Anyone know this cunt?

GOAT

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Are the scum not one of the facilities most used by GCC for meetings and conferences iirc.?

I’m sure when this was looked at 90% of the council business goes to the scum. 

Which is hardly surprising when Glasgow votes in a Republican/SNP/Nationalist controlled council. We all know they can’t see past their bigotry to look after all their constituents, only the ones they think they get a vote from. 

There recent approval of allowing an IRA recruitment march through Glasgow should tell you all you need to know about them.

But never mind mate, it’s all for the best. Once they get their 20th once in a lifetime referendum and finally get the result they want Scotland will be a utopia. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Labour and the Tories have also both pushed agendas which have specifically harmed the club or the wider support.

You possibly have a point, though taking it in isolation like that is a bit silly tbh.

The Labour and Tory policies that may have had a detrimental effect on our support are far less direct, nefarious or dangerous than the situation with the SNP. Specifically, no Labour or Tory government has had a specific anti-Rangers or anti-Protestant agenda -unlike that which is ingrained in the fabric of the SNP. Rather, they have (arguably) passed legislation that sidelines people in the provinces (be it central Scotland, the Midlands, the North East, Wales, Nth Ireland etc etc). Plenty of non-Scots moan just as much about  those parties.

Also, crucially, you are talking about nationwide UK governments who come and go, getting voted in or out (as per a democratic structure) and allowing a fresh shower of career politicians to come in and fuck about for four years. 

This is an entirely different matter. The stakes are MASSIVE here. If the SNP achieve independence there is no way back and the house of cards will crumble, leaving Scotland isolated and financially poorer. And running to Westminster for a multi-billion handout just like the Irish were forced to do. And that's aside from the freedom the SNP will have domestically to step up its petty minded snipes at those still identifying with the Union. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not disputing that, but the Tories ARE in power in the UK and we are still part of the UK. 

So what is your point then. 

The current UK government is a shambles in fact the whole of Westminster is a laughing stock, the whole idea of a devolved Scottish Parliament was to stop any one UK government from having all the power. If the SNP actually used their power for the benefit of country instead of their continual independence drum banging we might have a country we could be proud of. 

No matter the mess in London. 

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

You possibly have a point, though taking it in isolation like that is a bit silly tbh.

The Labour and Tory policies that may have had a detrimental effect on our support are far less direct, nefarious or dangerous than the situation with the SNP. Specifically, no Labour or Tory government has had a specific anti-Rangers or anti-Protestant agenda -unlike that which is ingrained in the fabric of the SNP. Rather, they have (arguably) passed legislation that sidelines people in the provinces (be it central Scotland, the Midlands, the North East, Wales, Nth Ireland etc etc). Plenty of non-Scots moan just as much about  those parties.

Also, crucially, you are talking about nationwide UK governments who come and go, getting voted in or out (as per a democratic structure) and allowing a fresh shower of career politicians to come in and fuck about for four years. 

This is an entirely different matter. The stakes are MASSIVE here. If the SNP achieve independence there is no way back and the house of cards will crumble, leaving Scotland isolated and financially poorer. And running to Westminster for a multi-billion handout just like the Irish were forced to do. And that's aside from the freedom the SNP will have domestically to step up its petty minded snipes at those still identifying with the Union. 

We're also talking about a party in Scotland who can get voted out. If, as we consistently hear, the overwhelming majority of us are all pro-union and we're still the majority in the country then they'll be out on their arse before too long. 

Isolated and financially poorer is also the exact same way Brexit appears to be taking us. 

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thats not what i meant by 'their problem', though. If they can't handle disagreement it it's their problem, is my point. The actual effect of policies isn't anything to do with the point I was making.

But as for that, as for the SNP getting their way, clearly their voters don't think there'll be a problem. Again, differences of opinion... not the point.

Regards your second paragraph, yes. Presumably that's why, as I said, the nationalists I refer to are disappointed.

Regards your last paragraph, absolutely. Nothing wrong with you making an argument in a democracy, just as there's nothing wrong with others seeing it differently.

Fair enough mate. I will remain dismayed by yes voters within our support but ultimately everyone's entitled to their views.

I do genuinely wonder how passionate people must be about Rangers when they vote for a party with people like Susan Aitken, James Dornan and Humza Yousaf.

Not meaning in the sense of being a unionist or a nationalist but those are people in high places who actively hate your football club.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you see things from your point of view. 

Why then complain when some of us see things from our point of view. 

My view is how anyone can vote for the shambles that is the SNP is beyond me, unless your only aim is independence at any cost and to hell with the country until we achieve that. 

I'm not complaining at anything. I'm observing and making comment. Discussing on a forum etc. You and others think you can't vote SNP and be a Rangers fan, I'm disagreeing. That's kinda the reason we're interacting in this thread.

Some people think independence would improve things. So obviously they don't see it as 'at any cost'. Which is really the bottom line. I honestly don't think some folk get the idea that different people can look at the same issues and come to different conclusions. Clearly if folk thought independence would kill the country they wouldn't vote for it.

Most Yessers think independence would be of benefit to themselves. Most Unionists think the Union is of benefit themselves. Folk on both sides could do with acting with a bit of maturity regards that and discussing it with the other side rather than seeing the other side as a threat to getting their own way or their identity.

Actually, that's maybe the crux. The Rangers fans that don't want SNPers at Ibrox probably feel their identity is being threatened. The type of SNPer that goes likely doesn't see nationalism as a deep part of their identity, and Rangers fans that do see this as an identity issue can't get their heads round that. It's perhaps two sets of people that aren't on the same wavelength. 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

I do genuinely wonder how passionate people must be about Rangers when they vote for a party with people like Susan Aitken, James Dornan and Humza Yousaf.

Not meaning in the sense of being a unionist or a nationalist but those are people in high places who actively hate your football club.

And aren’t up the job never mind where their allegiance lie. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We're also talking about a party in Scotland who can get voted out. If, as we consistently hear, the overwhelming majority of us are all pro-union and we're still the majority in the country then they'll be out on their arse before too long. 

Not sure I follow.... Once we leave the Union that's that. There's no guarantees we'll be getting back in once we (as a country) realise that independence was the wrong move...

Just now, Inigo said:

I'm not complaining at anything. I'm observing and making comment. Discussing on a forum etc. You and others think you can't vote SNP and be a Rangers fan, I'm disagreeing. That's kinda the reason we're interacting in this thread.

Some people think independence would improve things. So obviously they don't see it as 'at any cost'. Which is really the bottom line. I honestly don't think some folk get the idea that different people can look at the same issues and come to different conclusions. Clearly if folk thought independence would kill the country they wouldn't vote for it.

Most Yessers think independence would be of benefit to themselves. Most Unionists think the Union is of benefit themselves. Folk on both sides could do with acting with a bit of maturity regards that and discussing it with the other side rather than seeing the other side as a threat to getting their own way or their identity.

Actually, that's maybe the crux. The Rangers fans that don't want SNPers at Ibrox probably feel their identity is being threatened. The type of SNPer that goes likely doesn't see nationalism as a deep part of their identity, and Rangers fans that do see this as an identity issue can't get their heads round that. It's perhaps two sets of people that aren't on the same wavelength. 

I honestly can’t see how you can allow people to hurt something that is such a huge part of your life, no. 

Rangers is more than just a football club I follow. It’s intertwined into my whole family life, probably too much if you listen to my wife. 

Anything that harms that harms me personally. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Do you think Lord Livingston of Parkhead, George Galloway or John Reid held us in high regard?

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

Not sure I follow.... Once we leave the Union that's that. There's no guarantees we'll be getting back in once we (as a country) realise that independence was the wrong move...

I have it on good authority from a rampant Yes voter that once we become independent the SNP will disband the next day and leave political life for good. 😂😂

He actually said it with a straight face as well. 

2 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

We keep hearing these SNP-types are only a tiny percent of our support. If our support is as large as we're always told it is, independence won't be a threat because all the union-supporting Rangers fans will vote it down...unless there's a far bigger portion of our support back it than some are perhaps willing to accept.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't know who that is, no and no.

Don't recall any of them doing anything to us like Aitken and Dornan have though.

Conservative life peer, former minister and celtic FC director.

John Reid pushing for HMRC to investigate our use of EBT (allegedly) isn't as bad as turning down a fanzone etc?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I honestly can’t see how you can allow people to hurt something that is such a huge part of your life, no. 

Rangers is more than just a football club I follow. It’s intertwined into my whole family life, probably too much if you listen to my wife. 

and I respect that. So why can't others respect the fact that some of us love the Rangers, the football, the history and keep this seperate from our political views?

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I have it on good authority from a rampant Yes voter that once we become independent the SNP will disband the next day and leave political life for good. 😂😂

The Craig Houston approach.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you feel the hurt being inflicted isn't massive and/or the benefits to yourself, children and community will be much more then you could vote for it.

Or if they feel the damage is substantial, but the advantages towards the other things are so much greater that it's worth it, but with a heavy heart for the other stuff. That's how those people will likely see it.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Conservative life peer, former minister and celtic FC chairman.

John Reid pushing for HMRC to investigate our use of EBT (allegedly) isn't as bad as turning down a fanzone etc?

You're talking about something that 'allegedly' happened. I'm in no way defending him here btw.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s what they keep telling us, wonder how they will split on party lines, we could run a book on it.

My thought is they will still be there as a third party, once they’ve had power they won’t give it up easily 

Archived