Kent looks like a donkey right now!

superallysbears

50 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I genuinely think assist stats are very flawed. For example if you run by 10 players and pass it to another player who then lays it on for someone to tap it in then it's the other boys assist. 

I don't think it's a stat to get to worked up over

I'm sure they count that as an assist in the ice hockey. 

They count up to two people before the goal as assists.

If we were to count those in the example given, Ryan Kent has registered one "hockey assist" in the league this season (away to Aberdeen in the 2-2).

I love the lad and agree he's a big game player, but he should be putting up better numbers, ideally in both goals and assists. He more than has the ability.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Even if it wasn't he's given a free role, the whole point is to avoid being marked :lol:

Opposition teams sometimes assign a player to do nothing else but follow Kent around the park.  The same thing has happened to much better player.  It happened to Laudrup constantly in European competition.

If an opposition team is man marking or doubling up it’s up to the rest of the team to exploit the space.  Hopefully the arrival of Hagi will help us do that.  

Just now, Supersonic said:

I'm sure they count that as an assist in the ice hockey. 

They count up to two people before the goal as assists.

If we were to count those in the example given, Ryan Kent has registered one "hockey assist" in the league this season (away to Aberdeen in the 2-2).

I love the lad and agree he's a big game player, but he should be putting up better numbers, ideally in both goals and assists. He more than has the ability.

But as @McEwan's Lager says above. Even when it's not happening he doesn't hide.

I'd rather a Kent in my team over an Ojo who iirc actually has better numbers. 

Our play in the final third needs to improve, we give it away to often and we run out of ideas in the final third. In the first half of the season we were tearing teams open at times, with quick passing, overlaps and incisive play. Hopefully second half against Hibs is a turning point. My view is Kent should be on the bench if he's not performing, he may perform better off the bench as an impact player cause sometimes (even in his best of games) we don't see enough of him in the 90 mins. Having Hagi will hopefully help Kent's game but we need Aribo and Stewart (Jones aswell if in favour) to step up and contribute goals, we need all our forward players to be scoring double figures.

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

He’s averaging a goal every 194mins in the league.  That’s hardly “once every ten games”.  His game time in the Europa was limited due to his late arrival and injury shortly after.

It also hard for a player coming who's missed a pre-season we saw that with Barisic.

The Kent argument is similar to that of TA Flo.....it’s not Kent’s fault that it was a £7million price tags and unfortunately when buying from England (or anywhere) £7 million can still be a huge gamble these days.  FFS Aberdeen were apparently asking for upwards of £5 million for Scott fucking McKenna.

Someone down south would’ve paid the money had we not and the board would’ve been hammered on here for not financing the deal.  

No issue with people discussing his form but the price tags should be left out of it.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats cause we need to wait for the fullbacks to move up, instead of getting kent out wide himself and doing the job we ask of barisic only kent does it quicker 

Indeed, 

Against the shite teams that sit deep when attacking would like to see something like:

McGregor

Goldson.               Katic/Edmundson

Tav.                 Davis.           Jack          Barisic

Hagi

Aribo/Arfield.       Morelos.                 Kent

4-2-1-3   becomes   2-4-1-3 when attacking. 

8 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Indeed, 

Against the shite teams that sit deep when attacking would like to see something like:

McGregor

Goldson.               Katic/Edmundson

Tav.                 Davis.           Jack          Barisic

Hagi

Aribo/Arfield.       Morelos.                 Kent

4-2-1-3   becomes   2-4-1-3 when attacking. 

Id take davis out for arfield and play him and hagi behind morelos, or aribo for arfield and play kent and kamberi wide of morelos

Archived