Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity

Malkytfp1

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Think we drew with them three times last season. Hearts are our bogey team this season probably

Yes as i said ,bogey was laid to rest and now we are on 4 in a row 

True our 5 points dropped to Hearts  will probably prove costly 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is just too harsh for me . I'm a moan at the best of times but have a beer tonight . Enjoy a good win 

What's harsh?

Stranraer, St Mirren, Hearts, Ross County, Abereen. Those are the game we have played. What games did we not look poor in? 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Our tactics/formation need some change. Whilst they work in europe and against teams who come at us, the rest have figured us out and the 2 number 10's doesn't seem to work against the big parked bus.

We created very little tonight from open play again and whilst we want trophies the cup game at Hamilton this weekend is a good opportunity to try something new, whether it be 2 up top or dropping a holding midfielder.

I hate using the "plan B" phrase but it is evidently missing and costing us.

We were doing well with it pre xmas, just this side of it, it has become rather ponderous. Lost the high tempo, lots of square passing and so.

As I've said, the lad Hagi is more direct with a touch of magic and just the spark that reignites the rest. They'll need to keep up with him. Just the game changer we need. We build on what was out there tonight.

Feeling more postive after tonight.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So we go to 352 and drop points at this stage of the season are you commending Gerrard for trying something new?

On 29th Dec were you criticising a lack of a plan B?

No, like i said it's a plan B for when it is not working. With the sqaud qaulity we have we should be able to mix it up in a cup tie against bottom placed Hamilton and still get a result.

Flipside, if we continue playing the way we have lately and drop more points like we have the last few games, do you commemd Gerrard for sticking with the same game plan which is not working?

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What's harsh?

Stranraer, St Mirren, Hearts, Ross County, Abereen. Those are the game we have played. What games did we not look poor in? 

Wow mate . Chill out . We can't change those results or as you said poor performances  . We can only start winning games as from tonight . We just did 

And IMO , that was a lot better than the weekend 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

We were doing well with it pre xmas, just this side of it, it has become rather ponderous. Lost the high tempo, lots of square passing and so.

As I've said, the lad Hagi is more direct with a touch of magic and just the spark that reignites the rest. They'll need to keep up with him. Just the game changer we need. We build on what was out there tonight.

Feeling more postive after tonight.

I think the tempo plays a big part in it. Some of our football tonight in the 2nd half showed that.

Feeling more positive after a great result tonight in the end. Hopefully we can kick on.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Wow mate . Chill out . We can't change those results or as you said poor performances  . We can only start winning games as from tonight . We just did 

And IMO , that was a lot better than the weekend 

Haha i'm chill until you said chill out fuck sake.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No, like i said it's a plan B for when it is not working. With the sqaud qaulity we have we should be able to mix it up in a cup tie against bottom placed Hamilton and still get a result.

Flipside, if we continue playing the way we have lately and drop more points like we have the last few games, do you commemd Gerrard for sticking with the same game plan which is not working?

I think we're more likely to be successful getting players back to form by them playing a system they're used to than one they're not. For me form is the biggest issue.

We're getting key players back, and have introduced a natural no 10. I'd stick rather than twist.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think we're more likely to be successful getting players back to form by them playing a system they're used to than one they're not. For me form is the biggest issue.

We're getting key players back, and have introduced a natural no 10. I'd stick rather than twist.

Completely agree. If we can get this style we have played working again then problem solved. I'd simply like us to have another system we can switch to mid game and shake it up for when it isnt working and i woukdny mind seeing us try that against Hamilton.

Hearts & Aberdeen have just taken 5 points from us yet both lost at home tonight. They are shite. We need to try something different to break teams down. Once we do, teams will change their tactics. Until then we are stuck with this pathetic 10 men behind the ball shite because they all know it works.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck that  the missus is in there wae my greeting 1 year old. Would much rather argue wae folks on here.

You bloody would . Sometimes i think that image you have on your profile , is actually you . Grumpy face 

Ok I'm off to my bed . You win :lol:

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

We switch it 2nd half and were much better for it. Created loads of opportunities. I’d like to keep the formation we played 2nd half I think it suits the players we have much more than the 433

Tbf i did notice a change 2nd half with Aribo almost playing as a supporting or 2nd striker. He was much higher.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hearts & Aberdeen have just taken 5 points from us yet both lost at home tonight. They are shite. We need to try something different to break teams down. Once we do, teams will change their tactics. Until then we are stuck with this pathetic 10 men behind the ball shite because they all know it works.

Seriously did the sheep loose am just in the door

15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes we won, but we have been terrible since we came back from the break. We have went from a position of strength to a position of last chance and somethings gotta give.

The taigs were poor and reacted by switching to a 3-5-2 and they are unfortunately flying now whilst we have been extremely poor and have not reacted. We should have a backup plan, a system to change to when our current tactics are failing and they are. The late winner was paper over the cracks tonight. 

IMO I think they have stumbled across a formation. They had Forrest and the Southampton boy out, Morgan and Sinclair were  leaving, Christie was suspended and they kinda had no choice but to play 3-5-2. They were also seemingly trying to bring wingers in but failed.

I touched upon it in the General Sports thread but whilst they are winning, convincingly in score lines, we didn't really expect them to drop points or lose any of of those games after the break, with maybe the exception of Motherwell. No one really expected them to lose to Partick, Hamilton or Ross County but in all of those game they have still conceded a number of chances, made a number of mistakes and got away with a fair few decisions. Right now, they are primarily being carried by Edouard. That won't last forever, and neither will their luck IMO.

However, all we can focus on right now is ourselves. I thought we showed some positives signs tonight. Some good play, hunger, desire, fight and it was great to see Tav back, Edmundson looked solid, Hagi looks like that bit of magic/spark we have been missing and Morelos looked much stronger and like his old self. Hopefully they can drag up the performances of some of those around them. Also good to see Stewart and Jones involved. We're going to need our full squad these next few months. Getting Jack back sooner than later will be massive too.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tbf i did notice a change 2nd half with Aribo almost playing as a supporting or 2nd striker. He was much higher.

Yep. It was much better for Kent as he was able to get 1 on 1 with the defender and Aribo is perfect in this position because he has the discipline to drop slightly deeper when not in possession. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

IMO I think they have stumbled across a formation. They had Forrest and the Southampton boy out, Morgan and Sinclair were  leaving, Christie was suspended and they kinda had no choice but to play 3-5-2. They were also seemingly trying to bring wingers in but failed.

I touched upon it in the General Sports thread but whilst they are winning, convincingly in score lines, we didn't really expect them to drop points or lose any of of those games after the break, with maybe the exception of Motherwell. No one really expected them to lose to Partick, Hamilton or Ross County but in all of those game they have still conceded a number of chances, made a number of mistakes and got away with a fair few decisions. Right now, they are primarily being carried by Edouard. That won't last forever, and neither will their luck IMO.

However, all we can focus on right now is ourselves. I thought we showed some positives signs tonight. Some good play, hunger, desire, fight and it was great to see Tav back, Edmundson looked solid, Hagi looks like that bit of magic/spark we have been missing and Morelos looked much stronger and like his old self. Hopefully they can drag up the performances of some of those around them. Also good to see Stewart and Jones involved. We're going to need our full squad these next few months. Getting Jack back sooner than later will be massive too.

I didn't expect them to get 9 out of 9 in three consecutive away games but they did. They won't drop points at home. We have made it hard for ourselves.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I didn't expect them to get 9 out of 9 in three consecutive away games but they did. They won't drop points at home. We have made it hard for ourselves.

Forgot St Johnstone away. St Johnstone away is probably the easiest away game in the league. Hamilton away not far behind. I was hopeful tonight but it wasn't to be. Never seen their game. Seen a few highlights and it looked like Motherwell could have been level or in front by half time, and with their opener they got another huge slice of luck.

We have absolutely made it more difficult for ourselves but it's still very much in our hands. We just need to keep focusing on ourselves and picking up 3 points. There will be many more swings and roundabouts.  Tonight feels like a pivotal moment. We need to push on now.

Archived