One of the all time greats

Essandoh

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Amoruso taking goal kicks for two seasons šŸ™ˆ

I recently watched the full game of the 3-2 win against them in 2002 (Sutton scored after 19 seconds) and Amo always hoofed them to fuck :lol:Ā 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I recently watched the full game of the 3-2 win against them in 2002 (Sutton scored after 19 seconds) and Amo always hoofed them to fuck :lol:Ā 

Aye big run up and smashed it :lol:Ā Can remember a couple of hair raising moments where they didn't get off the ground and went straight down the middle of the park to opposition midfielders.

I think it originally started in the home game against Parma in 99. Think it was due to a hip adductor muscle Klos was injured with, but it wasn't like he couldn't kick to begin with anyway! That was the start of that injury anyway. He came out in the second half wearing long pants and then Niemi was in goal the next couple of games.

Good rather than great imo. Ā Excellent shot stopper but poor on crosses and commanding the six yard box. Ā At theĀ time when we had central defenders like Konterman being outmuscled and intimidatedĀ by Sutton/Hartson, I thought he could have taken a few more risks in coming out and helping out the defence deal with the high ball. Ā Maybe unfair on him as it wasnā€™t his natural game, and the blame should more fairly rest on our CBs, however still would have liked to see him do more on the cross ball.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

I had that yellow top when I was a kid, only goalie top I've ever owned

Klos was world class. I think Goram was better, but weve been blessed with some really great keepers over the years. Were lucky be having this debate

Goram was brilliant but I think Klos just edges him out, just ever so slightly though. Both were outstanding keepers for us.

17 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Watterues will always be on my good books tbh. Produced an amazing individual performance at the piggery when we won 2-0 which helped us win the league.Ā Wasnā€™t as good in his second season.

It's not hatred or anything, just remember Klos sticking by us when there was options for him and also taking the armband. Was a lot younger then so probably a blind spot there as well...

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

McGregor's 6ft+. He's not short for a keeper.

I thought he was pretty much 6ft on the dot? I dare say he must be below average in terms of top drawer keepers? Can't name any shorter at his level off the top of my head anyway.

13 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

I thought he was pretty much 6ft on the dot? I dare say he must be below average in terms of top drawer keepers? Can't name any shorter at his level off the top of my head anyway.

Think Iker Casillas is almost identical in height

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Think Iker Casillas is almost identical in height

Slightly off topic, but I would have loved Casillas to have been in goals for Porto over these games, mostly down to the fact I imagine it would mean a lot to McGregor, based on absolutely nothing...

9 hours ago, Spliffy said:

Slightly off topic, but I would have loved Casillas to have been in goals for Porto over these games, mostly down to the fact I imagine it would mean a lot to McGregor, based on absolutely nothing...

Casillas and Shagger were up against each other when Scotland played SpainĀ 

Archived