Anyone here play football?

Burts91

Used to. Replaced Aidan mcgesdy when he left Queen's Park for taigs and Derek carcary went to Rangers the same summer. Could've made it, was a mongo and ended up way a criminal record. Career gone.

Played top end amateur right enough up till 25, went back at 29 and retired at 31.

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Used to. Replaced Aidan mcgesdy when he left Queen's Park for taigs and Derek carcary went to Rangers the same summer. Could've made it, was a mongo and ended up way a criminal record. Career gone.

Played top end amateur right enough up till 25, went back at 29 and retired at 31.

I remember some mad wee lassie made a Del Carcary Bebo Fan Page when he signed for Rangers from QP 😂 

Could have been an MSN group 😂 

Played junior football through most of my 20's. Had been training with Raith Rovers for a while and at end of season was meant to make the step up to senior. Tore my patella tendon in the march was out for 9 months. Rovers didn't happen. Then broke my leg again at 28 again in March. Didn't have it in me to go back to football. Haven't kicked a ball since. No even had a game of 5s. Made a promise to my daughter she'd never see me like that again. 

2lm9j80.jpg

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Played junior football through most of my 20's. Had been training with Raith Rovers for a while and at end of season was meant to make the step up to senior. Tore my patella tendon in the march was out for 9 months. Rovers didn't happen. Then broke my leg again at 28 again in March. Didn't have it in me to go back to football. Haven't kicked a ball since. No even had a game of 5s. Made a promise to my daughter she'd never see me like that again. 

2lm9j80.jpg

Fuck sake. Sorry to hear that as well. Everybody here’s had bad injuries. Brutal. I’ve been lucky with the amount of football I’ve played, 28 n never broken anything etc. Just had ankle ligament damage and that’s it. Touch wood! 

1 hour ago, Burts91 said:

Fuck sake. Sorry to hear that as well. Everybody here’s had bad injuries. Brutal. I’ve been lucky with the amount of football I’ve played, 28 n never broken anything etc. Just had ankle ligament damage and that’s it. Touch wood! 

I did my ACL at 21 and that was it for me. Never been right since.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

That is a real pity mate, but sometimes when we are young we do not take the right road and I am sure you were not the only one. 

3 hours ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

2lm9j80.jpg

What amateur teams did you play for? 

36 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is a real pity mate, but sometimes when we are young we do not take the right road and I am sure you were not the only one. 

Aye was for something really fucking stupid as well. But that's how it goes sometimes. Released by QP and started sliding down the system to ,u21s then amateur and now retirement haha 

Due to Spaghetti holding my knees together I never made it . Tried coming back a few times but last about an hour and me knees pack in again .

All down to slipping and dislocating my knee and breaking my ankle in 2 places while drunk . Rarely drink now .

The other knee was fucked before this when I megged someone on the turn and got studs stuck in grass and heard an almighty pop.( 8 months out.)

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye was for something really fucking stupid as well. But that's how it goes sometimes. Released by QP and started sliding down the system to ,u21s then amateur and now retirement haha 

My wee cousin did something similar. He was a fantastic young player. Was supposed to join Aberdeen at 16. Everything was done and agreed. He was playing in a semi against their rivals. Wee cousin made a horrendous tackle and was sent off, rightly so.  A riot started and he was in the middle of it.  Stuck the nut in some boy. Aberdeen got wind of it and pulled the plug. He got banned for a year after that to. 

19 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

My wee cousin did something similar. He was a fantastic young player. Was supposed to join Aberdeen at 16. Everything was done and agreed. He was playing in a semi against their rivals. Wee cousin made a horrendous tackle and was sent off, rightly so.  A riot started and he was in the middle of it.  Stuck the nut in some boy. Aberdeen got wind of it and pulled the plug. He got banned for a year after that to. 

Aye my ban was 5 year reduced to 1 on appeal. Criminal record with my ban and career off 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Are you not a goalie anymore?

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

My big mate played with QP in the 99/00 season when they won the 3rd division....which is obviously 19year ago...who was the manager cowboy McCormack?

I wasn't in the first team mate. I was pro youth with them I think I went there when I was 15. Which would be 98/99 or it was the 99/00 season 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I wasn't in the first team mate. I was pro youth with them I think I went there when I was 15. Which would be 98/99 or it was the 99/00 season 

No worries....I thought you had maybe played in the same team as my m8...your obviously a good bit younger👍

Had a couple of decent opportunities to play at a good level when I was younger and they never worked out for different reasons. Played a couple of seasons in the juniors a few years back but fell away from that and lost interest for a while after finding the step down from juniors to being back paying to play on council pitches with the amateurs thoroughly depressing.

Sunday league loyal nowadays.