendas which have specifically harmed the club or the wider support.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

is that the Fanzone? 

anything else? football wise 

You have seen around Ibrox compared to Scum FC. What did they make from the commonwealth games in terms of money saved as they didn’t need to redevelop their surroundings what did they make for the opening ceremony?? 

Why do they get full access to the Emirates Arena as if it’s an extension to parkhead. 

Have we ever had an answer on the golden handshake land deals. 

All given to them by a compliant GCC saving them 10s of millions which they have used to keep us down. 

While we scrimp and scrap to bring Ibrox up to date and can’t even get some potholing done around Ibrox for the commonwealth games. 

1 hour ago, BF1 said:

Loyal to no party. You one of those muppets that tries to merge football and politics together?

:lol: 

is there a reason you’re annoyed today? 

And to answer your question, yes, but I only see the truth when it in front of my eyes. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You have seen around Ibrox compared to Scum FC. What did they make from the commonwealth games in terms of money saved as they didn’t need to redevelop their surroundings what did they make for the opening ceremony?? 

Why do they get full access to the Emirates Arena as if it’s an extension to parkhead. 

All given to them by a compliant GCC saving them 10s of millions which they have used to keep us down. 

While we scrimp and scrap to bring Ibrox up to date and can’t even get some potholing done around Ibrox for the commonwealth games. 

As I said, some of us couldn't give a fuck what happens with other clubs. What specific policies from any party have actively harmed our club? not what has benefitted others, harmed us.... 

or is it still Ok to watch a game of fitba and score more goals than the opposition? so we win stuff

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Thats not what i meant by 'their problem', though. If they can't handle disagreement it it's their problem, is my point. The actual effect of policies isn't anything to do with the point I was making.

But as for that, as for the SNP getting their way, clearly their voters don't think there'll be a problem. Again, differences of opinion... not the point.

Regards your second paragraph, yes. Presumably that's why, as I said, the nationalists I refer to are disappointed.

Regards your last paragraph, absolutely. Nothing wrong with you making an argument in a democracy, just as there's nothing wrong with others seeing it differently.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Are the scum not one of the facilities most used by GCC for meetings and conferences iirc.?

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Happy? You did read my whole post, right? Including the bit where I said 'disappointed'.

There's nothing inherently single minded about being disappointed by some aspects of your movement or party, but ultimately believing it's best for you. Quite the opposite, actually, if you can both vote for it and admit its failings. There's no way that's more single minded than some of the angry Unionists you get on here. Maybe it's telling that you want to put such a complicated decision in a nutshell, I dunno.

They're not blinded, but regard other things as more important and/or have a different take on things (like 'xenophobia', or whatever else) and weigh up the importance of different thing differently to you. This is not dangerous, it's the essence of democracy. As for democratic votes, this is getting down to the specifics of differing opinions, which as I say, is besides the point.

So you see things from your point of view. 

Why then complain when some of us see things from our point of view. 

My view is how anyone can vote for the shambles that is the SNP is beyond me, unless your only aim is independence at any cost and to hell with the country until we achieve that. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Labour and the Tories have also both pushed agendas which have specifically harmed the club or the wider support.

what like?

specifically about Rangers, not how others benefit, how this has harmed us.  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

As I said, some of us couldn't give a fuck what happens with other clubs. What specific policies from any party have actively harmed our club? not what has benefitted others, harmed us.... 

or is it still Ok to watch a game of fitba and score more goals than the opposition? so we win stuff

You can’t see who them getting helped by the same city council that do nothing to help us isn’t harming us. 

Really. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why wouldnt you give a fuck about any other club when issues are being highlighted which may affect them positively to our detriment?

Sorry but if theres 2 main players in Scotland and one is being benefitted it's a nonsense to suggest the other isnt being harmed. Helping one financially directly affects financial competitiveness of the other.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

what like?

specifically about Rangers, not how others benefit, how this has harmed us.  

Jack McConnel's 'anti-sectarianism' drive which only seemed to look at us and started us down the path to OBFA.

Brexit is the easy one for the Tories given that it's going to harm every single football club in the country with the likely loss of Bosmans to us, restrictions on foreign players, and all sorts of other problems that will come from it. Then there's many of their policies that could be viewed as harming the working class (who make a huge swathe of the support) 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Surely if our opponents are being given benefits it harms us ? 

Archived